Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2023, 01:31 PM   #1

Question New tires on the toy hauler, opinions wanted

It is time to replace the Goodyear endurance tires on our 2010 KZMXT 300 toy hauler. This is my second set of these tires and they have done great with no problems. Any reason to not go the same route this time or is there something better out there?

Thanks
mt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2023, 02:05 PM   #2

"if it aint broke why fix it"

GY Endurance are good tires
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 09:27 PM   #3

We see running GY Endurance on our Momentum too and are very happy with them.

Sent from my SM-N981U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:37 AM   #4

I am getting 4 new Goodyear endurance tire installed tomorrow, thanks for the replies.
mt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 05:42 AM   #5

Just ordered a set of these as well, the camper has an older version of the goodyears now and are in great shape, but at almost 10 years old.... not gonna risk it with some longer road trips planned. Still.... 5 tires for $1,200 bucks.... ouch.
ToMang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 08:49 PM   #6

3rd season on our Goodyear Endurance tires and are pleased with them.

Sent from my SM-N981U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 07:21 AM   #7

In June of '22 I purchased 5 GYE tires and new wheels for the TH listed in the signature. I was replacing Hi-Runs that looked almost new chiefly because I wanted a "higher quality" tire for a lower worry factor. Third week of July last year towed to Yellowstone at Madison camp ground and returned home. At most 1200 miles towing. Parked in drive way 'til early this month. Checked tire pressures. they were in low 70s upper 60s. Topped 'em up to 80lbs in all 4. First stop at Lower Wind River Campground I found a small bulge on the side wall of right rear tire. Continued on with careful watching. Six nights at Gros Ventre and three at spread creek the bulge didn't change. On the way home at a grocery stop in Pinedale I picked up a nail in the left rear. Put on my new GYE spare and continued on to Lander where I had the flat repaired the next day. Found a bulge in the sidewall of the repaired tire and discussed this with the tire shop manager. His opinion was this was a defect in manufacturing and should be taken up with where I purchased the tires. I have yet to do that but will update. Bottom line...2 out of 5 new GYEs with problems! I haven't lost faith in them yet but that may change pending how warranty is handled!
rrsutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 05:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsutherland View Post
In June of '22 I purchased 5 GYE tires and new wheels for the TH listed in the signature. I was replacing Hi-Runs that looked almost new chiefly because I wanted a "higher quality" tire for a lower worry factor. Third week of July last year towed to Yellowstone at Madison camp ground and returned home. At most 1200 miles towing. Parked in drive way 'til early this month. Checked tire pressures. they were in low 70s upper 60s. Topped 'em up to 80lbs in all 4. First stop at Lower Wind River Campground I found a small bulge on the side wall of right rear tire. Continued on with careful watching. Six nights at Gros Ventre and three at spread creek the bulge didn't change. On the way home at a grocery stop in Pinedale I picked up a nail in the left rear. Put on my new GYE spare and continued on to Lander where I had the flat repaired the next day. Found a bulge in the sidewall of the repaired tire and discussed this with the tire shop manager. His opinion was this was a defect in manufacturing and should be taken up with where I purchased the tires. I have yet to do that but will update. Bottom line...2 out of 5 new GYEs with problems! I haven't lost faith in them yet but that may change pending how warranty is handled!
Well...I hate to hear that.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230701_115901.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	396855Click image for larger version

Name:	20230701_115712.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	396856
ToMang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #9

update GYE sidewall bulge

Good news regarding my last post about the sidewall bulging on 2 of 5 almost new GYE tires on my TH.
I had purchased these from Discount Tire online in April of last year as my closest S/B dealer was 85 miles away. They were shipped promptly and the date codes were all less than 2 or 3 months old. I thought at most I would recover 50% of the tires value because it had been more than a year since purchase but boy was I wrong! I called the # on my shipping receipt and talked with a representative who listened to my problem and noted I had a "certificate" for refund or replacement on each tire purchased at $15 per each tire. They are replacing the 2 tires at $18 each and shipping to my home in a couple of days. No inspection needed. So. Happy Camper but forever a pragmatist I'll see how these work out! Have a great season everyone and be safe out there
rrsutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:41 PM   #10

I just installed 14 ply, 110 psi Hercules 901’s. They look commercial and are very heavy duty. So far, they are working great

Tags
tire, tires, toy hauler