Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2021, 04:40 AM   #1

Rear ramp/patio support

When I ordered the Raptor I did not include the patio system which included the fence rails, rear awning, support cables, and possibly some other stuff. I did get the 3 season door, HapiJac sofa, and the ramp does have the outside rear adjustable leg supports. I don't have critters, 2 or 4 leg type that need contained and I can manage not to fall off. I didn't anticipate much use of the ramp to be used as a patio and didn't want the expense or weight of those items. When I do use the ramp as a patio, are the 2 outside legs sufficient to support the weight of a couple people sitting out there? Or should I get the cable to help the ramp?

Ramp would be raised/closed at night or when in inclement weather.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2021, 05:24 AM   #2

I would get the support cables to be safe.
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:07 AM   #3

I have a 2018 Raptor. I would get the cable support. We use the rear porch a lot more than we thought we would. Also 90% of the time we use it as a porch we can't use the legs as the ground is hardly ever level enough to use them. when we back up to a campsite that has a view we back up to the end of the pad and the ground below the door is usually heading down hill and we use the cables only.
rblanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Our Road Warrior does NOT have any support legs for the rear patio just the cables. Without the cables being added at the factory is there still the hardware for attaching on the unit installed?
Now our side patio has 1 support leg in the center of the patio at the outer edge with the 2 support cables.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
Our Road Warrior does NOT have any support legs for the rear patio just the cables. Without the cables being added at the factory is there still the hardware for attaching on the unit installed?
Now our side patio has 1 support leg in the center of the patio at the outer edge with the 2 support cables.
Don't know and I'll be gone a couple weeks. Will look at some installed to see how the cable attaches.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 06:25 AM   #6

I have the 2020 raptor 356 with the patio system. I only use the door supports and took the support cables off. To me it was a lot more stable and the cables just got in the way.
Dennis852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:16 AM   #7

I have an older Outlaw toyhauler motorhome that didn't offer the cable supports for a patio. I tend to think that the Outlaw group here in iRV2 sort of invented this feature, which we call the "Don Deck" after the Outlaw owner who first posted his version of it. I can't imagine camping without the deck. Soon after, it was offered as a factory option on new Outlaws. If you install a cable system, make sure to use caulk to water-proof any penetrations of the deck. Here is a link to an Outlaw owner who posted photos of his home-made cable deck system: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/out...ml#post4276203

Tags
rear