Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now Clark....PICS!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Clark ?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #16

OK OK OK!!!

Man I've been working on the truck today, had to install my hitch and plug and most importantly the XM radio. And doing it in 101 degree heat and 95% humidity. What a day!!!!

First off, I really miss red, we covered a lot of miles together. That said, this new truck is purely awesome so far. I have exactly 200 miles on it. Freeway driving, like Sean said, far quieter than the old truck, at 65 I feel like I'm in a gasser. 60 mph- 2000rpm's same as old red, 70 mph- 2600rpm's. Don't know what it revs to because there is no red line on the tach.

Excelleration- 325hp with 4:30 gears= Halls A$$
Red was quick, but not quite as quick as this. The tranny shifts very smoothly and quickly runs through the gears getting the power down now...

No towing yet, next week I'll hook up because were going to Malibu for a week (I'm driving to work from there)

Specs- F350 CC DRW 4 X 2 172"
6.0 PSD Torqshift Auto
Wedgewood Blue
Medium Flint Cloth
Tow Boss, Tow Command
Heavy Duy Alternator
AM/FM/Cassette/CD Stereo
Adjustable Gas/Brake Pedals
Reverse Sensors
15K Trailer Hitch
6-Way Power Seats

Not near as fancy as Sean's, but way simular to old red in features.

Now for the picts.............

I really like the color, sparkles in the daylight, and YES I got to keep my plates (NO WAY in Haties I was giving them up)

I get to do a real good break in cruise the second week of Aug as I have to drive to Missoula to move daughter and SIL to Lincoln Nebraska where she just got hired to teach 5th grade. OH BOY, can we say ROAD TRIP!!!

So in the day I have had it, I can honestly say so far I'm really impressed with this truck, it feels strong and smooth and QUIET.

BTW, it's fitted with Continental tires-LT 245/75-R17 E's. They look good and solid, not super agressive tread, and seem to handle well. Anyone know about these tires (Are we talking TIRES again!!!!)

I'm at work the next 3 days, so I'll be on and off most of the next 72hrs...

Take care all, I'll post more things about it as soon as I get the chance to pull the condo...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:40 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Clark, Wow Wow Wow! Your tag says it all Kick ***! Love that wedgewood blue. Good morning by the way. It's a beautiful morning here in So. Or and for sure in So. Ca. Stay safe Clark and Hooah! on New Blue.

BTW we pick up our blue later today. Happy Trails!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:39 AM   #18

WOW Clark That's Nice!!! I Sure do like that color also. That trip to Missolul/ Nebraska will be a perfect break in. Happy for ya man!

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:05 AM   #19

Yeah, you're my kinda guy, Clark...you buy a truck that perfectly matches your house! No clashing colors when that baby's parked in the driveway, eh?

I've got a confession to make. Our Duramax is handsdown my favorite truck to date (and we've owned quite a few over the years) but Chevy needs to do something about their color choices. Seems like every other 1500/2500/3500 on the road is the same boring silver color as ours. In my opinion, Chevy doesn't have enough flavors to pick from.

Good luck with your new F350 from me and King Salami. She's a beauty!
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:56 AM   #20

Clark,
Really nice truck! That should make towing that Hotel you call a trailer a little smoother....

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:40 AM   #21

She's a real beauty Clark......I see you have the adjustable pedals. We love that feature on our burb.......Congrats again.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #22

Thanks folks!!! It's always fun to get something new as you ALL should know. Robin is worried that this site is causing us all to spend way too much $$$. You can't take it with you!!!

Drove the truck into work at 4:00AM this morning, what a pleasure to drive. It's almost to quiet though, no motor noise to keep me awake...

Be safe everyone,

Clark

Old 07-25-2005, 04:39 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Clark, I saw the cousin to your new truck in KFalls today. That Wedgewood Blue is sweet.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #24

Err..Clark- Robin may be right! Either that, or this new TH/TV stuff is contagious! What the heck we gonna do when they're back at 3,4,5 years old again?!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:38 PM   #25

Clark,
tell Robin that next we are ALL building RV barns on the sides of our house, complete with full hookups and rinsers on top, yeeee-hawwww!!!!
(Don, i didn't say misters on top, it was rinsers)
Old 07-25-2005, 07:39 PM   #26

I tried that idea already

She told me to go pound nails

Old 07-25-2005, 07:43 PM   #27

Where is that Don anyway...I know where the Fabs are, but Griz seems to be MIA tonight...hummmm!

Hey Mikey...did you hear me on the 2-way tonight about 6:10pm going "<span class="ev_code_GREY">This is your new F350 dually across the street at your friendly Ford dealer....come pick me up, QUICK!</span>

Hummm...the subliminal message didn't say what color it was...
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:43 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...She told me to go pound nails .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
COOL !!!
(do you really put tilt-up concrete walls together with nails?? )

on edit:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...did you hear me on the 2-way tonight about 6:10pm going "This is your new F350 dually across the street at your friendly Ford dealer....come pick me up, QUICK!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, i lose my phone somewhere in my truck more often in a day then I eat,
that would have been funny
<span class="ev_code_GREY">I AM BUYING A DUALLY SOOOOON</span>

Tags
kz-rv