Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2006, 05:37 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Mike,

Great to see your post! Our prayers and thoughts go out to you and Cordie. TH or no TH - come on in and post anytime. We've missed you.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Dam Mike! I just clicked over here to lurk and almost swallowed my teeth when I saw that Fat Dog avatar. Welcome back fella. Donna and I offer our prayers for Cordi,Zach,and you. Remember, it was about a year and a half ago I chimed on here about Donna's health and the outpouring of support and prayers from the crowd here means so much to us. These folks are the best. As they say down in Nawlins..."Don't get mobetta!" It's just great to have you back.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:48 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
FatDog welcome back you sure have drawn every friend out that have been quite for some time, we have never met I'am new here its good to meet new friends. Keep posting and prays go out for Cordie and you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
jeese, us shy guys spend our entire life trying to remain inconspicuous,
and again ... Seany, buddy, i can remember prolly every one of our phonecalls, talkin' for 3 minutes and then laughin' for 3, then repeat the above ...
I am going to try to verbalize this once more, the impact on me from having esentially the only fun thing i lived for being put on the back burner indefinitly, I couldn't really see firing up all the bikes and warming up the LE, and waving goodby to the sick lady.
ahhhh ... thats all of that

Clark great talkin' with you earlier,
RV Wizard Mike ... thank so much !

and Rod and Fabulous, ... se we're all in the baby makin' busines again ehh?
That is so cool!!! Little Sammie, that heart throb of a sweatheart, has a brother on the way? I still got that picture of her looking so worried when mommie disappeared from sight for about 2 seconds that day. Cute.

and Rusty, I missed your intuitive posts. I sometimes followed your Tech posts around with my aimless Banter posts. Fun.

Hoverbug, i've wondered about you as well. How's it over there on your side of Oregon? Beautiful pics i remember looking out from your house. and did I see a Class-A in your signature? Do you have something new in your repetoire?

and thanks 007, ... unusual bunch of chaps here ehhh?

now Griz ............. it is with no small amount of fire (twinkle?) in my eye, have I remembered that day i had so successfully outfoxed every guy there and snuck over to work on my tranny. as i lay there in the dirt I remember kinda laughing to myself about how NoOne can outfox ol' FatDog and those guys are probbaly still unaware i am even missing. And then i thought i heard the breeze a little bit on my other side and i look over and there is The Griz, and his hands and knees with a big smile on his face taking my picture working on my FURD. G.D you scared me for a second. You must do some tracking for the Marines. At that point I knew that ford had lost to Chevy for at least one day of bragging rites.
Good to hear from you ol' pal. And you are still over there. Keep safe my friend, America is very proud of you. And us guys don't mind ya much either.

alright, no more of this. Back to regular-Joe mode
[Regular guy mode ON]

no RV until she can accompany me.
but i am not even going to ask if i can pry into your guys threads here, time for Fat to pony up to the bar and at least talk, my good friends

and i have to say howdy to all others, and Tommy-boy, where art though??

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #19

Mike!!!

My families thoughts and prayers are with Cordie, Zach and you my friend.

It's so good to see a post from you. It hasn't been the same without you. Remember.....we aren't "fair weather friends" here at irv2. If there's anything (big or small) that I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

That sure is a nice boat you have.......love it. Where exactly was that picture taken? Looks like a great spot.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where exactly was that picture taken?
Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh...let me take a guess (knowing that Mikey lives down the SD way)...that bridge looks like the Coronado, right?! Hey...dittos on the nice looking boat! Moski's always wanted to get another ski boat, but since my best friend's always had one, we never did it. If we did, I'm pretty darn sure we wouldn't have a TH right now!

Hey Mike...Tom's on an extended vacation right now...he was headin' in our direction, but not going quite this far- camping somewhere in the NM area I think I remember. He's been gone for over a week on what I believe is a 2 week trip. I think if he knew you were online, he'd be stumbling towards a COM-puter as fast as he could!

Hey...I'll be out-of-town this weekend, so you take care- stick around fo a while, OK? There's LOTS of yackin' to do!! (And for Gawd's Sakes...read your PM!).

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #21

Sean,

Thanks for calling me up last night. It was great talking to you. I to will be off the web for the next couple weeks because of my 68th and 69th short trip this year

If I do get a connecion, I'll jump on in to say Howdy...

Mike's picture is in Mission Bay. You still have that old eagle eye there pal.

Have a great weekend. I'll shout when I can.

Clark

P.S. Rob says Hi to you and Moski and Bri...

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:49 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Hey Mike that sure is a good lookin water scooter. Seeing that picture sure makes me yearn for the coast. You've got me itchin to hitch up my vintage '82 Centurion tri-hull and head for the lake. Your eyes were not deceiving you; there was a Tropical class A. A great rig. But this morning I handed over the title to it's new owner. It's good to see you back on the forum. Post often! There will always be a cool cyber long neck to pop. Happy Trails my friend.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike.... good to see ya posting again. Looks like Florida

How come I don't see your boat on your lake?

