Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2021, 11:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsutherland View Post
. . . So, what's a S&B RV? Very new to this forum and there seems to be a lot of abbreviations that leave me stumped . . .
S & B RV garage is what I was talking about. "S & B" means "Stick and Brick", as in a non-mobile building constructed from regular building materials. I used this term in my post so as to differentiate from the "RV garage' in your toyhauler that this thread is about.

Study this list, and you'll type like a iRV2 native The ones that initlally stumped me were DW and COE

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/term...ml#post1776764
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #16

a good friend of mine from GA has been in the concrete industry for 25 years. he has coated and stained a lot of concrete floors. he coated the wood floor in his toyhauler. its a blue haze with some white haze .....looks like an ice cube to be honest. he laid the pattern down as he spread it. he is on a diff level when it comes to that. so he did add some diff additives to it for his floor. it has not cracked in over 5 years now. every trip to the dunes to ride with us is 15 hrs one way with a 2k lbs sand rail sitting on the floor. i dont have any pics but i could ask what he used.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:29 AM   #17

toy hauler flooring

Thanks folks for the great replies! Jeff I'm gonna get some mileage outta that abbreviation list. dsrace I really appreciate the info on the epoxy floor pour. At this time however it looks like we'll go with a sheet goods of some kind in the toy hauler but any info regarding the epoxy technique your Georgia friend uses would be great. We really need to work on our S&B garage floor. Lotsa woodworking machinery on mobile bases in a double garage sized shop and rolling jointer, band and table saws, and now a HUGE assembly table sweetie just completed could be a lot easier with a better floor. So many projects!!!!
rrsutherland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:55 AM   #18

We put truckbed liner in our utility trailer. We just used stuff from auto zone. It wore very well, but over time we started noticing the plywood seems. It was horrible to sweep, but a breeze to wash out with the garden hose when the nose of the trailer was a little high.
Ndrorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:35 AM   #19

rrsutherland, here is what he text me......
Needs to be a 2 part not single part paint stuff. Mine is a metallic epoxy. But can also do solid colors, solid w flake, solid w colored sand very high traction. Then a 2 part urethane or polyaspartic topcoat.
Something like this ya can order from. https://www.puremetallic.com/index.phpPure Metallic | Metallic Epoxy Floors
Choose from any of our 19 Pure Metallic effects colors. You can create numerous types of color combinations as listed below: Two-Tone Effect a two-tone metallic effect which is the basecoat color plus a single Pure Metallic effect color on top.
www.puremetallic.com

Joints will prob move and crack if ya don't fix them first. Fix w sika crack filler from hardware store. Caulk tube very fast setting then sand grind smooth.

i didn't know this but he also said he had one seam crack but very hard to see. he repaired the crack with the sika crack filler, then refinished that area.

now one must understand that he did this to a 22' cargo trailer from a company in fitzgerold GA. he lives in rhome ga. i would never buy a trailer from this company. they are cheap on price but it really shows in quality as well. no smooth sides, no riveted side but rather screwed. i saw several screw head that had broken off from wall flex. they do no use tongue and grove flooring either. it can be done but a little more involved than normal.
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:05 PM   #20

toy hauler flooring

Hey all! We eliminated bed liner pretty early in the search for the exact reasons you mentioned. Really don't want to hose out our toy hauler. Did briefly consider it for the ramp/door but then again we're leery of any water other than a light and quick mopping prn. dsrace: It sounds like your friend has given the epoxy in the cargo trailer the ultimate flex test. It sure is a beautiful finish but probably not for our toy hauler. For the shop however, that has really piqued our interest! We would really need to do a lot of leveling and likely some re-pouring of the floor before we could put it down but hey, it would be an equity builder for sure. Thanks all and stay safe out there!
rrsutherland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, flooring, toy hauler