Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2021, 10:28 PM   #1

Total Newbie

Good evening all! Just looked at an older ragen 24c I believe it is an 02
Was just curious if anybody’s had any good or bad experiences with this toy hauler. Seems very clean inside a little weather outside and the fresh water tank has been hit by a rock or something and repaired. Has a 4kw generator and 40 gallon fuel cell
This will be my first trailer any input would be appreciated thank you all
Jo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2021, 10:36 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2012 View Post
Was just curious if anybody’s had any good or bad experiences with this toy hauler. Seems very clean inside a little weather outside and the fresh water tank has been hit by a rock or something and repaired. Has a 4kw generator and 40 gallon fuel cell
You are looking at an unit that is 20 years old, along with everything in there. This includes the fridge, water heater, furnace, generator, inverter, converter. If these items go bad will you be able to locate repair parts, I would think probably not, so it may require new replacement items, in lieu of repairing.
Look into the availability of repair parts for these items. Good luck in your decision making.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:38 PM   #3

Aren’t most rv appliances and parts universal?
Old 04-24-2021, 05:44 AM   #4

Quote:
parts most likely are not but appliances can be if they are dimensionaly the same.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:51 AM   #5

Quote:

hamm2018 brings up some good points to consider. look it over very carefully, if its in good shape and the price it right then go for it. if i remember right ragen is by pacific coachworks and i think genesis supreme bought that company.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:28 AM   #6

Quote:
First of all, there probably are not very many of those still around so the chances of someone on here chiming in isn't very good IMHO.

If you are extremely handy, have tons of tools and time then go for it. On the other hand if you are buying it to go camp and want something half way reliable keep looking. I currently have a 2021 TH and it keeps me busy enough fixing small stuff and cleaning it.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:48 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Quote:
For instance like the fridge. You may be able to find a control board from Dinosaur for that fridge. As parts being universal, control boards vary somewhat by design. Water heaters are generally made by 2 companies, Suburban and Atwood. But Atwood is now bought out by Dometic, so check and I think the dimensions on the new replacements are different.
The trouble with an unit that old, if something breaks that is a major component (fridge, water heater, furnace) finding replacement parts may be nearly impossible, or the cost could be extremely high.
Other parts are universal, toilet, faucet in the kitchen, bathroom areas you know items like that.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:10 PM   #8

Thanks for the reply’s! Ended up getting it! Got it home and found a few problems
The monitoring system wasn’t working along with some light ended up being a blown 20 amp fuse
Bathroom sink has a little crack and leaks. Probably give it a shot at sealing it with something even tho those sinks appear to be pretty cheap.
Kitchen sink needs some plumbers putty around the drain flange and gotta drop the fresh water tank and find a replacement
Should serve well and get the family out campin! Will just have to work out the kinks as we go
Old 04-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the reply’s! Ended up getting it! Got it home and found a few problems
The monitoring system wasn’t working along with some light ended up being a blown 20 amp fuse
Bathroom sink has a little crack and leaks. Probably give it a shot at sealing it with something even tho those sinks appear to be pretty cheap.
Kitchen sink needs some plumbers putty around the drain flange and gotta drop the fresh water tank and find a replacement
Should serve well and get the family out campin! Will just have to work out the kinks as we go
Hope you have as few issues as possible, good luck, go out and have fun.
Just replace the bathroom sink instead of patching.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
Hope you have as few issues as possible, good luck, go out and have fun.
Just replace the bathroom sink instead of patching.

Thank you appreciate it!
Planning on. Trip Mother’s Day weekend I’ll will try to post up some pics

Tags