Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #57

Looks like we're gonna hit the road sometime Friday morning...got to change the oil in the KR and clean it up before we get it all dirty. PLUS...gonna load up the Jeep!!!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #58

We have to work and the kids still have school so I and the wife get off at noon but knowing the griwald tribe we will be on the road at 3pm Friday. Just in time for Friday night trafic Can't wait....See you all there

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:16 AM   #59

Weather Update from NOAA Website:

For: 16.3 miles southwest of Baker.
Created: October 26, 2006 07:07:25 PDT

Today: Sunny. Northwest wind 12 mph. High 77.
Tonight: Clear. West wind 10 mph. Low 43.
Friday: Sunny. West wind 12 mph. High 81.
Friday Night: Clear. West wind 12 mph. Low 46.
Saturday: Sunny. West wind 12 mph. High 80.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear. Low 46.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. High 81.
Sunday Night: Mostly clear. Low 50.

It is windy through the Inland Empire today (Santa Ana winds), so be careful!

As far as the Devore (Cajon Pass) Rehab Project:

DEVORE 2 – WEEKEND WORK UPDATE

NO RAPID REHAB WEEKEND WORK FOR OCTOBER 27 TO 29

San Bernardino County – Caltrans continues to make progress on the Devore 2 Pavement Rehabilitation project on Interstate 15 (I-15) near the junction of 15/215 in Devore, just south of the Cajon Pass. There will not be a Rapid Rehab connector closure this weekend - October 27.

Most of the work will continue to be completed at night from 6 pm to 6 am. The next Rapid Rehab weekend work is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of November 3 through 5. Closure B will begin on Friday, November 3, at 9:00 a.m. and continue to Sunday, November 5, at 1:00 p.m. Closure B is as follows:

Friday morning (9 am), November 3 to Sunday afternoon (1 pm), November 5:
Southbound I-15 to southbound I-15 connector closed.
Northbound I-215 to southbound I-15 connector closed.

Detour: Travelers wanting to use northbound I-215 to southbound I-15, may take I-10 west to I-15 north. Southbound I-15 travelers may use southbound I-215 to I-10 west back to I-15.

Beginning last week, the southbound I-15 from Glen Helen Parkway to just south of the Lytle Creek Wash has one lane closed, with three lanes available. This continuous lane restriction will take place through the end of November for guardrail upgrades. Delays have been experienced during the morning commute hours. Please add some extra time to your trip or if possible, alter your work hours to avoid the delays.

Caltrans advises motorists to avoid the construction or travel before or after the work hours. For more information on this project or other Caltrans roadwork, please go to our website at www.caltrans8.info. You may request a Devore 2 brochure or sign up for weekly alerts from the website. If you do not have access to a computer, please call us at (866) 383-4631.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:58 AM   #60

Sean, Where did you get that weather report? I typed weather, Baker Ca in Google and it said "Drunk and Rowdy with large amounts of camaraderie and high likelihood of Sobe Plumes"

Griz HeHe

06 LE 3505
Old 10-30-2006, 07:55 PM   #61

Well Senor Donno:

It was true, wasn't it!!!

What a fantastic trip and even better people to hang out with...it don't get any better than that. Although, I think I'll be paying for this weekend way into the future!

Thanks to everyone for a freakin' great get-together! And especially thanks to the peeps who helped with the DJ lights- it was greatly appreciated. And kudos to Brianzzz for the fireworks...what a great show!

And special thanks to Phatty for getting everyone "off the dime"...we owe ya buddy!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:08 PM   #62

I hate to let a string die...... we just got back yesterday from the desert and I just had to post this photo

Who has the time to count the attendees......

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #63

Welcome back everybody. Glad to see you all safe and sound.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 11-16-2006, 06:18 AM   #64

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
I just love those pictures. It's like circling the wagons in an old western movie. You guys need to tighten up the circle or Geronomo and his boys will get through. Where's the Duke or a Gunny Sgt. when needed??
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote