Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #29

I know..I know...that' why I tried to apologize at the end of my last post!! I was just bustin' your chops!

You know, I don't care what people ride- as long as they ride. Outdoors is outdoors, man! I see too many couch potatoes that if they just got into doing sumpthin' outdoors, they'd be better off-that's why I like this site and the people who "get out"! We are "get out and stay out as long as you can"!

You know, I'll extend an invitation when I get ready to built 'em...but I got my "good" welding days, and then I got those where I couldn't Elmer's two pieces of paper together...go figure. I'll just get that dusty ol' crystal ball out and see was she tells me! I had to get a wire-feed when I got my rail...friend told me that...and it could use some work also. Just not enought time. Just to give you an idea....I'll spend countless hours drawing it out, working my fingers to the bone with MS Publisher to scale the work (OK...now you got me!), only to find out I missed something in the process- it's what I live for! And 1/2"? We're probably talking about 1 1/4" frame...doors have to be 1 3/4", with a believeable skin attached.

Party it will be...because I just gotta have "air in- dust out". And if you've done it once, there's just that expectation (at least in my mind!).
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #30

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Likewise on the 'who cares whats ridden'
There is a Honda shop across the street from my work and I swear I've walked over there dozens of times and just about pulled out my checkbook to write out a deposit. I just like bikes.

And I don't weld enough to stay really good. By the time I finish each of my projects, the work is really looking fine, however that implies that there is a start of every project as well. I have a couple buddies who I am pretty sure could tig glass together and you wouldn't see the seam. (But then one of their bikes has ridden many times in the back of my truck as i went to pick him up on the side of a road broken down somewhere. )
I just end up taking my time.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #31

Yeap...my wife has told my friend I need a written note to use my account..whose friend is he anyway?

I may have some ugly welds, but never one to come apart. Penetreytion (Yep...spelled so the filters wouldn't have a cow) is my better point- that's why God created grinders- Crappy welder's best friend!

So what's in store for your RV trips ahead? We've talked Johnson Valley, (you need to disvoer Rainbow), and other...what's your sched look like?
Old 04-18-2005, 08:05 PM   #32

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So what's in store for your RV trips ahead? We've talked Johnson Valley, (you need to disvoer Rainbow), and other...what's your sched look like?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good question. I defintily want to get up towards Death Valley one of these ...., and we of course will hit ButterCup for a weekend, one of our favorites. But i haven't been planning out much primarily because my trailer sold immediatly (almost a bummer) and my new one is supposed to be here this week after 3 months of 'on order'. It was almost a mistake putting the other one up for sale so soon.
I would like to see Johnson Valley, and Rainbow? I don't know where that is unless thats the spot just east of the Salton.
There are a handful of toy'lers here including '56, and Sandy I know is out and about a lot. I do remain busy at the salt mine, but I need to get out.
Anyone have any plans set, or want to see ..... ?

Mike, Codie, and lil' Zach-attack
Old 04-18-2005, 08:18 PM   #33

Mike:

See my post on the new guys' forum...Rainbow is north of Barstow off Ft. Irwin road...great place..been to a bunch of them (Wide Wash Road, Hodge Road, etc off I15). Dumont is off Death Valley- we were just there. Where is ButterCup?

I know what you are saying...I'm in the kinda the same boat..I just had a looker on my '95, and it may be sold. That means I made "hung out to dry" until June. Our big trip is 3rd week in June..."Heaven" and I could tell you, but I'd have to shoot you. You betta email me if you've got June free (like you'd have all of June free!!!).
Old 04-18-2005, 08:40 PM   #34

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">..i haven't been planning out much primarily because my trailer sold immediatly (almost a bummer) and my new one is supposed to be here this week after 3 months of 'on order'. It was almost a mistake putting the other one up for sale so soon.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,

I feel your pain
We put our FB2200 up for sale early in February and had three clearly
interested buyers. The third one bought it the last week in February, so
we haven't been out for a long time.

What's interesting, is our ad still remained active in the RV Trader
and we had no more calls after we sold it......... weird. So maybe it
was best that we sold it when we did.

We ordered the new WW on February 25th....... too long to be without a rig.

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:59 AM   #35

WWFan
Buttercup is part of the Glamis family and is at the south end right off of I8. There is an asphalt pulloff from the freeway with a culdesac turnaround with parking on that road, the access road, the sand road, the sand itself,..
it is just generally a little more quiet then Glamis itself and can be considered more family orrientated. Both sides of Glam are great. The comp hill at Buttercup is probably not competition ultimate but very fun, but I can take Cordie and lil' Zach-attach up and down it, although Cordie so far has only gone down it and not up. (you can get to it from the backside)

when I was going there years ago with all my 'Waylon Jennings' type youth friends we would only go to Glamis central, now that we've rowdied-on-down that Buttercup is ever so fine. funny how that works. I'll ride for a while and then 'work' on the bikes back at camp with both of my eyes closed in my recliner and just make sure that the camp runs well.
Oh, and Buttercup is just a short dozen miles or so from Yuma, and we always pack into my truck and go hit the 'big city' for a great Mexican lunch at this diner I know on 8th Street and then buy carne asada for BBQing at that nites dinner back at sand-land.

that got anyone hungry???
Old 04-19-2005, 08:58 AM   #36

FatDog:

Sounds like a great place- I'll have to try it, but probably not until next spring...Dumont was into the 90's this last weekend, and I'm sure farther south was even warmer!!

3 months on order? Wow...did you order a bunch of add-ons? We ordered ours on 3/29 and just got a 5/21 out-of-production date, with a pickup date of somewhere around 6/1. Of course, there's a few items that Giant has to do, like Sat Dish and inverter (I still need to find out about the Equinox), and then some I've got to do (batteries, 16" wheels/tires), but I'm hoping to have worked out way before the 3rd week of June.

Actually, this time of the year is the best time to SELL a coach, so if you're trying to max your "winnings", somepthin' else has to give- like using it!

And yes...I am hungry now!