Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2005, 07:52 PM   #29

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
i've switched over the years back to quads while on sand, but i have a handful of street bikes, and i really like the 2 wheels.
Bikes and quads together can be a lot of fun. And someone here earlier today was talking YZ and I'd have to read back and see who that was because i was very close to popping for a YZ426 a couple years ago. It wouldn't take much to go back to a 2 instead of the 4 while out on the dirt. Those YZ's are beautiful machines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And fast. Great for the sand as well, if you want to stay on 2 wheels. Something about the power band, not as squirly off the line, but plenty of power to keep up.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2005, 07:57 PM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...anyway, it's WHO you ride with, not WHAT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, you da man!
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #31

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SandyFeet:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...anyway, it's WHO you ride with, not WHAT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, you da man! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:14 PM   #32

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Those YZ's are beautiful machines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just dropped my deposit off today at North County Yamaha for the 06 YZ450F!! 2nd on the list! Now I have something to look forward to in October. The aluminum frame and new motor are soooo sweet. They had a demo there, and we fit like a glove!!

I'll keep my YZ250 for tight tracks, but the Thumper will rock in the desert! I can't wait!

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:18 PM   #33

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just dropped my deposit off today at North County Yamaha for the 06 YZ450F!! 2nd on the list </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
then i'm one model behind i guess, i didn't know they had a 450F. VERY nice.! I will go look, maybe even tommorrow. I work right across the street from "The Fun Bike Center" in Kearny Mesa. I've told everyone at work, if you ever see me walking across the street with what looks like a checkbook in my back pocket, wrestle me to the ground and take it, do not worry about hurting me.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:20 AM   #34

The 450F has been out since 03 (I think) Before that was the 426, and the 400 a couple of years before that one... The 400 started the new 4 stroke revolution back in 98. The 426 was a good bike, and the 450 is almost uncontrollable. In fact, Yamaha tuned DOWN the 05 450F so the power was more usable. The new 06 model isn't out until October though. NCY had a demo model there which will be trashed after the production models come out. It didn't even have a VIN #. I'm not sure if FBC has the demo, so if you get a chance to head up to Escondido, don't miss it. I think the guy said the demo will be there for another 2 weeks or so. It's a totally different motor and frame. They moved the cam around to lower the center of gravity, and the frame is finally aluminum. Retail is $6900 for the 06.

The 450F is a hard hitting, screaming race bike. You will love it, but if you're a casual rider and spend a lot of time on trails, don't look past the 250F. That's an all new bike too and hauls booty... I am 220 lbs and I rode my buddy's 250F. I was impressed. There wasn't a hill I couldn't climb.

Jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:42 PM   #35

melon,
and we ride with every/anyone too. Sometimes slow and go, and other times we don't come back until we're towing one of the quads and someone has a bandage. But i like going out with my kid or new riders, and just putting along too. Slow and fun. Hey, gives me a chance to perfect looping my quad while horsing around. No problem getting a little sand or dirt on the back of my shirt [/QUOTE]

FD,
If anyone ever asks me advice about what quard they should buy, I alway tell them their first quad should be cheap, slow, and already beat up a little. That way you don't feel as bad the first time you wad that thing up in a ditch or witch eye. The honeymoon is alraedy over.
My favorite time riding is with my 21 month year old daughter on a dry lake bad somewhere. She just puts her head down and goes. Before she knows it we're a mile away from camp. She's going to be trouble.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:49 PM   #36

Rod:

I think you have sumpthin there! The other option is to ride some friend's bikes, but funny I should mention that: I've got someone else's EX400 in my garage to repair BECAUSE of that...the good news is Brian's @ Uncle Tony's Honda Shop workin' off the parts bill as a gunk...good work experience (Uncle Tony's workin' his butt off), and we got a week that he's being watched during summer break so we don't have to stay home with him! So beware of that really!

...and Uncle Tony (the Honda Dealer) would wanna see a lid on that kid if she's on a bike (sorry...that' one of our biggest rules!).

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #37

We've got a group trip going to GLASS Creek July 14th through the 18th, everyone welcome.
RV.net Thread
Have never been there myself...would it suitable for a buggy? Or just bikes/quads?

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS https://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote