Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #1

Shortest 5th Wheel Toy Haulers?

Hello,

I'm, new to this forum. My wife and I have been camping and motorcycle riding for over 40 years, and have owned a motor home, and a few travel trailers. Currently we carry our motorcycles in the truck bed when we tow, but are thinking of buying a toy hauler. I searched this forum a bit, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

What are the shortest fifth wheel toy haulers available, new or used? Is there anything available with a 30' length? We will be hauling two, and possibly three street bikes, less than 500 Lb each.

Thanks!
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2022, 08:07 PM   #2

We had a 26 ft KZ. It was built in 09. It was a nice trailer. I should have kept it.

I don’t know if anyone offers anything that short now.

Good luck in your search & let us know what you find.

P.S. have you been looking on RV trader?

Murf
Murf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 09:43 PM   #3

I was looking for the same. I ended up going with the 2019 Vortex 2815V, total outside length is 31’6”. I wanted to be under 34’, and needed enough room for my Polaris Turbo S 4-seater. Fits great with enough room to put my captains chairs in front of it, and room on the sides to get out and stick a couple coolers. Taken it out 4 times in the 5 weeks I’ve had it and it tows like a dream compared to my old bumper pull.
carlstone05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 10:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2 View Post
We had a 26 ft KZ. It was built in 09. It was a nice trailer..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlstone05 View Post
I was looking for the same. I ended up going with the 2019 Vortex 2815V, total outside length is 31’6”...............

Thanks for the comments.

I see that KZ's smallest 5th wheel toy hauler nowadays is 32.5 ft. Unfortunately, it does not have a slide, which is something we want.

The Vortex 2815V is a good alternative. We'll keep it in mind.

Raul
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 03:06 AM   #5

We were toy hauler shopping in February and I like really liked the 335 LRLE Micro Boost fifth wheel.

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/toy-h...t/335LRLE/5737

This was the smallest in that series at 32.5 ft.

The DW vetoed that one and we ended up with a Stryker 3212 - affectionally named "Marge the Large Barge".
cool lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:18 PM   #6

We wanted 30ft or slightly under that didn't have the kitchen blocked when loaded. We also did not want slides because I camp in snowy conditions. It took well over a year of searching from northern Wyoming to south of Phoenix to find what more than one dealership called a "unicorn". This toyhauler is exactly 30ft from front of pinbox to the very back. It fits two Polaris 550 ATVs sideways. It's a 2008 and needed a little work but we're not DIY shy and feel it has good bones. What you're looking for is out there but patience and persistence is key. Best of luck!
rrsutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:29 AM   #7

My 2011 Cyclone 2812 is just under 30’.
Sorry. I do not have a picture of the kitchen area with my atv in the garage. But maybe this will help. In the bottom corner you can see where the rubber mat stops.
I load the atv as far forward as I can. It puts more weight over the axles. Plus I needed to use the garage bed.
Donny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7B219F52-747B-43B7-A1D3-3DC860433C60.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	363587   Click image for larger version

Name:	408C5A06-885E-456C-9FC0-EDE1D0685531.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	363588  

Old 04-27-2022, 02:20 PM   #8

only way that will be possible is with an open floor lan for sure. there is a company in az called dune sport. they custom build. the 2017 wolfpack 275 was very close to the 30' mark but only has a wardrobe slide in the bedroom. i have owned an eclipse brand, i wont buy another. thats my personal opinnion and many others love theirs. so i wonder what rrsutherland bought that is referred to as "the unicorn" ?? sounds like the main theme of the youtube video, dating matrix.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:26 AM   #9

Good morning dsrace! When talking to the sales desk at a dealership in Longmont Co. and explaining that I wanted a toyhauler that would fit both ATVs and be at 30ft or under his remark was that we were looking for a "unicorn". Perhaps he was inferring that our price point was too low. Again, at a dealership in Mesa a sales person threw out almost exactly the same remark. In retrospect we were shopping at a time when there were few used units available. Why their choice of words? I have no idea 'cause we looked at a lot of toyhaulers that met our criteria but few that appeared sound. Curious regarding your problems with Eclipse? We're having a few ourselves but it was a used unit so I certainly expected some but the latest (finding a replacement fresh water tank) is the most expensive so far.
rrsutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsutherland View Post
Good morning dsrace! When talking to the sales desk at a dealership in Longmont Co. and explaining that I wanted a toyhauler that would fit both ATVs and be at 30ft or under his remark was that we were looking for a "unicorn". Perhaps he was inferring that our price point was too low. Again, at a dealership in Mesa a sales person threw out almost exactly the same remark. In retrospect we were shopping at a time when there were few used units available. Why their choice of words? I have no idea 'cause we looked at a lot of toyhaulers that met our criteria but few that appeared sound. Curious regarding your problems with Eclipse? We're having a few ourselves but it was a used unit so I certainly expected some but the latest (finding a replacement fresh water tank) is the most expensive so far.
first off i have to admit i made a mistake when i typed eclipse, i was referring to genesis and was going to say i have not owned an eclipse and might consider that brand. i was curious what model was out there that they were referring to. there are a line of short fifthwheel that were made by livin lite before kz and thor took them down. they are also considered the unicorns as they were built with toys first and camping second. they have the most cargo room compared to most there size and they are far lighter weight. so i didn't know if there was another limited production model as such. i wanted to purchase another wolfpack but a 275 until i found out they discontinued them. i wanted to order new with diff wheels and leveling system.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:01 AM   #11

all campers are nothing more then a box of kindling on wheels. some have stacked the kindling better then others but at there cores, really no diff. i am not saying i would never buy a genesis again , just wont for some time. there designs are great just executed poorly. i really looked hard at the atttitude 2814 fiver before i went with the genesis. i have sincoe sold that and purchased a custom toyhauler from dune sport. i drew the floor plan and chose the options. again, they are no better or worse then any of the others as they use the same lci frames, same dometic fridges as well as other parts and pieces. i think they do a very poor job building there roofs and i actually know mine was finished on a friday lol all will have issues and qc is lacking in all expecially those manufacturing the appliances and other equipment used. my old 2011 was 10x the new models in its core build. i would like to say that i should've kept that one and put some money into it but they all have a life expectancy unlinke cargo trailer with living quarters. i do have to give the new ac units some credit, they are quieter and use less power. maybe not all brands but the 13,500 atwood air command units i now have non ducted, very quiet ( compared to others in the past) and only draw 9 amps after start up. the new 10 cu ft 12volt dometic compressor fridge we optioned in is a night and day diff to the 4 absorption fridges i have had in 4 other toyhaulers going back 20 years. w/o solar these would not be ideal for dry camping but best rv fridge i have personally owned. we ordered this unit with corian counter tops and actual ss large sink and ss res faucet. microwaves, water heater, furnaces etc etc all seem to be mostly unchanged imo. stock mattress's damn sure havent gotten any better lol

Tags
5th wheel, test, toy hauler