Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #15

Thanks everyone

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. We are going to a large RV show here in FL tomorrow, maybe we will find what we need
penni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
If you see something you like - go for it. You will not be sorry.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
There are limitations on Toy Haulers. They are basically a relatively small 5th wheel, with a garage attached. One of the limiting factors is access to the garage which dissects the living area. Everybody wants a giant TV, which virtually eliminates having it on an opposing wall. Most people want to have a large bedroom and master bath, and a large kitchen with a lots of storage and counter space, all in a 28' - 31' living space. We end up with a monster 18K lb trailer with a lot of compromises. You just have to choose what's important to you.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #18

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
There are limitations on Toy Haulers. They are basically a relatively small 5th wheel, with a garage attached. One of the limiting factors is access to the garage which dissects the living area. Everybody wants a giant TV, which virtually eliminates having it on an opposing wall. Most people want to have a large bedroom and master bath, and a large kitchen with a lots of storage and counter space, all in a 28' - 31' living space. We end up with a monster 18K lb trailer with a lot of compromises. You just have to choose what's important to you.

we have our TV facing us in our toy hauler, Scotty we like your set up but not the payments, we payed cash for our truck and trailer, and I see you still towing your TH with a light duty truck, a MDT like ours will make a night and day difference in the pleasure of the trip, yes I do drive it as an everyday driver, its no longer than any other 4 door LDT and out turns them all
2007 Forest River fifth wheel toy hauler 385 RLTS, 1999 Freightliner FL-60 with Western Hauler bed, new 3126B CAT motor, new Allison MD3060 transmission, air ride rear suspension, air ride cab, air ride seats
JEEPOHOLIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPOHOLIC View Post
we have our TV facing us in our toy hauler, Scotty we like your set up but not the payments, we payed cash for our truck and trailer, and I see you still towing your TH with a light duty truck, a MDT like ours will make a night and day difference in the pleasure of the trip, yes I do drive it as an everyday driver, its no longer than any other 4 door LDT and out turns them all
I'm sure you have a very nice toy hauler and even nicer if it is paid for. My point was that the privilege of having a garage, there are compromises. There is no way a toy hauler of equal size can have the same amenities as a 5th wheel.

As far as payments, m TV is my work truck and earns enough $$ to pays for itself, literally.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #20

The Fuzion 401 meets all your stated requirements (swapping out recliners for the sofa). Whether it meets them to your liking is up to you.

Fuzion
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:02 AM   #21

The vengeance 39R12

The Vengeance 39R12 seems to meet your criteria.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #22

Check out the Grand Design Momentum 380. We just bought one and we had the same need to sit in front of the TV
Bbarnesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbarnesb View Post
Check out the Grand Design Momentum 380. We just bought one and we had the same need to sit in front of the TV
That's probably one of the best laid out toy haulers I have ever seen. Also a lot of common sense nuts and bolts. I love the fact that it comes with 2 x 8K axles with 17.5 wheels and H rated tires. The 10' garage would have blown the deal for me. Too bad they don't offer a 12' garage with the same layout. At only 40', they could do it.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:07 AM   #24

Mid Atlantic Campers
That is a great layout, similar to our TI. If they could make the unit a little longer, remove the sliding glass door & put in a solid wall with a door by the entertainment center, add an additional couch on that wall for more seating it would be a perfect TH living area.
One additional mod to the layout would be a slide out opposite the bed for more wardrobe and tv space.
soundman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #25

I was also going to suggest the Grand Design Momentum but since someone already did then my suggestion for the OP would be the Excel Wild Cargo.
6PointOHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #26

Bought a unit, thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions. After looking at all posted here and looking at many more toy haulers, we decided to go with a luxury 5th wheel and not get a toy hauler. We just bought a brand new DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3 and WOW is all I can say! We are so shocked at the luxury options this thing has, it is crazy. Stuck with this one for a long time. Loving it!!!
penni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #27

I hooked on either the Cyclone or the Voltage until I started doing my reseach on both (including the Crossroads, Raptors...almost all toy haulers)
Evergreen came out with Tesla a few months ago, and although they don't have as many models yet, what they do have is very...very nice. Both the 3970 and 3950 have 12' garage, and they are coming out with the 3914 in October..14' garage. The construction quality is superior to both the Cyclone and Voltage. Garage tie downs are mounted to the frame and with a 6000 lb rating...vs 2500 for the Voltage.
Although they don't come standard just yet, you can get the residential fridge (with icemaker and larger freezer) that you can not get on the Cyclone and Voltage. The Tesla also comes with (2 models 3914 and 3950) a dishwasher. We ordered the King bedroom and it comes standard with a Denver Mattress...pillow top mattress.
The Tesla doesn't have as many whistles as the Cyclone or Voltage, but the quality is again...far superior to both. Do you research...and whatever you decide to buy, have your dealer agree to let you live in it on site before you drive off with it. This way you can go through all the systems and they will make any repairs if needed faster...since they want to get rid you...lol
Good luck
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #28

Good for you...Just FYI...DRV also makes a toy hauler. Not like the rest, but will do the job, and you can't beat the DRV quality for sure
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote