Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2022, 01:31 PM   #1

Innovator Toy Hauler

By any chance dose anyone out their own or have owned a toy hauler by Innovator?
Just picked up a 28' and it's been difficult finding information if any, would be nice to find someone that has one.
LuvLakeLivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2022, 12:49 PM   #2

Have the same issue with ‘06 Keystone Kargoroo. Such a unique type of TH thinking there would be a cult following. If there is they are very good at keeping it quiet! Good luck.
John Santy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:23 PM   #3

the reason you cannot find a lot of info or posts pertaining to that make is because it's a cargo trailer with living quarters. those types of toyhauler last longer then any of the campers with cargo areas added. your toyhauler is a cargo trailer first so by default it's far far stronger then a standard camper toyhauler which is a camper with a cargo area added. from time to time some companies pop up that convert the cargo trailers but they never seem to take or they go huge and there prices reflect it. i would've preferred to go that route but the 3 companies i contacted were difficult to get a call back from. they said they built custom floor plans and once you send a cad print....well they knew they were'nt up to the task i guess?? not sure. that was theron at stw trailers in particular. i guess his idea of custom was using a ss sink rather then plastic?? spoke with another company but he wouldn't do any cabinets or counter tops unless they were aluminum. i pre ferred his trailers as the frames were steel rather then aluminum but aluminum cabinets look sterile to myself. lakota and merhow don't built 101" wide trailers, only 96" and narrower. logan trailers has potential all the pics i can find look like there stuck in the 80's on design. sundowner builds some nicely equipped but they make atc look competitive on price!! atc was competitive before they joined rvia but still personally not a fan of aluminum frames giving the fatigue rate. post some pics of yours inside and out. how long of a cargo area do you have? true cargo length as in full width cargo length. most count the floor in front of counter tops so they are using them for hauling dirt bikes or something not a jeep or sand rail or larger sxs. yours prob has a 5k lbs to 7k lb limit on the cargo ramp vs the vast majority of camper toyhaulers with a 2k lb to 2500 lb limit. i would be very careful with the ramp gates labeled 2500 lbs!! that foam and laun board.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:21 PM   #4

Front (side) toy hauler

This wasn’t a cargo trailer, it was an existing camper Keystone just converted the front bedroom to a garage but put a fold down bed up front too. I don’t know if they copied off Mesa Ridge or vis versa but they both made one. Pics from garage back to rear bed and rear up to garage. I like it because you’re not parking toys in the kitchen. Supposed to be able to fit a Dresser in there but I’m not trying it. All I need to go camping is that little Enfield. Was told people use them for offices or mobile workshops. I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4F6FB70B-D4D3-4421-A842-08806FFC2834.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	377528   Click image for larger version

Name:	C0916283-7DE3-4794-AE07-04D0D4EEDF15.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	377529  

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4886DFC-0505-4735-B309-0CE6E4C5D776.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	377530   Click image for larger version

Name:	BDB75A08-6A8B-49B2-988A-A1280C7B2E57.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	377531  

John Santy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:50 PM   #5

It's a 28' box, I haven't measured the garage area but I'd say it's at least 15 or 16', definitely much larger than the living area, in time I'm going to remove the two jack knife couchs and replace one with a couch and on the other side build a small entertainment center to put a TV in, will still have plenty of room beyond that for the bike. I'm not sure how to load pictures I just started on this site but when I get a chance I'll try.. I love the cargo trailer because of the low profile , the camper toy haulers look so high they just look top hheavy like they would flip going around a corner...

Doing some research I found that Innovator file for chapter 7 bankruptcy in 19, not sure how long they produced toy haulers but their campers looked pretty high end from the videos I watched..
LuvLakeLivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLakeLivin View Post
It's a 28' box, I haven't measured the garage area but I'd say it's at least 15 or 16', definitely much larger than the living area, in time I'm going to remove the two jack knife couchs and replace one with a couch and on the other side build a small entertainment center to put a TV in, will still have plenty of room beyond that for the bike. I'm not sure how to load pictures I just started on this site but when I get a chance I'll try.. I love the cargo trailer because of the low profile , the camper toy haulers look so high they just look top hheavy like they would flip going around a corner...

Doing some research I found that Innovator file for chapter 7 bankruptcy in 19, not sure how long they produced toy haulers but their campers looked pretty high end from the videos I watched..

there is a way to download direct below. select manage attachments or as i like to do.....i upload to post image and copy and paste the url. that works on any forum or online site. https://postimages.org/

sadly i am not surprised they filed chapter 7. probably excellent builds just couldn't compete with the camper toyhauler big boys. they have the connections and buying power that the cargo trailer companies do not. margins are razor thin in cargo trailers as well. best way to go for low external maintenance as well as structurally. there are still compaines like this one..... https://www.prolinetrailersales.com/...uarter-trailer ...... that try but well you can see what i'm talking about. my current toyhauler is a custom built by dunes sport. i cannot recommend them but they do custom build your floor plan. they are not stuck with rvia mandates so they are very competitive if not cheaper but don't have the flare/flash of the big 3. they are still camper with cargo space so not as strong as a cargo trailer and will never live as long. i keep mine inside so it will last longer but still ! i consider this company an option for my next one if they offer 102" wide trailers and will make some changes to that floor plan. https://www.cargotrailerdeals.com/to...rs-8-LEMj.html

look at the price tags on these and that is not a floor plan i would ever buy. https://inventory.milltrailers.com/-...snnn%7CVT.html

now this could be a contender depending

cargoswithlivingqtrs
Old 09-29-2022, 01:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Santy View Post
This wasn’t a cargo trailer, it was an existing camper Keystone just converted the front bedroom to a garage but put a fold down bed up front too. I don’t know if they copied off Mesa Ridge or vis versa but they both made one. Pics from garage back to rear bed and rear up to garage. I like it because you’re not parking toys in the kitchen. Supposed to be able to fit a Dresser in there but I’m not trying it. All I need to go camping is that little Enfield. Was told people use them for offices or mobile workshops. I like it.
looks like a great unit for quads or smaller toys.

Tags
toy hauler