Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2005, 09:52 AM   #15

Just ordered the Firestone airbags with the air pump. Summit Racing had the best price and no sales tax. Should complement the truck for towing the 5er. I'm pretty much at the end of my budget after buying the truck, the hitch, the 5er, the line-x and the airbags. I know I want to do so some things for the truck but for now its time lay around the house and watch NASCAR. At least until the delivery date!!!!! (I'm not gonna make it)

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Griz
that sounds pretty good actually,
just roll that ice chest of yours up next to the sofa and watch the racing
between the SPEED channel and NASCAR on regular TV, its all i can do sometimes to get up and go flip the burgers

how are those bags? i haven't checked out the Firestones. does a little compressor mount in the engine compartment or to the underneath frame? i'd like to see that operate sometime.

And i remember when i was in my 90 day wait. And then the week it came in, i was running double shifts because the night shift person was on vacation, and i couldn't get over to the dealer for about 5 days even after it came in! i went there that Saturday fully expecting that they had maybe sold it to someone else. But no, they're good guys and were just standing around the lot waiting for me to hook it and head for the road.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #17

Congrats Griz:

You're the first that I've seen to have the hangies to mention NASCAR here...I know they've got a separate forum for it, but never have seen anyone else post outside of it!!

Long live NASCAR! Long live Speed Channel! Long live us and the beer we consume! [clink].

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Long live NASCAR!
Long live Speed Channel!
Long live us,
and the beer we consume! [clink].

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have obviously written the first stanza of "The ToyHauler's Themesong".
Old 05-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #19

FatDog, here are a couble links to look at for the Firestones.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...=KeywordSearch

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/

Sumit is the cheepest I found but the suspenion connection has a good web page layout to get good info on whats avaiable.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 05-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #20

Griz
thanks for the links
did you install yourself? i'd like to know how involved that is
their add on Summit says:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Easy installation (1 to 2 hours)
Will handle loads capacities up to 5000 lbs* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And whats with the 5000 pounds? I know that 5000 (per side? or both sides combined) is more then the pin weight of any trailer, but could be close to the gross combined weight on the rear axle. Maybe they mean 10,000 pounds combined airbag rating?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #21

FatDog,
No I have not installed them. I just ordered them today. But for my Chevy 2500HD according to the install directions (go to Suspensionconnection and view the acrobat install directions) I just take the bump stops off and they mount to the frame using the bump stop holes and then to the bump stop pad on the axle. I opted to get the compressor so I'm sure I can find some space for that. I bought them because I have read a lot of good things about them on RV forums. I like the fact that without the 5er on aired down my truck will retain the stock ride as if they weren't there. The weight rating is 5000# with 100 psi per pair as the example would dictate in the install instructions. I just thought they would be a great complement to the leveling, ride and sway chrematistics of the truck. We shall see!!!

As a general rule, the air helper springs will support approximately 50 lbs. of load for each psi of inflation pressure (per pair). For example, 50 psi of inflation pressure will support a load of 2500 lbs. per pair of air helper springs. FOR BEST RIDE use only enough air pressure in the air helper springs to level the vehicle when viewed from the side (front to rear). This amount will
vary depending on the load, location of load, condition of existing suspension and personal preference.

06 LE 3505
Old 05-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I bought them because I have read a lot of good things about them on RV forums. I like the fact that without the 5er on aired down my truck will retain the stock ride as if they weren't there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they DO have a good reputation. and a lot of people here on this site have them.