Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2005, 05:43 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
picked up last Wednesday, Two problems so far.

1. fuel station blows 20 amp fuse when the timer is turned on

2. Had a service center install second ac and it seems to load generater down to 95 volts when the compressor turns on. I first discovered that both ac's and micro were wired to the same side of the 30 amp and it kept tripping. service center thinks the new 13.5 has a bad starting cap due to the incorrect breaker placement. I will find out today on the ac.

has anyone's 15k ac froze up on them?

any advice on the fuels station, my guess is the problem must be after the timer. Has anyone ever got a warranty part drop shipped to them?

I ran the generator for 20 hours and no problems.

any input would be appreciated

Steve
connor2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2005, 05:43 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
picked up last Wednesday, Two problems so far.

1. fuel station blows 20 amp fuse when the timer is turned on

2. Had a service center install second ac and it seems to load generater down to 95 volts when the compressor turns on. I first discovered that both ac's and micro were wired to the same side of the 30 amp and it kept tripping. service center thinks the new 13.5 has a bad starting cap due to the incorrect breaker placement. I will find out today on the ac.

has anyone's 15k ac froze up on them?

any advice on the fuels station, my guess is the problem must be after the timer. Has anyone ever got a warranty part drop shipped to them?

I ran the generator for 20 hours and no problems.

any input would be appreciated

Steve
Old 09-07-2005, 06:48 AM   #3

It sounds like the timer is wired wrong or is grounding out somewhere. Check the wiring and see if it's cutting on the frame.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:05 AM   #4

Connor.
Sorry if I missed something along the way here but what did you pick up?
Our fuse popped on the fuel station as well, it was because the insulation on the hot lead got rubbed off by the frame. So follow the wire from the fuel station to the power source and see if that the problem.

Also, we decided to wait on the 2nd A/C to see if the one that comes with it was good enough. Sean (WW Fan) mentioned that you need to go really small on the front A/C because our gen. wouldn't do two big one. I don't know about what you have though.

Rod

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by connor2002:
Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I take mine into the Beaudry RV in Mesa for the same fuel pump issue (no rubbing wires visable). I will let you know what they say...but I would call and get your appointment set ASAP.

AH

2004 Suzuki LT-Z400LE
Aaron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:43 PM   #6

I read in another forum about someone with a bare wire as mentioned above. They said the hole that the timer was installed in was too small and the wire connections were touching the frame. Another said the pump gears were bound in the pump, he took it apart and shaved the gears and now it works fine?
Sounds like a bad batch of pumps?

SAS!

2004.5 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 QC CTD 600
SAS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by melon:
Connor.
Sorry if I missed something along the way here but what did you pick up?
Our fuse popped on the fuel station as well, it was because the insulation on the hot lead got rubbed off by the frame. So follow the wire from the fuel station to the power source and see if that the problem.

Also, we decided to wait on the 2nd A/C to see if the one that comes with it was good enough. Sean (WW Fan) mentioned that you need to go really small on the front A/C because our gen. wouldn't do two big one. I don't know about what you have though.

Rod </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FSC3200 and I installed a 13.5 btu up front
Old 09-07-2005, 10:09 PM   #8

Hey Connor,

I put a 13.5 AC in front....WW had the wiring all jacked up....I wired it correctly on the second circuit of the generator....no problems on my unit....both blow cold....even ran the Microwave with both AC's Running. I have the Onan 5500 Genny.....Don't know what size gen you have but if it is 5500 you can put any a 13.5 or 15K AC in front with no power problems. I only put the 13.5 in front because of price....couldn't see paying 50% more for gettin 10% more cooling....Just my 2 cents.

James

2006 F-350 CC, Diesel, SRW, LB
jab3143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:28 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jab3143:
Hey Connor,

I put a 13.5 AC in front....WW had the wiring all jacked up....I wired it correctly on the second circuit of the generator....no problems on my unit....both blow cold....even ran the Microwave with both AC's Running. I have the Onan 5500 Genny.....Don't know what size gen you have but if it is 5500 you can put any a 13.5 or 15K AC in front with no power problems. I only put the 13.5 in front because of price....couldn't see paying 50% more for gettin 10% more cooling....Just my 2 cents.

James </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5500 onan 15000btu 13500btu
Old 09-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #10

BTW...nice to see ya Jab3143, Conner, and SAS!

My Jeeper GiantRV salesman had a problem with tripping the breaker on his LE3905 that he got with two A/Cs, and WW admitted it was because the second A/C unit they installed was a 15,000btu unit. Now...I've got to figure out if they used the Dometic (since the main one is), and what model it was- there's a whole bunch of really good 13.5btu units out there to use as a second, but it wouldn't do any good if you picked one that was overboard.

If (and when) I get any time to figure this out, I'll post...but but there's got to be someone out there that can enlighten us before that. And I won't rule out some mis-wiring that could cause the problem either...I'm not quite sure that WW's Pedro, Manuel, or Rafael are certified electricians (let alone...awww...I'll leave that one alone for now).
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:32 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
BTW...nice to see ya Jab3143, Conner, and SAS!

My Jeeper GiantRV salesman had a problem with tripping the breaker on his LE3905 that he got with two A/Cs, and WW admitted it was because the second A/C unit they installed was a 15,000btu unit. Now...I've got to figure out if they used the Dometic (since the main one is), and what model it was- there's a whole bunch of really good 13.5btu units out there to use as a second, but it wouldn't do any good if you picked one that was overboard.

If (and when) I get any time to figure this out, I'll post...but but there's got to be someone out there that can enlighten us before that. And I won't rule out some mis-wiring that could cause the problem either...I'm not quite sure that WW's Pedro, Manuel, or Rafael are certified electricians (let alone...awww...I'll leave that one alone for now). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the second unit is a Dual Therm standard @cw, the tech said the high efficency still draws same current @ start-up.