Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2021, 06:32 PM   #1

Happi jack bunk bed bench system ???

Im going to have a luxe 48fb w/ side patio built starting in May, probably anyway. I've got a couple questions on the bunk style system. All the kids are grown and the garage will be a fully finished second master bedroom for myself due to medical issues. Luxe has upper bed and both lower happi jack foldable bunks/ bench are standard, but I'm minusing those happi jac bunks/ bench and just having the big bed above. We full time and when we travel, we will be getting a smart eq 4 two car to put in garage under my big bed
1: what size is the big upper bed, it's not the small kid size? Queen maybe
2: luxe is going to comp me money back on my build for minusing the two bunk benches. All I can find online , so I'm in the know to negotiate,, is the happi jac couch that goes in the living room so that's probably not price comparable since it has legs and a frame. About the best i can find is those bunks/ bench in garage would maybe get me around $1500 for the two of them together. Does this sound right , so i can make sure that i negotiate a fair comp?
Can't wait to start this build, hopefully
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2021, 05:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
Im going to have a luxe 48fb w/ side patio built starting in May, probably anyway. I've got a couple questions on the bunk style system. All the kids are grown and the garage will be a fully finished second master bedroom for myself due to medical issues. Luxe has upper bed and both lower happi jack foldable bunks/ bench are standard, but I'm minusing those happi jac bunks/ bench and just having the big bed above. We full time and when we travel, we will be getting a smart eq 4 two car to put in garage under my big bed
1: what size is the big upper bed, it's not the small kid size? Queen maybe
2: luxe is going to comp me money back on my build for minusing the two bunk benches. All I can find online , so I'm in the know to negotiate,, is the happi jac couch that goes in the living room so that's probably not price comparable since it has legs and a frame. About the best i can find is those bunks/ bench in garage would maybe get me around $1500 for the two of them together. Does this sound right , so i can make sure that i negotiate a fair comp?
Can't wait to start this build, hopefully

there is two other places that i have seen that offer the single residential queen bed with two couch beds underneath. the difference in price the one offers is $1900 for just the queen bed or $2690 for the bed and two couch beds below it. scroll down towards the bottom of the page. $790 whole sale vs $1500 retail sounds about right. https://dunesport.com/build-toy-haul...4&accessible=0
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:08 AM   #3

So i was assuming right that the big upper bed was a queen, I can live with that.
Maybe I assumed wrong on the happi Jac bunks, that's about half the amount that i figured they might be. I did forget to add in my first post that I contacted happi jac co. and apparently they just sell the operating parts in systems kits, ie motor, trax, bolts, etc, but they dont sell the bed or bunks, those are all bout seperatly by our manufacturers and to boot they said the big upper bed isn't bought as a pre made kit, it's bed frame is built by our manufacturers third party vendors. Alot of different hands in that system, would of seemed happi jack would of owned the market on all that, missed opportunity on there behalf. Does suck you have to part it all out if your going to do your own build
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:13 AM   #4

Cool site, thx
Old 03-13-2021, 08:26 AM   #5

your welcome on the site link

long story as to why but i too contacted happijac. you are correct that they sell the components for the bed lift systems. they do build the bed platforms when contracted to. i asked specifically on one bed frame used by genesis supreme and the happijac rep confirmed they did make that bed frame to genesis's spec. not saying they build them all as i know the don't. like most companies they don't offer info unless you ask for it in very specific ways lol i do believe that old expression is " like pulling teeth" lol either way all upper beds i have seen are residential queens. i have heard that a few build king size but never personally seen one so i cannot say that for fact. i asked one company if they would build one in a res king and turn the frame 90* plus put 4 fold down legs under the frame to support it. that way it would be easier for two people to climb in and out as the ends as well as short section of the sides would open. they declined but said it could be done. i told them i was only using the bed and not buying the couches or a second bunk. they kept getting confused thinking i was going with a full bunk bed set up. not sure why but oh well.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:33 AM   #6

i paid a deposit to dune sport to have a custom toyhauler built. that's why i know of that site. i went with the single electric reversable sofa and a fold down ceiling mount 32" 12v tv. that way i face the tv and if my children decide to meet us somewhere they have a res queen size bed to sleep on. the rev sofa seats 4 adults and folds down to a 60x80 bed. i had the fold down dinette and jack knife sofa removed from the walls as it's just i and my wife. we don't need the dinette or a second couch plus we ordered it with a side patio. ordered it with a flip up 36" counter top extension so we can use two stools to eat there if need be. not saying this is ideal for all, just us two as i need room for my sand rail first and foremost with camping second on the list lol
Old 03-13-2021, 09:30 AM   #7

Ill also have luxe option in the side patio. With me having to sleep by myself, the queen bed will be plenty good enough. Ill have all soft wall's, soft ceilings, veranda doors, both patios with awnings and rails but I'm only optioning in just 1 patio steps because i don't need one for the rear. I'm also not doing any of the outdoor sterio and speakers just the tv cabinet. and matching tile floor to match the rest of the house. I was going to go with just an added half bath set up, but we decided with my back issues and not knowing when I'll get worse, were going to have a second full bath put in with full size sit down shower , commode and large vanity with a window view, hahaha. The over 16' garage will be reduced to 9.5' from full bath to veranda doors, wich is why we will be limited to a 8.5' smart car, but that will be fine for her. Good to know on happi jac building to suit manufacturers needs. Luxe uses the Amish folks ., I've seen the little individual beds that raise up and down that look like twins but not sure. I would of honestly believed that those two bottom foldable bunk benches would be worth more than $700. That does seem low to me, but I don't know, that's why i ask and inquire from you all
Old 03-14-2021, 04:49 AM   #8

that will be a very well equipped rv!! i am not surprised at the $700 wholesale vs $1500 retail. now there could be more expensive couch bed sets also, that's just what i know of that's on a list i could post a link to.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:10 AM   #9

Isn't that funny how something small can run$500 or more but you add 2 full bunk bed benches and it only cost $700 , you just can't predict what these manufacturers will charge for something based on common sense