Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
I know they make there own wall's, but i never really thought about the doors. I didn't know lci made a 5000lb capacity door.
Thats what had me question if it was a lippert. Id be on the phone to luxe in the morning.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2021, 05:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshopes81 View Post
Thats what had me question if it was a lippert. Id be on the phone to luxe in the morning.
Do you know if lci makes a 5000lb capacity door?
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Its not on their website so im going to say probably not. They only list a 3k door.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:57 PM   #32

Quote:
Its not on their website so im going to say probably not. They only list a 3k door.
Few we, well at least I can sleep a little better now, if you can't tell, I really don't care for lci products, but sometimes you don't have a choice. 3000lb is also all I could find in a lci door. I'll have to do some asking, hopefully that's an in-house build
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:20 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsutherland View Post
So, right now I have the ramp door stripped of the OSB and vinyl "flooring". Down to the frame and skin repairing water damaged wood because of failed seals around my ramp door. Is there a difference in the way "patio" decks are made vs ramp doors? Reason I question is 'cause it sounds like some of y'all in this thread sound like you may be open to leaving the "patio" deck down in the rain. Before I put my ramp door back together is there some way to make it more like a "patio"? I plan on using marine grade plywood and sheet vinyl over that with sealant 360 around the edges with well caulked aluminum angle also covering the edges.
You have to keep in mind that your rear ramp door is about what.....12 or 13 years old? Not sure how long mine will last. I have inspected all the edges and seals and plan on doing so every month as part of my routine maintenance. I hope I can keep any water intrusion out of it and make it last a long time.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:40 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
You have to keep in mind that your rear ramp door is about what.....12 or 13 years old? Not sure how long mine will last. I have inspected all the edges and seals and plan on doing so every month as part of my routine maintenance. I hope I can keep any water intrusion out of it and make it last a long time.
Good point. 13 yrs is a good stretch of time. I wonder in that time frame how often a patio awning was used and also was the patio left out all the time like i plan to do when site is long enough or was it folded up every time a big rain was coming. I think those 2 questions might help us solve if 13 years is a good number or not.
13 years would be good imo if door was often opened up and at least had a patio cover mechanism mounted over it
13 years would not be so good if for had to be babysat, imo
Old 03-29-2021, 10:41 AM   #35

Quote:
Check on Challenger doors, they are in Nappanee, Ind. right down the road from all the manufacturers.
Heartland switched from LCI doors to Challenger due to the issues that LCI had in the past.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Good point. 13 yrs is a good stretch of time. I wonder in that time frame how often a patio awning was used and also was the patio left out all the time like i plan to do when site is long enough or was it folded up every time a big rain was coming. I think those 2 questions might help us solve if 13 years is a good number or not.
13 years would be good imo if door was often opened up and at least had a patio cover mechanism mounted over it
13 years would not be so good if for had to be babysat, imo
I know our rear awning does not cover the rear patio 100%. I can not recall ever seeing one that does either, not saying they don't but have not seen one that does cover it 100%. When we get reports of heavy rain I do close the patios to help protect them. I also check/reapply the caulking as needed on them.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:50 PM   #37

Well I did it. Yesterday we did our factory tour and then sat down and put pen to paper. After we got everything all hashed out and our negotiations were basically done, we were a couple grand below our targeted budget, so the very last thing I did was tell them to add the rear awning and lighting on the build for $1200. I was planing on living with out it as it really seamed unnecessary and something well probably never use except to wash the mold off of, but I was under budget from all the discounts i got so I threw the rear patio awning on there at the last second.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:12 PM   #38

Quote:
Well I did it. Yesterday we did our factory tour and then sat down and put pen to paper. After we got everything all hashed out and our negotiations were basically done, we were a couple grand below our targeted budget, so the very last thing I did was tell them to add the rear awning and lighting on the build for $1200. I was planing on living with out it as it really seamed unnecessary and something well probably never use except to wash the mold off of, but I was under budget from all the discounts i got so I threw the rear patio awning on there at the last second.
Good to see you post back on it. I dont know if youre looking at resale value in 10 years or not, or if a patio would even matter in this price range, but i wouldnt even look at a hauler without one. Its one of those things, youll be glad you have it when you want it and youll miss if you didnt have it even if you only use it occasionally. I think it will be money well spent for you.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:15 AM   #39

Quote:
Good to see you post back on it. I dont know if youre looking at resale value in 10 years or not, or if a patio would even matter in this price range, but i wouldnt even look at a hauler without one. Its one of those things, youll be glad you have it when you want it and youll miss if you didnt have it even if you only use it occasionally. I think it will be money well spent for you.
I agree. I mainly choose it for no regrets. We have always been mindful of resale value with everything we have ever purchased but this is the first and only time that we threw caution to the wind and paid no regard to resale. I'm sure with all the standards that I deleated to cut costs, that more than likely hurt resale value, but this is 99.99% more than likely our last forever home, so we just made it the way we wanted for a change and didn't think about resale. That's a rare thing for us. Probably not the most intelligent thing to do but this 48' luxe is probably going to be my $200k pine box so I didn't worry about resale for once

Tags
awning, rear