Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2018, 06:38 AM   #1

Stryker toy hauler

Hello! We sold our Salem 32bh because my wife wanted a few more options and our needs changed a bit. We race Bmx and travel all over Texas Racing. We are looking at Stryker toy haulers, they have the bath and a half as well as a generator. And a nicer finish inside. Any opinions on the cruiser/ Stryker models?
Harv80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #2

we have a 2916 and like it.
SNOKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:20 PM   #3

Pick up the 3513 tomorrow!
Harv80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:22 AM   #4

From k2loud

Hi Harv. I saw your thread regarding the Stryker 3513. I too am looking at one and I’ve posted a thread looking for some info on the cruisers. How is your Stryker working out? Any issues? I am looking into getting one soon, but all the reviews I’ve seen make the quality of service, warranty, and manufacturing llook bad. Please lemme know what you are experiencing.

Thanks k2loud
K2loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:20 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
We have had our Stryker 2916 since last summer. We haul a Harley tri-glide, and 2 11 1/2 foot kayaks in it. It has been a great toy hauler for us and we have not experienced any issues. We toured the factory in the Howe Indiana area. I realize all RV's have some sort of issues at some time, but so far, were extremely happy. Just as a side note, I would suggest you go as big as you can. We started to go with the 2912 but eventually decided on the 2916. It was after we purchased the RV that we discovered kayaking. The 2916 gave us plenty of room so we lucked out. We also went with the party deck and it really works great for us. No regrets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	223082  
newmar2788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #6

Hello all,
We are looking at a 2613, and of course we have the same concerns as anyone ( newbs ) buying a new RV , wondering what will be wrong with it and how the warranty service will be.
Any updates from you'all ??!!
spleeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv80 View Post
Pick up the 3513 tomorrow!
Looking at a 3713 and curious your experience. Build quality, can you keep it cool on hot days, etc.
JeffBanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:48 AM   #8

I have a 3212 and for the most part I am happy with it. The build quality is ok but Cruiser RV backed every submittal we sent it. Repair time and parts were pretty slow but it seems the be that way with every manufacuter these days.

I added an additional A/C unit to try and keep up with the summer days.
24shofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24shofast View Post
I have a 3212 and for the most part I am happy with it. The build quality is ok but Cruiser RV backed every submittal we sent it. Repair time and parts were pretty slow but it seems the be that way with every manufacuter these days.

I assumed more air was required, thanks. We are still looking at them.
JeffBanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24shofast View Post

You mind me asking what’s the cost on adding the extra a/c? I have a different brand with a 10ft rear garage. It has the vents in the garage but no way it stays cool during the summer
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #11

From what I remember it was around $1100 with install and taxes for a 13.5K Dometic unit with the matching digital thermostat that is in the main space. The labor was the killer on it because it isnt a tough job and the wiring for the thermostat was already preran. The only reason I had the dealer do it was incase it had a leak from the roof I could stick the booger on them

In hind site it was soooo worth the money. I should have had it installed from the get go.
24shofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:03 AM   #12

How do you like your Stryker? What problems have you had with it. There seems to be mixed opinions.
bgotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #13

We were looking at the Stryker, the Heartland Torque, Grand Design Momentum and the Jayco Octane. We were extremely disappointed with the quality of the Stryker when we saw one in person. It seemed so cheaply built. We bought a Jayco Octane are happy with it after only 2 months.
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourijan View Post
We were looking at the Stryker, the Heartland Torque, Grand Design Momentum and the Jayco Octane. We were extremely disappointed with the quality of the Stryker when we saw one in person. It seemed so cheaply built. We bought a Jayco Octane are happy with it after only 2 months.

i too looked at a jayco octane in person and was very dissapointed in its build quality compared to the attitude 3016ss by eclipse.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toy hauler