Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #1

Used Toyhauler pricing help

The wife and I are looking to buy a Toy hauler.

Right now we are looking at 2 2016 models. One is a 38' Keystone Fusion 325, the asking price is 54,500. From a private seller

Everything looks to be in good shape no obvious issues.

The second is a Dutchman Voltage 3990 at camping world the asking price is 59,000.

This one also looks in great shape, atleast from the pictures. Havent seen it in person yet as it is 6 hours away.

Do these prices seems high or right around where they should be.

Anyone have any bargaining tips specific to RVs or how much do you think we should try talking them down?

Any tips and input is appreciated. Thanks
cajuncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncowboy View Post

Right now we are looking at 2 2016 models. One is a 38' Keystone Fusion 325, the asking price is 54,500. From a private seller

The second is a Dutchman Voltage 3990 at camping world the asking price is 59,000.

This one also looks in great shape, atleast from the pictures. Havent seen it in person yet as it is 6 hours away.

Anyone have any bargaining tips specific to RVs or how much do you think we should try talking them down?

I looked at RV Trader they list a 2015 Fuzion at $43900. Keep in mind a 2016 is now about 5 years old. Look at the tag on the left front corner and see when each was built.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #3

Ok thanks, I did see on the tag of the Fuzion it was built sept of 15 so yes it would be nearly 5 years old.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:04 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Quote:
Ok thanks, I did see on the tag of the Fuzion it was built sept of 15 so yes it would be nearly 5 years old.
The one at Camping World has a markup being at a dealer. I think the other private seller may still owe that amount on it, maybe not.
We bought our Road Warrior new in Oct. 2017 and gave a little under 75000 for it. Our MSRP was 122000, so we got a good discount.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #5

Thanks for the info, the wife and I are big people and we are looking for something with a larger shower, most of the models in our area in our range have the corner shower which is too small.

These 2 both have larger showers, of course the camping world one isnt exactly our area but if we decide on it they would deliver it to our closest dealer.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:30 PM   #6

Depends on how well each were maintained. If welled cared for and maintained properly, a 75-100k unit shouldn't loose half it's value in 4.5 years.

I like a good deal too, but a fair and reasonable price is not asking someone to basically give it away. Price new if you think a nicer toyhauler is cheap. The Voltage maybe a tad high, but these are both two higher priced units when they rolled out of the factory new with a bunch of included options. I'm sure both have frameless windows, 6 point hydraulic leveling, etc. and aren't just a basic toyhauler. I would say somewhere in the 50's is where I would expect them to start.

Good luck with your search.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:29 AM   #7

You can search RVT.com and see what specific models or similar models are selling for across the country.

I did a search on both the models you are considering and they are in line with others if the same year. There were several of the Voltage 3990 selling between 53k-65k and the Fusion was between 52k-60k in several places.

Hope that helps.

Quote:

Old 06-13-2020, 09:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigattime View Post
Depends on how well each were maintained. If welled cared for and maintained properly, a 75-100k unit shouldn't loose half it's value in 4.5 years.

I like a good deal too, but a fair and reasonable price is not asking someone to basically give it away. Price new if you think a nicer toyhauler is cheap. The Voltage maybe a tad high, but these are both two higher priced units when they rolled out of the factory new with a bunch of included options. I'm sure both have frameless windows, 6 point hydraulic leveling, etc. and aren't just a basic toyhauler. I would say somewhere in the 50's is where I would expect them to start.

Good luck with your search.
I understand that, was just curious of others opinions on if the prices seemed on par, I know the price for a new one but am not really savvy on resale values and how quickly or slowly they lose value.

We are likely to bring home the Fuzion this week for 45-47k after going look it over Thursday and talking with the owner.

Thanks for all of the input.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #9

Best of luck!

From a cursoy glance, it seemed to me that the price was in line with the market and that you are getting a fair price to start the purchase conversation.

We've been very happen with our toy hauler so hopefully you and your family will find a great unit to enjoy too.

Safe travels!
Quote:
I understand that, was just curious of others opinions on if the prices seemed on par, I know the price for a new one but am not really savvy on resale values and how quickly or slowly they lose value.

We are likely to bring home the Fuzion this week for 45-47k after going look it over Thursday and talking with the owner.

Thanks for all of the input.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:43 PM   #10

We paid 45 for our 16 385, well maintained. Excellent condition. I think alot of people make the mistake of buying based on payment and end up paying too much and just want the balance, and i think youre about right at 45.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshopes81 View Post
We paid 45 for our 16 385, well maintained. Excellent condition. I think alot of people make the mistake of buying based on payment and end up paying too much and just want the balance, and i think youre about right at 45.
Thanks we actually settled at 46k. Hopefully will have it by the end of this week or beginning of next.

Waiting on hitch delivery and finish up with the bank
Old 06-17-2020, 09:31 PM   #12

I figured out the bigger garage they have the more they hold the value. I looked forever and ended up paying 40 for a 2013 voltage 3905 with a 14’ garage. Found tons a lot cheaper and newer with smaller garages but none of them will haul a newer 4 door utv.
Tbrownski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:07 AM   #13

RV Trader will give you a good idea where the pricing should be !!!!
WyomingTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:18 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Quote:
Thanks we actually settled at 46k. Hopefully will have it by the end of this week or beginning of next.

Waiting on hitch delivery and finish up with the bank
Good for you guys, hope you will enjoy it as much as we enjoy our unit