Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #15

Jay:

"Wedding Season"! That's hilarious...sorta has a ring like "Hunting Season", doesn't it?

Boy...wish we could make Mammoth this time but can't- you guys have a great time there (and take lots of pics for us, OK?)....

Maybe we can get another trip together late August? Moski should be feeling better after here surgery by then...

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #16

Glad to find this forum. You folks seem to have some fun while exchanging info.

Imagine my suprise to start reading a Mammoth thread and see a photo from last weekend showing the RV a couple of spots from where we were camped!

We spent 9 days at Glass Creek campground and got home a few days ago.

There is riding right out of the campground. It's a nice set up if you like to dry camp. Seems most of our trips are dry camping.

Don't have any pics to share as we haven't gone digital yet.

Burger

2002 F-350 4X4 PSD CC DRW...
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:09 PM   #17

Burger,

Welcome aboard to our little corner of the WWW.

Did you happen to see a red Ford dually cruise thru the campground last Saturday? That was me taking pics and checking it out. Glad to hear that you can ride out of there. I know there are a number of guys going up who were wondering.

Stick around, you will meet the greatest group here, and get a good laugh in every day.

(Just watch out for some guy named Sean)

Again, Welcome

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #18

Welcome to the forum Burger. Great bunch of TH enthusiasts here as you will soon see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just watch out for some guy named Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one Clark.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #19

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Don't recall seeing your dually. As my wife would tell you, my head turns almost as fast to look at trucks as it does to look at blonds.

Clark, were you there for the Mammoth Motocross? We were planning on going further north after a few days at Glass Creek, but never got around to moving on. It was just too nice where we were.

Burger

Old 06-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #20

Burger,

Actually we went there just to hang out. I did'nt know about the MX until we got there. There was a big bunch of them in the CG, all seemed to be a good group, very friendly. We went with two other couples and just drank and ate and drank and drank: did I mention we had a few drinks...

We cruised up to Mono and Virginia Lakes. It was just relaxing to do nothing

I live in Palmdale, where do you live in the high desert?

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #21

It sounds like all of you have quads, any two wheelers out there? Particularly of the Dual Sport variety. We spent a week or so in the Mammoth area a couple of years ago but didn't bring the bikes. Would like to try it out again with them this time but need someone to ride with, quads and bikes don't mix too well.
Naykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #22

Naykid:

First- welcome to iRV2!!!

Second...I'm sure the next group going has plenty of twos going...and I might differ with ya on quads & twos not mixing well...we do it all the time, but usually in two different groups...if you're in a riding group, you'll always have both, so I suggest that you shrug it off and enjoy!!

Sean
Old 06-22-2005, 05:55 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Naykid:
It sounds like all of you have quads, any two wheelers out there? Particularly of the Dual Sport variety. We spent a week or so in the Mammoth area a couple of years ago but didn't bring the bikes. Would like to try it out again with them this time but need someone to ride with, quads and bikes don't mix too well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey.. Naykid... I ride a bike. I dropped my training wheels a long time ago. Actually, I race MX and do a lot of trails too. The truth is, if I got on a quad, I'd probably roll it and kill myself in 2 minutes....

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #24

Clark,

I'm in the Yucca Valley area. Wish I was up by Mammoth right now. We're getting rained on with ash from the Morongo Valley fire.

Guess we went right from mud-slide season, to earthquake season, and now fire season.

Burger

Old 06-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quads and bikes don't mix too well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, Naykid, welcome to the forum. You'll find us to be a jolly bunch.

You should join us sometime and we might change your mind about quads and bikes mixing. We have a great group, mixed quads and bikes, and we have terrific group rides whenever we get together (Dove Springs, Jawbone Canyon, Rasor Road, Forest Hill, Mammoth, just to name a few).

King Salami says: Stay posted!

Weekend Warrior LE3305
King Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #26

Sorry if you think that 2 and 4 wheelers don't mix well, seems to have always work out with any of the groups I ride with, and I'll ride with anyone. Yeah, so anyway...

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:14 PM   #27

Awww...let's give naykid a break...anyway, it's WHO you ride with, not WHAT. I've ridden on all three (no...four), and we all get along just fine!

Sean
Old 06-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #28

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i've switched over the years back to quads while on sand, but i have a handful of street bikes, and i really like the 2 wheels.
Bikes and quads together can be a lot of fun. And someone here earlier today was talking YZ and I'd have to read back and see who that was because i was very close to popping for a YZ426 a couple years ago. It wouldn't take much to go back to a 2 instead of the 4 while out on the dirt. Those YZ's are beautiful machines.

melon,
and we ride with every/anyone too. Sometimes slow and go, and other times we don't come back until we're towing one of the quads and someone has a bandage. But i like going out with my kid or new riders, and just putting along too. Slow and fun. Hey, gives me a chance to perfect looping my quad while horsing around. No problem getting a little sand or dirt on the back of my shirt
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote