Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Garage for Harley

How big of a garage do you need for full size Bike ?
5th wheel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2020, 12:45 PM   #2

?? Bikes are different sizes.. Do you have a tape measure ?
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch99 View Post
5th wheel

Full Dresser HD .

I have a trailer for my Road King and consider it the smallest that will let you load the bike comfortably.

Bike is setup with Police Windshield , hard Saddlebags , Tour Pack and Crash Bars.

Trailer -
Length - 10'-0"

Width - 4'-0"

Height - 6'-0"

Weight of bike - 750 lb.
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 03:36 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
My HD Freewheeler fits in 10 ft "garage" in my Outlaw with room to squeeze around the rear of the bike when loaded. Your problem won't be length when looking at toy haulers, it is going to be the angle of the ramp and transition to the actual RV. A full dresser will bottom out on steep ramps or drag when at the bottom of the ramp. You may need to make a ramp extension to lessen the angles when loading and unloading. I did for my trike as the pipes would drag or dig in at the bottom of the ramp.

Good luck with your search and safe riding!
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:22 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
the bike is Approx 106 inches long
Old 12-23-2020, 06:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch99 View Post
5th wheel

10' is generally the shortest garage length you will find in toy haulers and a HD touring dresser will easily fit. Example was my Raptor 300MP. I had the 2011 HD Electra Glide Limited mounted right of center. Had room that I also carried a second once. Bike was held in place using the Harbor Freight black steel wheel chock, similar to the Condor in dimensions. Current Raptor has a 11' garage which means I can have a bit more room in front of the bike to the garage front wall.

EDIT, just saw RI expat comment about ramp angle and many of the toy haulers have a dove tail floor so that eases the ground clearance issue.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #7

I used to haul my Ultra around in a 6x12' cargo trailer and it's "Garage" at home was 8x12 storage shed, The shed had a small work bench too. I'd say minimum is 10'.

2X on checking ramp angle. Mine would sometime catch the bottom of the frame especially if I had no air in the shocks.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #8

I have a 2019 GD M351 which has an 11 ft garage. I have a 2019 ultra limited, it fits with enough room to get around the front and back. A 10 ft would result in the rear wheel not breaking the rear incline unless the front wheel was against the front wall.
NYFarmboy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:07 AM   #9

NYFarmboy54 good point, wouldn't want the rear wheel parked on the dove tail.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrace View Post
NYFarmboy54 good point, wouldn't want the rear wheel parked on the dove tail.
With any size garage if you load the bike too far forward the rear tire can be on the dovetail section. With my Raptor 300MP and 10' garage the wheel chock was mounted pretty far forward but I could still squeeze in front of the bike. The rear tires was safely and firmly on the level part of the garage floor. With my current Raptor 356 and 11' garage I have plenty of room front and rear for the bike. A 10' garage is adequate for this sized bike with proper positioning and loading.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:40 PM   #11

i personally wouldn't want my wheel parked on the dove tail. if for some reason the bik is in N when you let off the brake.....well you know what happens. measure your bike, pick a garage longer then the bike or park the bike diag. or buy an open floor plan and put a cover over the bike. they only emit smells if you dont maintain them. fuel tanks vent, easy to address with a paper towel , rubber band and a plastic bag, cover the vent. my last fiver toyhauler was a 2011 295 wolf pack, open floor plan. never smelled fuel or oil from my sand rail. we visit 2 dunes.... oklahoma and idaho. 7hr drive and 15 hr drive, 1 way. 9 years of hauling it and not one trip with smells.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:57 PM   #12

My previous toy hauler was a bumper pull KZ MXT 302. Garage was 8’11”. My 08 Ultra with tour pak fit in fine. Small dove tail but rear wheel was in front of it.
Meanstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 06:47 AM   #13

My new TH garage is 13', which I thought was more than enough for my HD trike to fit. Not so fast. With a rear bumper on the trike it measures almost 9' in length. After my w/d install at the front of the garage, plus keeping my rear wheels off the dovetail at the back, I have to fasten the trike down 2" in front of the stacked w/d unit. If my garage would have been 12'6" I would have had a problem.

My point is.....be sure of all your measurements. Plus, is that the bike you will continue to own the whole time you have your TH?
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote