Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Griz, Lakeside is in east SanDiego county, and like Clark said, I think he is the northern man and i believe I am southern most. I'll have to get out my mapbook, but aren't the rest of you guys reasonably close together somewhere in the middle of us two??
Lets have a BBQ, shake a couple hands, toss around some of '56's (and all others) modifications, some steak and a beer or coffee, whatever.
Cordie had a hard day at work and she just asked me to take her out for a little chow as i just walked in the door right now from work, so i could look at all of our cities on my CA atlas when i get home,
but,... and this is just a but,......
is Yucaipa near the center of all of us, or is it just the earthquake center? I don't know. Sean i'll give you a holler on the phone when i get back tonite.
Any ideas guys?
Again, the steaks and/or ribs are on me this time around.

Mike, Cordie
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #16

Mike,

Do you want to make this a camp out, or just a night out on the town

Either way, sounds like a great idea.

I actually think that Sean is somewhere near the middle. I'll look at an atlas also.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:20 PM   #17

Well, thought the whole idea of getting a new trailer was to camp out in it. Sure, dinner is great too. I'm up for whatever.
I am about 5 minutes away from Disneyland if that helps.
Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #18

Mike I understand now, you are the southern man. I think this would be a great thing to do if everybody's work scedule permits. My wife and I have weekends off. I think it's time to break out a map and plot our locale and go from their.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:57 PM   #19

Hey guys!!

I've got a great couple of CGs scoped out just up the hill towards Big Bear...Barton Flats and San Gorgonio- went up last Saturday and took a map to figure out just which sites were large enough, and whether or not we could manuever the road...no problem! And lots of Jeep & ATV trails...all the way up to Big Bear.

Got to check with Moski, but we've got a free weekend July 9-10...any chances of a get together that weekend? I'm dyin' to get out (as I'm sure FatDog is just a pure wet-mouth right now!).

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:04 PM   #20

I'm not going to have my trailer until the 23rd of July, and I'm not going to sleep in my truck, so I'll have to catch you all next time

WW LE3505
Old 06-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #21

Bad for me, working July 8,9,10.

Weekend of 16-17 good for whatever,

23 have a wedding

29- Aug 5 will be at Malibu RV Park

Soooooooo, you guys pick a date good for you and I'll see if I can work it in

Clark

Old 06-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #22

WWfan I'm easy. If you all want to camp that would be fine with me. Those of us waiting for our rigs could make a day trip of it and meet all of you have some beers shoot the *^^&^$ borrow your barbie and then head down the hill. I still have my 8x10 utility trailer so I can bring the quad if that's what we end up going with. The wife probably would want a day trip until will get the trailer. I don't think she would tent camp at this point with the rig so close to delivery. She's spoiled! That really sounds good to me. You guys get to scratch the itch and we all get to see your rigs and get to know all of you. Nobody drives to far and who doesn't like big bear in the summer!

06 LE 3505
Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #23

A day trip works for me. I dont think my wife will come for the day. Also, August is wide open.

WW LE3505
Old 06-21-2005, 08:19 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by melon:
I'm not going to have my trailer until the 23rd of July, and I'm not going to sleep in my truck, so I'll have to catch you all next time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rod:

Boy...talking about me feelin' like a dog turdd...I'm sorry I posted something like that on your post...but we've been chomping at the bit trying to put something together, and I'll even offer some housing to you, Deb, and the CD hacker if you want to come up and join us...

We are family, and you've certainly offered up your best for this crowd, so...if you wanna come up with us, I'm sure we could find ya some room at the inn.

And I know about that sleepin' in the truck.I wouldn't wish that on anyone!!

Sean
Old 06-21-2005, 08:33 PM   #25

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
yea, everyones gotta come, one way or another.
I guess what it looks like people are leaning towards, is maybe we get a campsite somewhere and a few of us could go there for the weekend, someplace central, and others can come up for a BBQ on Sat night if thats what their schedule has room for??
I just want to have a steak and beer with the guys around here, and this seems to be the way to do it. Some guys may not have their rig yet, so we'll do this AGAIN after your rig is in. Some guys may only be able to come over for a few hours and have some chow and share some stories, good enough, lets do it!! And we'll find some good location and some will make it a little weekend, all are welcome.
Sean was saying that we take a day or two maybe, find a good spot, see where folk have the time, and toss out the anchor.
Clark, I think you said the 9th-10th was bad, maybe the 16-17th??
whats everyone thinking?
Some day crowd people, some overnighters,
I'm buying chow,
everyone here either has a rig or has a rig on the way,
everyone here has a truck and i love to walk around trucks kickin tires talking mods or whatever,
one or two days to pick the best weekend/weekday and we'll pick the spot

Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:49 PM   #26

Hey Mike:

Before we go too farther with this- can you move this (and your previous thread) to a new thread? I already feel like scum taking Rod's newfound joy (if even only on paper!).

I'm all for getting together...July 9-10 (which is not an option because we need Clark there IMHO), or July 16-17. I opt for the Barton Flats/San G CGs, but id anyone's got a more central loc that we can git together, drink some beer, kill a cow, and just make life desirable, then I'm game. Geez...so many of us have had coaches lying in wait, and just gotta get 'em excersised, and like Mikey said, those who are waiting can still join us who got done waitin'.

If it takes a come-together at out place here in Yucaipa, then so be-it...we can berth some ocaches in the culdesac and call it a party!

Sean
Old 06-21-2005, 09:06 PM   #27

July 16-17 can work for me. Just talked to Robin, there the only weekend days I'm not workin or busy.

Either way, camp or eat or camp & eat in Sean's cul-de!!! Lets try to make it work.

Clark

Old 06-22-2005, 06:01 AM   #28

Like I said earlier any weekend is good for me. I'm excited. Come on Deb you haft come your part of the fun here on IRV2. Besides aren't you on summer break this time of the year? If it matters my wife is a little shy and thinks I'm nuts when I drag her into things that involve meeting people for the first time. Your already one step ahead because you have posted here and already know how dang funny Fatdog and WWfan can be. My wife has no clue, she's watching tv when I'm on here. When I told here we might eat dinner with some people I met on a forum she thought I was nuts. I can't wait to here her say how nice that was on the trip home. Sometimes you just have to go for it.

06 LE 3505