Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #1

Wow...it sure took me a while, but with the phenomenal help from Mark (Buford), the SLC is FINALLY fitted with the new feeties!!

I can't even begin to tell you how much better they make the TH look. We did go with the Eagle Alloy's 0550-7766 rims with the 10mm negative offset, and the Michelin LT235/85R16E
XPS Ribs. I'm telling you...these Ribs are just about as beefy as beefy comes. Everything just fits like a glove. And now I've got 18,252# capacity on the rear axles!

A plug for Mark...he has become an Eagle Alloy DISTRIBUTOR, so if you're looking for these puppies, give him a call (or PM him)...he just flat out biffed the competition with service (Delivered to my TH Ramp at the BBQ! ) and especially the price. He had a good price on the tires also, but since I still needed someone to mount & balance the tires, I went with my Big O guy for about $4 more per tire so he wouldn't gouge me on the B&M'ing.

I can't go into the actual specifics yet as to why I've ramped this project up, but will do so within the next few weeks (there is motive for my madness at spending almost $3k to do this).

Oh...and BTW...got OVER 4" higher on the coach and now the outside access stuff (basement, fuel station) isn't quite so bad from having to bend over too much!

Now...what to do with 7 slightly used WW rims and tires...(hummm...see classifieds!)...

Thanks BB!!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #2

Wow...it sure took me a while, but with the phenomenal help from Mark (Buford), the SLC is FINALLY fitted with the new feeties!!

I can't even begin to tell you how much better they make the TH look. We did go with the Eagle Alloy's 0550-7766 rims with the 10mm negative offset, and the Michelin LT235/85R16E
XPS Ribs. I'm telling you...these Ribs are just about as beefy as beefy comes. Everything just fits like a glove. And now I've got 18,252# capacity on the rear axles!

A plug for Mark...he has become an Eagle Alloy DISTRIBUTOR, so if you're looking for these puppies, give him a call (or PM him)...he just flat out biffed the competition with service (Delivered to my TH Ramp at the BBQ! ) and especially the price. He had a good price on the tires also, but since I still needed someone to mount & balance the tires, I went with my Big O guy for about $4 more per tire so he wouldn't gouge me on the B&M'ing.

I can't go into the actual specifics yet as to why I've ramped this project up, but will do so within the next few weeks (there is motive for my madness at spending almost $3k to do this).

Oh...and BTW...got OVER 4" higher on the coach and now the outside access stuff (basement, fuel station) isn't quite so bad from having to bend over too much!

Now...what to do with 7 slightly used WW rims and tires...(hummm...see classifieds!)...

Thanks BB!!

Sean
Old 10-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #3

Awesome, Looks great Sean. Someday I will have em too but for now all the money is going in the truck.

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Sean.

Excellent choice in tires. Those will last you six years. Do you keep WW's that long ?

Another good choice for people looking is the Bridgestone R187...all steel like the Michelin. You pay for what you get....even counts with tires .
Old 10-12-2006, 07:01 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom and Patty:
Sean.

Excellent choice in tires. Those will last you six years. Do you keep WW's that long ?

Another good choice for people looking is the Bridgestone R187...all steel like the Michelin. You pay for what you get....even counts with tires . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

T&P! Great seeing you again around here!

Well, I must say that there were a lot of good people who steered me in this direction...and I'm glad you brought up the Bridgestone option- they were over $40 cheaper (Mark did offer those as a substitute), but by the time I had decided, I had decided on the Michelins. The next big project is finding a way to cover them up in a pristine fashion!

And, YES: we do plan on having our SLC for at least 6 years- dang- it's taken me this long to get it just about right with all the modes and upgrades. I'd hate to think about doing all of these again before then!

Sean
Old 10-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Looking good there Sean! I do like those wheels.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #7

Very nice Sean it now looks like a high end Diesel Pusher........................... Well almost Looks great but Lincster will still say you cant go over the weight your sticker says
Socal camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Socal camper:
Very nice Sean it now looks like a high end Diesel Pusher........................... Well almost Looks great but Lincster will still say you cant go over the weight your sticker says </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And THAT'S exactly what I'd expect Linc to tell me if I was! But that all depends on what the stickers says, ey? You just got a hint...
Old 10-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #9

So what's it gonna be 16 or 18. Has WW bought off on it?

06 LE 3505
Old 10-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #10

Old 10-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #11

06 LE 3505
Old 10-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #12

Oh...one little tidbit I forgot...the spare tire won't fit. Got to either re-manufacturer the entire swing-up carrier assembly, or go this route:

This is the same unit that's on our F350 (actually, the wheel holder part is much better on our F350, but they say this is the unit for the 1999-2006 F350's)....it's $87 on eBay, but I think I can get my local Ford Dealer to kick some off their $106 price to kinda make it even with the $19 shipping on eBay (that's why I don't shop there much unless it's light and expensive )).

Whatdayathink guys (and gals)?!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:43 AM   #13

Welcome to the world of 16's! I love mine and I am the envy of my friends Ain't life sweet!!!

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #14

Sean,

They look awesome and I know that you will love them. I think you know where I stand on WW fitting their trailers with 15's as standard issue, remember back to Wes' issues with his trailer. It's just so sad to think that the only way to get decent tires and rims on a WW is to "do it yourself". I had 16's on my Nomad back in 2000 factory from the dealer, and I have mega 16 G's on my Alfa. These big trailers HAVE to be fitted with tires and wheels that make them safe, not something that just get's them off the dealers lot. (Enough said from my soapbox).

I know you'll love them and now you and Mo and Bri are much safer travelin' down the road...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote