Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nope, can't have too many, can ya.

Boy, did I run across a deal, stopped into Home Depot looking for items for my converter upgrade and what do I find, the Magic Chef brand of portable ice maker (exactly like mine, just different name) on sale for $149. Well, if that wasn't enough, I find that it comes with a $30 mail in rebate. Throw that in with my 10% off for bad behavior card and I walked out of there with (2), thats TWO ice makers at $104.10 each, one for the Warrior and one for the Terry. Now I can leave the other one in the house and not have to move any of them around. Forgot all about the stuff for the converter.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nope, can't have too many, can ya.

Boy, did I run across a deal, stopped into Home Depot looking for items for my converter upgrade and what do I find, the Magic Chef brand of portable ice maker (exactly like mine, just different name) on sale for $149. Well, if that wasn't enough, I find that it comes with a $30 mail in rebate. Throw that in with my 10% off for bad behavior card and I walked out of there with (2), thats TWO ice makers at $104.10 each, one for the Warrior and one for the Terry. Now I can leave the other one in the house and not have to move any of them around. Forgot all about the stuff for the converter.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #3

Oh Tom....I saw one of these earlier also...I was trying to forget about it so I wouldn't cry at the price difference- when you look at them, a $100 price tag seems alot more like it, ey?

Along those same lines...a few weeks ago Moski bought a new mattress heater pad for the bed at home from Kohl's )bought one for the SLC's bed a few weeks earlier than that). It was $80 marked down from an approx price of $140. Dan good deal, ey? We were shopping Saturday there, and now the price was down to $33.90! Along with the mattress pad she had also bought, we got alomost $65 of our money back! Good thing...because we went and spent it and about $200 more, and THEN got a $40 Kohl's Cash certificate. Dang!

We can hardly wait until THAT merchandise goes further on sale also! This is better than a Discover Card!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #4

What a great deal. Hmmm.....I wonder if they're still on sale. I think I'll stop by my local HD tonight.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #5

I'll have to check that out in person. They're $199 on their web site.

Weekend Warrior FS2600
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #6

Dang.......My local HD doesn't have icemakers. I noticed they did have widescreen TV's however......WTF, I thought they were a hardware store.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #7

HD:

I just saw 'em yesterday in one of our Home Debit...they hid the display at the end of an aisle. They were $149, but I didn't see anything about a $30 rebate...must be just an Okie thing.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #8

picked one up for our rig/garage at Costco. $150 if i remember correctly

acjjkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
FYI, There wasn't anything displayed about the rebate, need to ask. The salesman I was talking to told me about it. I'm looking at my rebate form now and it states that it is valid between Nov 24 and Dec 24, 2006 for certain Magic Chef models (they are listed). Sooo, don't forget to ask!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, finally got around to opening one of them up and putting it in the Terry, the other one here is for the Warrior.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #11

Geesh Tom....you just had to get the Maquina Fabricadora De Hielo De Encimera" model, didn't cha?!

No wonder we don't get it...6 words and 35 letters versus our 2 words and 8 letters for "Ice Maker"...next you'll have to know how to habla "warrantee" and "refund"...
Old 01-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yep, and I'd better not have to worry about understanding warrantee and refund.

I do understand moving those puppies from one trailer to another and the house too. Heavy!