Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2018, 10:47 PM   #1

Small garage toy haulers?

Hello I have been looking for a new camper lately and found the outback 240 camper with a single front garage/room. I was curious if there is any other brands or models similar to this? I can’t seem to find any?
Summit151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2018, 04:57 AM   #2

We just bought the Outback 335cg and were wanting to compare with something else but couldn't find any.
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
We just bought the Outback 335cg and were wanting to compare with something else but couldn't find any.

Ya I can not find any other brands that make
Something close to it. How do you like your outback? How well does it pull?
Old 03-19-2018, 06:51 PM   #4

Actually picking it up this week so not sure yet on how it pulls.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Actually picking it up this week so not sure yet on how it pulls.

What tow vehicle do you have? You’ll have to let me know how it tows! I found a used outback 280 but I’m wondering if it would be to long
Old 03-20-2018, 04:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit151 View Post
What tow vehicle do you have? You’ll have to let me know how it tows! I found a used outback 280 but I’m wondering if it would be to long
Have a GMC 2500 diesel to pull. It's a 37' camper with at least 1200lb tongue weight so was over the limit for a 1500.

If you are looking for smaller then the 240URS would work with a 1500.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:41 AM   #7

Is it 37 ft? Online says it is 32.3ft and I have a 3500 gmc 6.0L
Old 03-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Is it 37 ft? Online says it is 32.3ft and I have a 3500 gmc 6.0L

The 335cg is 37'. Don't know what the 280 size is. Maybe that's 32'?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #9

Quote:

Used a Equalizer WD Hitch 1400/14k and I have to say it was effortless to pull down the road. No sway from a light 10-15mph wind, or from 18 wheelers passing me, or me passing them. Felt solid. Set cruise at 70 and the truck purred like a kitten....
Old 03-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Used a Equalizer WD Hitch 1400/14k and I have to say it was effortless to pull down the road. No sway from a light 10-15mph wind, or from 18 wheelers passing me, or me passing them. Felt solid. Set cruise at 70 and the truck purred like a kitten....

That’s good to know ! And I can’t see adding a atv or motorcycle to the front affecting how it tows
Old 03-23-2018, 04:56 AM   #11

Quote:
That’s good to know ! And I can’t see adding a atv or motorcycle to the front affecting how it tows
Actually my garage is in the back. We will see next week.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #12

Well, just so anyone needs to know, the back garage on the Outback 335cg is 102" long. Some dresser bikes may be a couple inches longer making it hard to put them in the back. With the wheel chock I have taking up 2 inches from the front wall, it left just over 99 1/2" for the bike. Width is fine for any dresser.

I'm carrying a Yamaha Super Tenere with bags, which is an Adventure bike and it's fits fine, or should I say tight with the back rack. 1" to spare.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:26 PM   #13

How do you like the camper overall? How well does it pull ?
Old 03-25-2018, 06:38 AM   #14

Quote:
How do you like the camper overall? How well does it pull ?
Pulls fine with no issues.

Coming from a Tiffin Motorhome its a little different on the inside quality. Outside storage is lacking, but again we could bring the house in the Class A.

Compared to other bumper pull campers we've had I'd say it's on par.

Some features I really like is the new entry doors don't free swing, meaning you don't have to worry about them slamming either way due to wind.

TV, Radio, and Fireplace are on 1 remote. Like the fireplace option for heat without having to use propane.

We had a second AC added to the bedroom and 15k ducted upgrade AC for hot summer days. Learned from the Tiffin that having 2 AC's when hot is a big plus. In Arizona last year we were in 100 degree temps and with the 2 AC units we could keep it 80 degrees inside. I'm not betting on this Outback to do the same as it's not insulated as well as the Tiffin, but maybe it won't feel 90+ inside. We won't be back out west this year so we will see what happens here in the South.

This is our second pull behind with outside kitchen. Really like having that as we tend to cook stuff like bacon an sausage outside. Like having the fridge for nights so you don't have to keep going inside for drinks, or bring a cooler.

We added 7 way auto leveling. SCORE... This is great. And I find that it prevents side to side or front to back rocking better than on previous campers.

Bought 2 6V golf cart batteries for the front tray giving us more boondocking time. This unit doesn't have an inverter, but having the better battery capacity does allow for furnace and other items to run thru the night without killing the batteries. We tend to stay at Walmart or other places with no hook ups when on a long trip and just passing thru. Have a generator to recharge if needed or the truck will recharge while driving the next day.

I was shocked to see that Keystone didn't give you storage under the dinette, like EVERY OTHER camper on the market. Not sure what is under there. May do some exploring to see if we can make something work.

Main light switch is in the panel above the TV. Should have been put at entry door.

They have 2 grey tanks, 1 for kitchen, 1 for bathroom. Not sure why they do this. Now you have 2 different dump outlets. If it doubled the capacity that would be fine, but it didn't.

Have an appointment to add Slide Toppers. When I asked about these from the dealer I purchased from, the rep said they were no longer needed as there are 3 different seals to prevent anything from entering the camper. What an idiot. What about sticks, pine cones, other items sitting on top of the slide when you retract. I'm not carrying a ladder, and don't want to get on top of roof before I leave to sweep them clean. Tried to spend more money with them and they didn't want it.

Tags
toy hauler