Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
I'm not sure when you last looked at truck campers. We are getting this one:

Host Industries - Mammoth

Work and Play, Millennium, InTech and Feather Lite all make car haulers with living quarters. Typically you can decide if you want a dividing wall or open floor plan when creating your layout. My preference is for the lower draft goose necks which are easier to tow and typically more stout than residential style toy haulers.
Wow, its amazing how much room a truck camper can have.I will give it car haulers a closer look. Thank you!
outabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
LOL. We have a 2013 KZ Inferno 4005T 44 ft, the predecessor of Venom. We nickname it "Beluga" and it is for sale now. We definitely want something smaller, more maneuverable, but able to hauler more toys
Old 01-07-2017, 05:10 AM   #17

Voltage Triton series, I just got a 2951. Way better than the POS Stryker I had.

So Cruiser told you a generator would add 3-400 lbs to the tongue. I would ask them how when it only weighs 150# should be a good clue as to their expertise...BS department
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
Voltage Triton series, I just got a 2951. Way better than the POS Stryker I had.

So Cruiser told you a generator would add 3-400 lbs to the tongue. I would ask them how when it only weighs 150# should be a good clue as to their expertise...BS department
That is a very nice unit. My hubby HAS to have 2 windows in the bedroom for air circulation. We are picky, LOL.

Did you get rid of your Stryker? I followed your story, what a terrible experience!
Old 01-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by outabout View Post
Wow, its amazing how much room a truck camper can have.I will give it car haulers a closer look. Thank you!

We went to an event show last fall and I was surprised by the Lance 3 slide truck camper.
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #20

I will say I live my dads Cyclone 3611JS that he traded in his Stryker for. I just couldn't use it because I too need room for 2 toys. It has a slide out in a slide out that really gives it a ton of living area which is one of the things I dislike most about most garage models.

I have a WnP 30fbw. No slides and fairly spartan in comparison. However it is very roomy, handles 2 RZR without any sway issues, and I can fit my 68 Barracuda in it!
Old 01-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #21

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170107_151649.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	148537
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160725_175330.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	148538
Old 01-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #22

Quote:
That is a very nice unit. My hubby HAS to have 2 windows in the bedroom for air circulation. We are picky, LOL.

Did you get rid of your Stryker? I followed your story, what a terrible experience!
Yes...it is gone. Traded around xmas. Best money I ever lost
Old 01-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
Wow, that Cyclone has a slide on slide? I have never seen that before. The car hauler models, like Work and Play, are just a little too Spartan for me.

I went to the RV show today in Denver, looked at the Stryker 2912 and new 2916, met up with a Cruiser RV rep. I asked why the specs numbers are different between sometime ago and now on their website, he said some CA laws only permitted them to say that GVWR under 10,000, so they listed it as 9,990. But now they were acquired by Thor these laws no longer apply, so now GVWR is 12,800 on their website. I asked again about light tongue weight, he said that they were aware some problems in the past, but they have since redesigned it by moving the axles position. He didn't mention the generator weight. I should have grilled him more on the details, but there were so many people, he was swamped.

The new 2916 model has a large slide, but the generator is back in the front, so the underbelly storage is no longer pull through. I like it that generator is away from living space, but non pull through storage is a deal breaker
Old 01-08-2017, 06:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Wow, that Cyclone has a slide on slide? I have never seen that before. The car hauler models, like Work and Play, are just a little too Spartan for me.

I went to the RV show today in Denver, looked at the Stryker 2912 and new 2916, met up with a Cruiser RV rep. I asked why the specs numbers are different between sometime ago and now on their website, he said some CA laws only permitted them to say that GVWR under 10,000, so they listed it as 9,990. But now they were acquired by Thor these laws no longer apply, so now GVWR is 12,800 on their website. I asked again about light tongue weight, he said that they were aware some problems in the past, but they have since redesigned it by moving the axles position. He didn't mention the generator weight. I should have grilled him more on the details, but there were so many people, he was swamped.

The new 2916 model has a large slide, but the generator is back in the front, so the underbelly storage is no longer pull through. I like it that generator is away from living space, but non pull through storage is a deal breaker

My wife and I really liked the Stryker. Unfortunately I got one built on hangover Monday and it was one of the first to roll off the line in 2014. How it got titled as a 2016 is beyond me.

Unfortunately for Cruiser RV...they lost my support.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #25

Quote:
YEAH MAN! That's why I like it! All the garage models seem like the living area is so cramped despite being 44'. This one gets the couch out of the way and the Entertainment center isn't at an odd angle from where you sit.

Quote:

I like the floor plan of the 2916 but understand about the pass through. My WnP is spartan as heck. But we don't spent a whole lot of time inside it unless we are sleeping. We did have a rain day and we put up the bed and the girls (7,4) were able to ride the littlest ones bike inside. Lol.

Take a look at that cyclone 3418. Open floor plan, 2 small slides. 38'. I know it seems like too much over your 35' cutoff but it would actually be shorter hooked up than a Stryker 2912 as those are something like 34' hitch to bumper.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Feather Lite and InTech have higher end interiors and living quarter slide outs. Work and Play is relatively spartan and Millennium can be upgraded more. Look at the some of the Horse Haulers with LQ to get an idea of interiors possible in car haulers.

If you like a more western flare, look at this Lakota interior:

Home – Bighorn Horse Trailer | Lakota Horse Trailers – Lakota Trailers
Old 01-08-2017, 11:29 AM   #27

Sundowner makes a nice rig. Sundowner commercial toyhauler line
Mirage by Balboa

Intech and Featherlight are sweet rigs but very very spendy.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #28

Thank you everyone, lots of great ideas to ponder.