Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #29

We don't need the extra space for toys, we need the extra space for a second master bedroom and bath for disability purposes.
We have lived In our current 16 model 33' fiver and have enjoyed. It cost us $50k brand new. Since this is our retirement and our final forever home we want a high end luxury fifth wheel that's built like a house and not like a camper.
Similar quality coaches run $500-750 k. From our full timing experience thus far, many full timers we meet agree that there is much more usable living space in a fifth wheel versus a motor coach.
Different strokes for different folks is correct. If i was a rich man id be buying a tractor and having a spacecraft trailer custom built over a motor coach hands down without thinking twice.
The wife gets vertigo easily so being able to walk around in a coach during travel is not a deciding factor for us and modern high end fivers now a days have all the same luxuries as a motor coach.
Thats the beauty of full timing in an RV, you do you
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2021, 06:20 AM   #30

Okay, I get it now, you are having a custom fiver built and not a toy hauler. Sorry, I missed the post that explained that.

As full timers we can actually compare living/traveling in a 43' coach and now a 44' toy hauler. There is not as much living area even if you count the garage. The storage space is close but much of it ends up being in interior cabinets that require a step stool to reach, instead of exterior pull out drawers underneath.

Anyway, good luck with your build. Hope it turns out to be everything you wanted it to be and more.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:25 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
Okay, I get it now, you are having a custom fiver built and not a toy hauler. Sorry, I missed the post that explained that.

As full timers we can actually compare living/traveling in a 43' coach and now a 44' toy hauler. There is not as much living area even if you count the garage. The storage space is close but much of it ends up being in interior cabinets that require a step stool to reach, instead of exterior pull out drawers underneath.

Anyway, good luck with your build. Hope it turns out to be everything you wanted it to be and more.
Tyvm. That's also why were doing the side patio, for more living space.
We figure that the 48' th will have about the same square footage in living and kitchen area as our 33' fiver but have allot more luxuries and bigger appliances. So what we will be gaining with the th is a bigger upper upper master bedroom with way more closet space, a bigger master bath. Then the whole 16' 2nd master bedroom with 2nd master bath room for me. So basically for us everything is a tad more bigger from the garage to the front with an extreme upgrade in luxuries and then there is the whole extra garage area/ 2nd master. Then an all around extremely better built home going from a fr to a luxe for full timing.
Every time someone picks out a new rv, they have there number one priority that leads them in a particular direction.
Large living, aka upper living model, rear upper living
Large master bath
Walk in closet
bunk/ office room
large kitchen area, aka upper or lower kitchen
toys to haul aka th
2nd master bedroom.
With our personal physical limitations and how my medication makes me act in my sleep, a second master bedroom was the most important priority in picking out a new fiver for us. There are very few models out there that aren't a th that have a true second master and not just a kids bunk room. Most th can be converted to your likes, and the luxe makes the quality seem like the garage/ 2nd master is Extention of the house not just a garage.
I know we won't get everything we want either because of engineering issue or it just doesn't come out how we interpreted it but I'm going to do my best to stay on there arses. Hopefully it turns out 90% of how we have planned . We have had a couple stix and brix built based on my wife's design and nothing ever comes out perfect and thers is always stuff you wished you had done differently. There is no perfect, that's for sure, just try to get as close as possible, in your price range.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, full time, toy hauler