BTW,

Here is my latest mod......

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #24

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Hi Wes!
yep, Sean was pretty close .. it is Mission Bay, that bridge isn't quite the Coronado, its one of them going over the bay here. And here's an oddity ... i'm docked right there at VacationVillage which just happens to have a little Cantina right there on the bay that boaters can access. Funny how it is that you tend to find those little treasures just when thirst becomes overwhelming - 15 minutes after putting the boat into the water.
A little hula dancer and a little beer in the middle of a afternoon ... and don't even try to guess how they tricked me into wearing that hula skirt and dancing.
And thats a joke, ... (unless of course you've seen the pictures that is.)
And how is your WW working out?? Not only did that thread galvanize many many enthusiasts, but i believe it helped bring the manufacturer to his wits. I almost ask reluctantly if you are now extremely happy with it??

and '56 !!!
you posted my lake! Thats Lake Jennings and you even caught the RV park at the north end of it. Now i can't take my boat there, they have a no wake rule, and with my 496 engine, it makes a wake just sitting in the water, BUT about two blocks to the west of where you cut the picture off is my house. You maybe can't see my boat in the water, but you can prit-neer see me drinking a beer on my front lawn.
And I read up on your dry axle mod/gripe earlier tonite. You don't exactly take the term RETIRE real easily do you?
Have you lost a spare tire to a thief or something?? Is that why you installed a Lock Mechanism?
And i hope to hear that the rest of the SantaCruz Contingent is doing excellent - SandyFeet and King ! and the two young ones that started posting here as well, son and D.I.L. or something like that as i recollect.
You know I thought of Sandy and King the other day because they had a 'Mountain' concert on XM radio. Gotta love L.W.

Seanster, going to read my PM and go buy the little lady an ice-cream. Is it seriously like 110 degrees everywhere in the U.S. right now??
Sean, i know its gotta be warm up there in your neck of the woods.
We are going to yack shortly my friend, after her ice-cream, i pour my draft.

I read thru some of the site here again.
This place is a class act.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:17 PM   #25

FD~
Sweet boat. I have to tell ya, it looks a lot more comfy and cooler out there on the water in that snazzy boat than out in some desert in the WW these days. Poor Rod has yet to get his boy...this here bun seems to be yet another girl! Looks like eventually we will have to try for #3 to see if Rod will ever get his little riding buddy (not that a girl can't hold her own on a quad or anything . Thanks for the great pic of your new "rig."

XOXOXO,
Deb
Old 07-28-2006, 11:00 PM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
Hi Wes!
yep, Sean was pretty close .. it is Mission Bay, that bridge isn't quite the Coronado, its one of them going over the bay here. And here's an oddity ... i'm docked right there at VacationVillage which just happens to have a little Cantina right there on the bay that boaters can access. Funny how it is that you tend to find those little treasures just when thirst becomes overwhelming - 15 minutes after putting the boat into the water.
A little hula dancer and a little beer in the middle of a afternoon ... and don't even try to guess how they tricked me into wearing that hula skirt and dancing.
And thats a joke, ... (unless of course you've seen the pictures that is.)
And how is your WW working out?? Not only did that thread galvanize many many enthusiasts, but i believe it helped bring the manufacturer to his wits. I almost ask reluctantly if you are now extremely happy with it?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's great to see that ol' FatDog sense of humor again.....LMAO

Yes, I am very happy with the TH now. It's been almost a year since we took delivery and we haven't looked back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...they have a no wake rule, and with my 496 engine, it makes a wake just sitting in the water... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice.... Shotgun

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:18 PM   #27

and '56 !!!
you posted my lake!

...Now i can't take my boat there, they have a no wake rule... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Mikey Mikey Mikey...first of all, I didn't know you had you own lake...and who's to say you can't change the your rules?!

...and...how come it's not called Lake Malone?!

You turkey! You sure happened to get everyone frothing at the mouth for your wit...it sure has been a long time! I can't believe Sandy hasn't been over yet...HOWIE...go wake 'er up!!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Mikey, Mikey, Mikey,

Wow! You can't believe how happy I am to see your post. Don't you ever go away like this again!!! I'm so sorry to hear about Cordie, I really hope it all works out for you.

Sean was almost right, I'm on the road for another week, that makes three all total but got lucky here in Albuquerque and had wifi. we are on our way back and expect to be back home next Sunday night if we don't get caught in a flood before we get out of New Mexico. We've been enjoying nice cold temps down in the 30's at night and several days its been only in the 60-70's during the day, been doing a lot of wheeling with the old jeep, kind of a mud ball right now, have to sweep the trailer every time it goes back out.
Boy is it good to hear from you. I hope, no, there's no hope to it, you keep your nose in here from now on, thats an order! I'll get off for now but will catch you next week.

By the way, that is one fine looking boat, not to mention a fine big block Chevy motor.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote