Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2005, 05:43 PM   #1

Now I can yak while on the road too. Momma got me a laptop for Christmas!!! I am writing to you all wireless to day!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2005, 05:43 PM   #2

Now I can yak while on the road too. Momma got me a laptop for Christmas!!! I am writing to you all wireless to day!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #3

Happy New Year and Congratulations on your new toy!!

So how exactly are you pulling this off? With your wireless/cell phone? What kinds of "stuff" do you need to pull that off?

I go camping/riding with my hubby and son often, but I don't ride, so I'm pretty bored back at camp, so...I need to figure out how I can surf the web too!

Sooze
Old 01-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #4

connect to this link and then use your cell phone . You will need a blue tooth capable phone though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bluetooth-Dongle-USB-Adapter-330-Ft...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this help Sooze.

Happy new year
Old 01-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #5

fire rooster:

Just what kinda baud rate do you get with bluetooth and your cell?
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:32 AM   #6

WW,

Not quite sure what you are asking? Are you referring to my monthly bill? If you are I do not know as I haven't got it yet. But I do have free internet on it after 9 pm.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Using your phone is OK, but for better reception and speeds, you should consider a air card, I use a sprint card at work and travel over aver town with no problems. Several folks on IRV2 use them all around the country.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:06 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fire rooster:
WW,

Not quite sure what you are asking? Are you referring to my monthly bill? If you are I do not know as I haven't got it yet. But I do have free internet on it after 9 pm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No...I was just wondering about speed...I've got old Nextel phones, but their buad rate is only like 9600...terrible for trying to I/O any data. Sounds like Jim's got the solution!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:29 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kablewizard:
Using your phone is OK, but for better reception and speeds, you should consider a air card, I use a sprint card at work and travel over aver town with no problems. Several folks on IRV2 use them all around the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a "Verizon" air card in the company lap top we use when traveling. Works well. So far have only ran into no service available in one place. (Fort Pickens state park in FL)

Have been in the middle of nowhere (I thought) and it worked.

But whatever way you are able to connect is NICE on the road.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:58 AM   #10

How much and where do you get the verizon air card? I have a verizon phone so I wonder if I get a group discount or something. The phone and blue tooth is ok but yeah the air card sounds better. Does it just connect to the laptop? Is it a slow connection or faster like broadband?
Old 01-07-2006, 05:32 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kablewizard:
Using your phone is OK, but for better reception and speeds, you should consider a air card, I use a sprint card at work and travel over aver town with no problems. Several folks on IRV2 use them all around the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, I use a Sprint EV-DO card that averages 625k transfer rate that is twice as fast as DSL(avg 300k) or cable (avg 400k). The downside is cost, my plan is unlimited access for $79 month. But like Fire roster said, I am always in touch with the the forums

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote