Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #1

Mark up

Researching the Thunderbolt XLR 422AMP and Heartland Road Warrior 427RW for a friend. I know diesel pushers have between 28-35% markup. Does anyone know what the markup is on these big toy haulers? How big of discount makes a 2018 worth while vs a 2019?

Anyone own one of these units care to share their ownership experience?

Thanks,
Ryan
Flynryan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #2

We have a 375amp and shopped them pretty hard. When looking in may this year went to several dealers- 2018s with paint we got prices in the low to mid 70s (71k on a fully optioned 375 with silver/black paint). Low 60s with the impact gray/decals. I would expect to pay a bit less in August on a 2018. Ended up buying a 2015.

We love the coach. Second owners and FR has been great as I needed some tech support. Thunderbolts/Nitros are manufactured seperately from the other FR lines and have their own support staff. They also sent me a full set of manuals in the T-bolt pouch. Overall build is outstanding. Would not hesitate to buy another but the RW is a quality fiver as well.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhooker View Post
We have a 375amp and shopped them pretty hard. When looking in may this year went to several dealers- 2018s with paint we got prices in the low to mid 70s (71k on a fully optioned 375 with silver/black paint). Low 60s with the impact gray/decals. I would expect to pay a bit less in August on a 2018. Ended up buying a 2015.

We love the coach. Second owners and FR has been great as I needed some tech support. Thunderbolts/Nitros are manufactured seperately from the other FR lines and have their own support staff. They also sent me a full set of manuals in the T-bolt pouch. Overall build is outstanding. Would not hesitate to buy another but the RW is a quality fiver as well.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Looks like the Dutchman Voltage Epic and Grand Design Momentum are being considered now too.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:33 AM   #4

Before we settled on the XLR we looked at the exact same lineup of coaches :-)

You’re going to find them all about equal in build quality and components/options. It’s really just going to come down to which layout and interior they like the best, as well as of course finding a decent dealer to sit down and do business with. I have not dealt with the other factories but having spent more than 70% of the last five years staying in RV parks we have found owners of all the above brands to be 99% happy with their choice. The only downside to the momentum is the pricing. They were the highest price coach ( actual dealer price when trying to make a sale, not MSRP) of all the toy hauler brands, second only to the voltage. Voltage does offer a full body paint option which although we did not get that I would have loved to been able to find something with paint instead of decals. Voltage does offer a full body paint option. The only major flaw I have heard about with the voltage is on the older models they used the Schwintech slide system on their living room slides, and had quite a few problems. They have since switched to hydraulics on their big slide outs to fix that problem but is something to consider if looking at a used model.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:28 PM   #5

The Voltage Epic, Thunderbolt XLR, Road Warrior and Grand Design Momentum all offer full body paint now. Depending on the brand it seems to be between $8k-12k option. Do you know what year they went to the different slides in the Voltage?