Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #1

The best Toy Hauler Fifth Wheel for full timing

Hi, I posted this in the full timing forum but thought I might get a better response in the Toy Hauler Forum.

My husband and I are new to this site and would appreciate any help you can give us on full timing.

We are looking to purchase a used Toy Hauler Fifth Wheel for full timing with the following requirements: 39' and above, 3 axel, garage area of 10 to 12' . We have looked at a lot of different brands and are getting really confused and overloaded.

We need one for hot and cold weather (I guess it is called a 4 season?) as we want to travel the US during the winter and summer and plan on staying anywhere from a week to a couple of months in one place and one that is well designed for full time living.

We were told that the Travel Supreme Rally Sport might be a good one to look at but so far we have only found 4 in all of the US and none near Southern California that we can go look at.

Thank you in advance for any advise you can give us!
tcwventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check out the Cyclone. Multiple slides, assorted lengths and designs.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #3

Howdy!

Excel make a very good fulltime Toy Hauler but it did not fit our needs. After much research we ordered a Heartland Cyclone 4000. Its a Yeta winter package, double pane windows and three ACs to help with cooling.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #4

Do not know your time frame or if you have had a camper in the past. If your time frame allows it you might want to attend an RV show to see what the interiors look like and then look used (you did not mention how old).
Just like everything else everyone has their favorites. Walking through them will let you narrow down the scope of what you might be looking for.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #5

Make it easy for you. Newmar X-Aire is the only toy hauler that I have seen that is capable and designed for full time use. Granted a lot full time many different toy haulers. But a rig that is actually designed to full time is the difference.
dynacopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
The best Toy Hauler Fifth Wheel for full timing

We FT in a Titanium 36E41, it has been a great unit. It's 41'10" but tows like a 36' because of the unique front design. Titanium went out of business in 2010 but we have a great forum with a wealth of knolage.
Here's a link of one on the Titanium Owners Forum

http://www.titaniumrvowners.com/yabb...num=1404691077

We often look at other toy haulers but most would be a step back in quality.

In my opinion there only a few that are good quality. Excel, New Horizon, Continental Coach CC does not show a TH on there site but they can build one.
soundman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #7

Depending on what you want to spend, but DRV has redesigned the their new "Full House" toy hauler...very nice, but on the $$$$$$ high side of toy haulers.
I loved the Voltage 3895 and liked the Cyclone 4100 king, but after researching found they have too many quality issues. I stumbled upon the Evergreen Tesla...they don't have all the models the others have yet, but we found one we liked well enough. We bought the Tesla 3950. The quality in my opinior is superior to both the Voltage and Cyclone. Look at the details of construction of each and you will see for yourself.
My wife likes having the dishwasher and the dealer installed the optional residential fridge with icemaker...large bottom freezer and additional filtered water. The dealer also installed the optional rear camera. None of the others even offer a dishwasher or the residential fridge and we paid the same for the Tesla as you would the Cyclone and Voltage. AND finally you get a premium...very nice...Denver Mattress, pillow top mattress standard with the Tesla. So far no problems except for water pressure when we first tried it out, but that was due to vent caps not being removed by the dealer ...which they did since I lived in it for a couple of days on the dealership premises before we left.

Good luck
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #8

We have a 2011 Open Range H345 toy hauler which is not made anymore. It has a good residential area with a sliding glass door to separate the back 8 foot cargo area. The cargo area has ramps on each side with a glass window to the rear. The unit measures 42 feet long.
browne07 is offline   Reply With Quote