Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #1

Actually, it is re badged to an All Canadian Sport up here. Anybody have any problems with these units? Mine will be here in 2 weeks. It's a 385RLTS. I have orderd all the options including heated tanks ect. I am selling my Alpinlite and getting this unit. I probbably use my unit a little rougher than most. I use it for work in the bush in Northern BC. I am an oilfield consultant, and live in my trailer on locations. My Alpinlite did OK to -30*c with some mods. With the Sport I will add a 2nd furnace, inclose and insulate all the tanks and run heat tape on all lines. I will use the garage to get my quad out there, then it will become my office/mud room. How do you think this unit will hold up? I am pluged into a 20,000 watt generator (30 amp) out there all the time. I have water hauled into the lease 2 times a week, and vacume trucks come out to take away black/grey water. I work up ther 30 days in and 14 days out. When on days off I plan on doing lots of quading and riding my Harley. The wife and I both have quds and both have Harleys. Anybody think of any other mods I should do to this trailer? Any comment's on how you think it will hold up?
Cheers
Bear
2000 Volvo 660 425hp 1550ft/lbs torque, 15 speed. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS (40'10") triple slide 5'er, Trailair pinbox, Onan 5500 Marquis Platnum, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, 2003 Harley Davidson Road King. 3 Polaris Sportsman quads, 94
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #2

Actually, it is re badged to an All Canadian Sport up here. Anybody have any problems with these units? Mine will be here in 2 weeks. It's a 385RLTS. I have orderd all the options including heated tanks ect. I am selling my Alpinlite and getting this unit. I probbably use my unit a little rougher than most. I use it for work in the bush in Northern BC. I am an oilfield consultant, and live in my trailer on locations. My Alpinlite did OK to -30*c with some mods. With the Sport I will add a 2nd furnace, inclose and insulate all the tanks and run heat tape on all lines. I will use the garage to get my quad out there, then it will become my office/mud room. How do you think this unit will hold up? I am pluged into a 20,000 watt generator (30 amp) out there all the time. I have water hauled into the lease 2 times a week, and vacume trucks come out to take away black/grey water. I work up ther 30 days in and 14 days out. When on days off I plan on doing lots of quading and riding my Harley. The wife and I both have quds and both have Harleys. Anybody think of any other mods I should do to this trailer? Any comment's on how you think it will hold up?
Cheers
Bear
2000 Volvo 660 425hp 1550ft/lbs torque, 15 speed. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS (40'10") triple slide 5'er, Trailair pinbox, Onan 5500 Marquis Platnum, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, 2003 Harley Davidson Road King. 3 Polaris Sportsman quads, 94
Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #3

Bearman:

I've got my best friend that has an All American Sport (don't know the model number, but he's got the separate garage, slide in the living room, and it's a 38 footer). Couple of things: he's had some issues, mainly with the shower enclosure darn near falling out of the coach (they attached the side walls to the 1/8" walls), the slide hangs up almost every time he's used it, and the bichone work light in the garage was mounted to the 1/8" wallboard also. After 2 years, the graphics have to be replaced on the west side as he parks it.

Now that I've said all of that, he has been extremely satisfied with the service- in fact, within the next few weeks, they're coming out to his house to replace the graphics. They're also fixed all his woes beyond his satisfaction- which we all know things are going to happen- it's just how the MFR takes care of ya after the salesman has closed his mouth.

Good luck!! And for gawd's sake...keep warm!!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #4

Bearman,
Any pipefitter/welders up there ? Whats the work situation like ?
Phil
RidgeTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RidgeTop:
Bearman,
Any pipefitter/welders up there ? Whats the work situation like ?
Phil </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is so much work up there it is scary. In my 25 years in the oilpatch I have never seen it that busy. If you want work, that is the place to be, they are paying kids right out of high school $25/hr. I am working just north of Fort St. John off the Alaska Highway. I am working for EnCana on the completions side, but the pipeliners are always looking for welders.
Cheers
Bear
Old 12-10-2005, 07:45 PM   #6

We have had ours for about 2 months, so far no major problems, just some little PIA problems.
I had to relocate the sewer hose holder from the underneath the back of the trailer (couldn't reach it without crawling under the trailer) to the front.
We had some problems with slow flow when draining gray and black tanks then on our last trip when draining a 3" round piece of wood came out of the hose. It seems to be flowing better but I think there are some more pieces in there.
I had to relocate the water pump from a flimsy sidewall to the sturdy floor so it would stop shaking the walls when running.
I am still working on moving the flat panel TV from the garage into the bedroom, we did not have much use for it the garage.
I would have liked getting the dealer to fix all these problems but they would have taken three times as long and still not fixed the problem.
Its not all bad though, we really enjoy all the room with the triple slides, we have not had any problems with any major pieces, we really like the look and layout, and did I mention the room.

Lloyd

'99 Ford PSD 4x4 Crewcab
lrantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #7

Thanks Lloyd, that is an exelent reply. It just added a few items to my PDI list. It should be here next Friday. How does it pull behind your Ford? have you been on any longer trips with it?
Cheers
Bear
Old 12-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #8

Bearman:

Just noticed your sig saying "coming soon a Volvo 610 Conversion... are you lurking on This HDT site? Good stuff and good people...

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Bearman:

Just noticed your sig saying "coming soon a Volvo 610 Conversion... are you lurking on This HDT site? Good stuff and good people...

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, actually I have a couple of hundred posts over there, but haven't posted in a long time, since the war between HDT and MDT. I should change my sig, I actually had a Volvo, I just sold it and bought a 2000 Kenworth T2000 that was already converted and a WAY nicer rig than the Volvo. The Volvo could have been a great rig, I just diden't have the time to do the work. And besides, the T2000 had an auto shift, the Vovo had a 13 speed, and I have gotten lazy. I still use my chev for pulling the trailer around at work, the T2000 woulden't be very handy for that out in the bush, besides I need my pickup out there, but for playing and long trips, it's the KW all the way.
Cheers
Bear

On edit: Sig is now changed, I just need to put up a new avitar, that one was 2 trailers ago.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #10

So far the longest trip has been about 200 miles for a race in the southern part of NM.
It pulls really nice behind the Ford, but I do feel the need for a dually Towboss very soon.
I have plenty of power but would feel more secure with dual wheels.

Lloyd

'99 Ford PSD 4x4 Crewcab
lrantan is offline   Reply With Quote