Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2005, 07:10 PM   #1

Instead of hijacking hallet's thread, maybe it's a good idea to start a new one...

Here's where our TH lives when it's resting (which isn't much time lately!). Plenty of juice (50a) and water to feed it while it's re-cooping. And it's got lighting built inside the block around it for those dark nights (looks kinda like a runway when we come home at night and have to put it to bed).

high desert...here's some ideas for 'ya when we come up there and take over your property here soon!

Not to flaunt our spa, but you can see a better perspective if you look real hard in the upper left-hand corner of another view.

Mike: Start thinkin' of the bunker, baby!!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2005, 07:10 PM   #2

Instead of hijacking hallet's thread, maybe it's a good idea to start a new one...

Here's where our TH lives when it's resting (which isn't much time lately!). Plenty of juice (50a) and water to feed it while it's re-cooping. And it's got lighting built inside the block around it for those dark nights (looks kinda like a runway when we come home at night and have to put it to bed).

high desert...here's some ideas for 'ya when we come up there and take over your property here soon!

Not to flaunt our spa, but you can see a better perspective if you look real hard in the upper left-hand corner of another view.

Mike: Start thinkin' of the bunker, baby!!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #3

Sean,

Your parking lot is Shania AWESOME!!! So whens the party??? If I can figure how to put a picture in my post, I will try to get a shot of mine in there. My avatar is of the trailer in it's parking spot, 30A with H2O and cable, room for the boat along side and the quads behind. Hope to put a covered roof over it sometime also.

It's just nice to have the rig at home for whatever.. will be used by my daughter and sil next weekend as they are coming down from Missoula to visit us.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:37 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Wow !
not only full length parking, with 50 amp service, lighted runway, no doubt you've tapped into the sewer line,
but you also have a loading dock !!
There just are some guys destined to wear white gloves in their life ol' buddy. (ehhh, you aint one of them, but a real HECK of a nice job on that house !! )

Nice spread too, by the way. And that was a nice touch, turning on the jacuuzzi for the pic. If you had put a can of Bud on that little table, i'd be talking to you on my car phone right now.

This is the flattest spot on my property. If i park my truck on it facing downhill even with the e-brake on and in Park, it will slide down, very slowly, but it will slide down. I've come out in the morning and seen a pair of rubber tire track marks coming from my rear tires going down about 5-10 feet to where my truck is now sitting.
But this is just getting silly. I mean afterall, what good is a civil engineer if i can't get one to come on out with a sliderule and a few retaining blocks and do something ehhh?? On my list.

Good thread Sean
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:50 PM   #5

Clark:

I've done both in my past...trailer in a foster home, and now this...I promised it I would never put it in a foster home again!! And yes- it does come pretty handy around holidays...too bad the appraiser won't add it's value into the home!

That picture in a post thing is preeeetty darn tricky. First, you've got to upload it to the Photos area, being sure it isn't over 250k, then right-clicking on it to get the "Properties" window up (be sure to click on the picture until it's as big as it'll go), copy the URL, then paste it into the field for the pic name on the post. This post took me about 15 minutes, and if you don't follow the EXACT detail, you'll be trodgin' back over past trails.

The party is TBD...when everyone thinks it's time, we'll have one! We've got the tunes...and the rest to do it right...here's the rest of our WW's surroundings...

Old 05-17-2005, 07:56 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So whens the party??? If I can figure how to put a picture in my post, I will try to get a shot of mine in there. My avatar is of the trailer in it's parking spot, 30A with H2O and cable, room for the boat along side and the quads behind. Hope to put a covered roof over it sometime also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When IS the party?

And Clark, just load whatever pics you want into the iRV2 photo area, you already have done some pics there (KCK-ASH), and you can then insert a pic into any post you make with that second button from the right (the green one). You will first have to have right clicked on your photo on the webpage where it is loaded, and from its PREFERENCES you will COPY the webpage address. PASTE this address into that prompt from the green button on your posts.
i'm sure after that i've made it so no one will ever understand, but give it a try sometime,
Mike
Old 05-17-2005, 08:04 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

This is the flattest spot on my property. If i park my truck on it facing downhill even with the e-brake on and in Park, it will slide down, very slowly, but it will slide down. I've come out in the morning and seen a pair of rubber tire track marks coming from my rear tires going down about 5-10 feet to where my truck is now sitting.
But this is just getting silly. I mean afterall, what good is a civil engineer if i can't get one to come on out with a sliderule and a few retaining blocks and do something ehhh?? On my list.

Good thread Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAOROF!!! (Hope I got that right!)

Mike: I am looking into my crystal ball and I can see some excavation in your future!! But...not to fret...I'm got the best dirtman you can expect (if you expect the best outta a dirtman!) and he can fix your prob...

BTW...I would bet the flattest spot on your property would be your HOUSE!! 100 bucks say it is!!

No really...there is nothing that can't be overcome...just like an 'rv (Like said before- "clark- that's an rv rite there)...thrown some more greenbacks and your worries will be over!!

And 'Clark'...you're so outta the realm of me being able to quote lines from Christmas Vacation it's not funny! But...c'mon down!! Anytime!

Gawd Mike...you're just a hoot!!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #8

Again...not to flaunt, but just about every week we've got quite a few of our friends over...the only weekends they AREN'T here is when we're rv'n with 'em. This IS Party Central.
No kegs...and always BYOB, but if you guys were to make it, I'd buy the steaks (Mike...remember the Harris Ranch story?).

56, Sandy (and King!), Phatty, Clark, Jay(?), Brianzzz, Marco, high_desert, learnem, and anyone else I forgot, shoot me your best date, and we'll do a weekend! We're in a cul-de-sac, and we've had a whole bunch of rigs before, so give me your bestshot at a date!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #9

Clark!!

You did it!! Mighty fine I might add! Ain't it good knowin' your rig has a good home? I know it's happier (do you see that?!).

Sean
Old 05-17-2005, 08:26 PM   #10

Hey Hey Hey!!! Check it out!!! I figurer out how to post a picture. Thanks for the lessons Mike & Sean.

The area I'm using to park used to be our doughboy pool and surrounding deck. We had it when the kids were small, but now it's an RV parking lot!!!

Yes Sean, "That there's an RV Clark"

Come on folks, lets see some other RV cribs.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:26 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
Wow !
not only full length parking, with 50 amp service, lighted runway, no doubt you've tapped into the sewer line,
but you also have a loading dock !!
Good thread Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike:

I hate to throw this at 'cha, but I was so anxious to get the rest of the side poured, that I forgo'd the sewer! (Call it a blunder if you will...and absolute brain-faaart).

But we do have a receptacle in the driveway, so it's not that big o' deal. Besides...which WW wants to dump the poop where it lives??!!!

Sean
Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 PM   #12

[QUOTE]
Come on folks, lets see some other RV cribs.
[Quote]

Ahhh...beautiful way to put it Clark!! I'll never go back to putten mine in a daycare/nightcare center again!

Mike: I've got my dirtguy standin' by!!

Sean
Old 05-18-2005, 07:28 PM   #13

Wow.......nice campground ya got there Sean. I like....I like. Now I know where to camp in Yucaipa.

Here's a pic of my work in progress. Hopefully it'll be done in time to tuck the new TH in.

It doesn't look like much, but it's getting there.

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:33 PM   #14

i want to see this high desert, i can't see the pic, just a X
right click on the properties of your photo and copy its website address, you will have to load it first at either iRV2 or your own website, and then enter that info with that second button from the right when you are posting
it might take you 5 or 10 minutes, but post that pic at the PHOTO area here first
lets see that desert compound