Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #1

Rear bedroom TH

I am looking to FT/Semi FT sometime in the next couple of years so I have been on the hunt for the right 5er.

I have been looking at every toy hauler I can find, mostly online. I started writing down the names of some of the ones that stand out to me.

While the garage and bedroom areas work out great, I HATE the living area in most that I have seen. Almost every one I have seen has the downside of awkwardly placed TV's and seating that faces into your kitchen. I want seating that allows you to look out at all the cool places we will be staying.

This has lead me to mainly focus on the Grand Design 376, due to the amazing living room and I like the dining area and bedroom. The 2 downsides for me are the garage and single entry. The garage is just slightly undersized for what I wold like. With the single entry there is no "dirty/mud room" style entry.

I did see one unit that I would like to know more about had a rear bedroom that was also the garage. I know there would be different issues with it, but I would like to try and find it again. Does anyone know what unit this might be?

Also it seems like almost every unit comes with the Onan 5500 watt generator. Does anyone know if any units come with or can be upgraded to the 7000 watt unit? With a 40' unit with 3 AC's and other power needs, 5500 watts wont cover it.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #2

KZ Venom 4020DQ has rear bedroom
Leftywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftywalker View Post
KZ Venom 4020DQ has rear bedroom
Yup, KZ has 2 models with the rear bedroom, one has the bedroom that moves out of the way to make a bigger garage, one has a solid wall between bedroom and garage.