Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:43 AM   #15

These are awesome for folks with bigger toys or people who don't want muddy toys in their trailer. I would look at these for sure if I was still a Jeeper.
mwachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2021, 09:36 AM   #16

yes , little sahara sand dunes in waynoka oklahoma. good time over all. not as much fun as st anthony sand dunes in st anthony idaho. theres also a place called beaver dunes or something like that in oklahoma. a dune in syracuse kansas also.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwachel View Post
These are awesome for folks with bigger toys or people who don't want muddy toys in their trailer. I would look at these for sure if I was still a Jeeper.
interesting idea, not one i had considered but i can see it.

I myself, as well as others i have spoke with, purchased these for something with the least amount of wind drag. after 9 years of hauling the 34' wolf pack fiver around, always in the wind, i decided i wanted something quick and easy. loads easy, 5100 lbs empty, 6400 lb cargo capacity, only 11' tall to the ac unit and only 12' of camper wall. i set the cruise at 75 to 78 mph and enjoy the ride lol now if have drove into 45 mph gusting winds. you do feel them but they don't affect this type of toyhauler like they do a 34' fifthwheel. it was an adjustment for sure. the bedroom and bathroom were one on the upper deck in the fiver. combine the bedroom and bathroom were 12' long..... the entire camper on the overnighter is 12' long that's why i say there not for everyone
Old 03-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
I had no idea that there are rideable sand dunes in OK. I just looked it up, do you mean Little Sahara State Park? I may have to stop by there on one of my trips between AZ and Nebraska. I suppose summer is not a great time for that because of the heat?

https://youtu.be/LHEkCK0hcoc
Old 03-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrace View Post
interesting idea, not one i had considered but i can see it.

I myself, as well as others i have spoke with, purchased these for something with the least amount of wind drag. after 9 years of hauling the 34' wolf pack fiver around, always in the wind, i decided i wanted something quick and easy. loads easy, 5100 lbs empty, 6400 lb cargo capacity, only 11' tall to the ac unit and only 12' of camper wall. i set the cruise at 75 to 78 mph and enjoy the ride lol now if have drove into 45 mph gusting winds. you do feel them but they don't affect this type of toyhauler like they do a 34' fifthwheel. it was an adjustment for sure. the bedroom and bathroom were one on the upper deck in the fiver. combine the bedroom and bathroom were 12' long..... the entire camper on the overnighter is 12' long that's why i say there not for everyone

i really should've proof read that response before submitting it!

what i meant by 45 mph winds was, where you do feel them they aren't bad at all.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:15 PM   #20

We drove from San Diego to ride St. Anthony sand dunes. Met some friends from AZ there. We got sidetracked and ended up in Yellowstone ��

Very interesting trailer you have there. I had see one or two like that locally but believe they were homebuilt as they still had the wheel well arches.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:30 AM   #21

yellowstone is a great place to visit. st anthony sand dunes are fantastic! i personally have only been there for two 1 week trips now. i will be going again, maybe this aug and i would go more often if it wasnt 15 hrs away. thats a 9 day round trip for myself as i just cannot drive 15 to 16 hrs straight thru anymore.... getting old i guess. yellow stone is a great fed park and jacksonhole wyoming is another great spot to visit.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:01 PM   #22

Old 05-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #23