Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #1

Just thought I'd let you all know how my first trip in the new 5er went. My wife and I are new to RVing, so we went to Terrible's in Pahrump to break in our new Recon ZX. It's a 36V model, and has all the good stuff. It just so happened that Pahrump had major power outages all weekend, so we got to rough it a little. Also, the temp got down to 10. The trailer did great and was a joy to be in, and my new F350 Tow Boss did great. Having 4.30 gears makes all the difference. Anyone else get a Recon yet or own a previoius version?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #2

Just thought I'd let you all know how my first trip in the new 5er went. My wife and I are new to RVing, so we went to Terrible's in Pahrump to break in our new Recon ZX. It's a 36V model, and has all the good stuff. It just so happened that Pahrump had major power outages all weekend, so we got to rough it a little. Also, the temp got down to 10. The trailer did great and was a joy to be in, and my new F350 Tow Boss did great. Having 4.30 gears makes all the difference. Anyone else get a Recon yet or own a previoius version?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
TowBoss

Welcome to the toyhauler forum and to iRV2 also. Glad you are enjoying your new Recon.

Since this is your first post I'm going to shortcut your post to our new members forum so the rest of iRV2 can welcome you too. Please come back often, especially to our little world here in Toyhauler land.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
TowBoss, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Congratulations on the new Recon. I am sure you will like both it and the forum. You will find we are a group of fun loving RVers that like to help each other where we can. If you have any questions just ask. Good luck and take care.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:48 AM   #5

TowBoss,isn't it great to get that first trip in. I know although you as other rv'ers make the best of every situation that comes their way. Good luck and many safe travels.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:10 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
TowBoss,

Let me add my welcome to iRV2. We're glad to have you join us and look forward to hearing more about your RVing experiences. Having owned 3 Jaycos ourselves, I'm anxious to hear if your ownership experience will be as enjoyable as ours was.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #7

TB!! A man after my own heart (you are a man, aren't cha?! ) ). Gotta love the TowBoss!

First, a hearty welcome to iRV2...may your travels here be as joyful as the real ones, and it sounds like your first one DID!

I have no idea what a Recon is like, but maybe one of these days we can meet up on a group trip (we have a bunch of 'em) and we can get together and trade "secrets". There is a plethora of info to be had here, so be patient and cruise the board...if you have any questions, just holler!

Welcome again!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #8

WW, thanks for the warm invite, and yes, I am a Man! I'd love to do a group trip, so keep me up on where and when, if you can. Being in Southern Nevada, I travel to Southern Cali, Nevada, and Utah. We have quads and love to take them to the moutains. We're doing our first sand trip to Armagosa to see how the toys do. I really look forward to all the great info on this forum.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, even if you are a ford dude, maybe we can get your interest up on a trip to Moab next year. Right WW?

By the way Towboss, you don't happen to know a guy by the name of Mitch around the LV area, do you? That'd be too much.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #10

Welcome to irv2 TowBoss. I'd love to see a few pics of your new rig.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
Welcome to irv2 TowBoss. I'd love to see a few pics of your new rig. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is one..... and click here for more

I think this is it. Hope we see the TowBoss photos

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:51 AM   #12

VR, sorry, but I don't know a Mitch.
Nomad, that's my rig alright. I'm going to try and open a photobucket account so I can post pics on our forum. I'm new to this, so it could be painful ! I think the way to do it is post it online, and copy and paste the url link for the pic into my post?? Let me know if I'm wrong.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:30 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks TowBoss, I knew it was a long shot but I've found some really long ones that pan out around these forums.

As for your pictures, take a look at the threads on this subject. I think the best way to do it is to upload them to our photo area, then you can get the properties off of the larger picture when you enlarge it, then post that url in the image drop down box at the top of the reply screen. The only thing with doing this is you have to wait for the pict to be approved after uploading it before you can do anything. This allows you to post a larger pict, I know webshots will only allow me to post a thumbnail, don't know about photo bucket but there are plenty of instructions in threads at the top of the forums.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #14

Well, here we go. this will be a test pic.