Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2005, 07:32 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Ridgetop, congrats on your new truck! You got me drooling on my keyboard. Send pics. If you go to Klamath across the street from the Camper Corral and just north of the Bear Bridge is the village of Klamath, reservation headquarters. If you visit them they should be able to give info on local trails. Enjoy your trip.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2005, 07:22 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by melon:
WOAH...check out the set on that blue ox!!!

Rod </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Rod (errr...Deb???)..I know your post says "Rod" at the end of it, but please tell me FabDeb took your radar [keyboard] and went underneath it without you knowing...

Hummm....one second thought, she might've only commented on the lumberjack's big feet!

Wow..quite the intro into RidgeTops' new CTD...now all we got to wonder about is when Howie's gonna Photoshop/rob Dave's pic of the lumberjack and/or put the ox in the back of the new truck! Those Dodge/Chrysler guys are always thinkin'!

Gosh darn it Dave...how the heck are ya buddy?!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:20 AM   #17

Sorry Phil, if I had checked this earlier I would have chimed in. This area you're talking about is my HOME TOWN baby! And yes, the ox really does have huge nutz, you can stand right under them. I grew up in a little town called Trinidad, an hour South of Crescent City.

Crescent City does have some great coastal scenery, but the town itself is 5 miles from Pelican Bay Penitentiary and is full of meth-freaks, I would avoid staying the night there. Good for a day trip, good surf, maybe lunch or dinner, that's it.

Jedidiah Smith State Park, however, is just inland from Crescent City, on highway 199, and is awesome. Right on the Smith River. If you kayak there is a 13 mile class-3 on the South Fork Smith that is incredible.

As far as moto riding, you're prety much out of luck my friend. When I was a kid we rode all over the place, but it was on timber company land...PRIVATE PROPERTY. The rest of it is all national forest, and tree huggers abound up there, so I think riding is not allowed.

You can find places to ride, but not LEGALLY.

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS https://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:54 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And yes, the ox really does have huge nutz, you can stand right under them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the reason you would do this, Phatty? Judging by the notoriety of the landmark, wouldn't you be afraid someone would have a camera?! Hey look Mildred...some guys got the bull's nutz on his head- can you imagine that! quick...get the camera- the guys at the Elks Lodge are going to love that!

You keeellll me Phatty!!!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:32 PM   #19

Right on Phatty,
Seems alot like where we live up here. I'm sure I'd have alot of fun on my KTM dual sport but I might be a little nervous with my wife on her TTR 125. IMO Northern Cali has got to be one of the coolest most beutiful places on earth. Too bad the only way your allowed to enjoy these places is in a pair of Birkenstocks inbetween the 3 Toed Salamander and Fire Bellied Frog breeding seasons. Lets all join the The Blue Ribbon Coalition, Tread Lightly, pack our trash, and take back our native land.
Phil and Erin
RidgeTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:59 AM   #20

Matter of fact, you're not even allowed to Mountain-Bike through most of the redwood grove preserves, like Rockefeller Forest, Founders Grove, Prairie Creek, Fern Canyon, and the like. But that is the most fun. When I was a youngin we biked through all those places.

It can be pouring rain out, and you will barely get wet under the redwood canopy while you ride. There's an occasional bull elk standing in the trail, babbling brooks, ferns, hardly any people, all under 200 foot old growth redwood trees. Total, trippy, tranquillity baby.

At least that's what I heard. If you're into that sort of thing.

That was around the same time in my life when we would pull over on our way home from morning surf to see who could hold themselves off the ground longest by clinging to Babe's Big Blue Nutz.

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS https://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote

« How is yours | GPS »