Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2005, 01:21 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So far, I've spent time at the Tillamook off road riding area (great fun)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Jeff_in_The_Dalles - I actually know where Tillamook is!!! I lived in Colton for a few years and Scapoose for a few more - would go back in a heartbeat if hubby didn't have So. Cal in his blood.

I also like the KZ New Vision 33P, but ... DH says bigger is not always better - although I could argue that ... sigh ...

KZ 29P
JAguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #16

KZ Fan -

Glad to see another KZ fan out there! Just curious -- are you overweight pulling with your 2500HD Duramax while loaded (your trailer that is)? Seriously curious ... not being the weight police or anything nasty like that.

KZ 29P
JAguirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:07 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">DH says bigger is not always better - although I could argue that ... sigh ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I've found a trailer this short can get a bit squirrly when backing. Once you see it is off line a little bit, you had better correct quick. Long wheelbase truck doesn't help. The few semi's I've driven seemed easier to back, but I'm getting used to it.

Since this is my first RV, I thought of it as an experiment to see what I really want (and hopefully not get hurt too bad if I sell after a couple years).

I think I got it right with a 5th wheel toy hauler (as opposed to the camper and trailer my more experienced RVing frined suggested), but next time I think I will go with a 32 PH or 33 K-Z.

Having a sleeper sofa in addition to the drop down dinette would be nice, and a second fresh water tank becomes an option... but then weight goes up, and some of the spots I can park in now would be too short.

I guess everything is a compromise.
Jeff_in_The_Dalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #18

Thanks for the welcomes. I think I haunt a lot of the same places a lot of you here do. (Dove Springs, Cal City, El Mirage etc.)

JAguirre,

I'm on the hairy edge. GMC claims fifth wheel towing of 14,400lbs. Thats without fuel or a driver. The '05 33P has a gross weight of 13600 and a dry weight of 9080. I load my trailer to the limits and probably over on a regular basis.

Never had a problem with the truck/trailer combo. Just got back for 12 days in Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, and Vegas. Only problem I had was the need to slow down and cool tranny when outside temp. on the grade past Baker was hitting 120F. Had plenty of power just didn't want to blow up like the dozens of RV's we saw smoking on the side of the road.

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Intruder350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv