Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #29

Mike:

This 'week' consists of 7 days- what day are you "due" (will it be a c-section or a natural birth )? (I guess technically it's WW's birth...but I need to know what size catcher's mitt you'll use and when).

Man...gonna be in CT, and since hs-internet is $11.95/night, I need a little more forward notice...I'm gonna have to "plan" YOUR birth!

Changing order in mid-stream...you've got some huoevos! Did your sales guy make you sign a waiver?!

56: inverter pic installation needs to have ALOT of pictures, as well as ALOT of "take this black wire and put it here, and take this red wire and put it there, and take...well you get it.

Mike: Is Cordie done yet- I need to get my 50lb welder out of the trailer, and my back hurts (not to mention my 'gut'!).

This is just too much fun...can hardly wait for the campfire discussions (I bet they go a little faster...
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Mike:

56: inverter pic installation needs to have ALOT of pictures, as well as ALOT of "take this black wire and put it here, and take this red wire and put it there, and take...well you get it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are my plans. The only change is putting in
a 200Amp circuit breaker instead of the 100Amp.
FOR A LARGER IMAGE...CLICK HERE

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #31

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Mike:

56: inverter pic installation needs to have ALOT of pictures, as well as ALOT of "take this black wire and put it here, and take this red wire and put it there, and take...well you get it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are the directions that I received in a private message. I then diagramed it so it
made sense to me.

"Very simple to do. You will need the DPDT "center off" 20amp toggle switch, an electrical box, a cover plate made for toggle switches (or just get a blank one and drill the correct size hole) some romex wire (14/2 if it's a 15amp circuit) and a wire nut.

Mount the box where you want the switch.

Unhook the romex that comes off the breaker feeding the circuit you want "inverted" (unhook all three wires...white, black and ground) Now hook it up to the center contacts of the DPDT switch with black on one side, white on the other and leave the ground hanging free for now.

Then take a new piece of romex wire and hook it up to the same breaker you just unhooked in the same fashion with the black wire going to the breaker and the white going to the neutral bus bar and ground to ground bus. Take the other end of this wire and hook it to the bottom contacts on the switch with the black wire going to the same side as the previous, white to the other side and ground hanging free.

Then take another piece of romex and hook it to the top of the switch in the same fashion. Now you can wire nut all the grounds together. Then on the other end of this wire that you put on the top contacts attach a plug end and plug it into the inverter.

That is it. So, if you flip the switch up you will be feeding the center contacts (wire to outlets) from the inverter and if you flip the switch down you will be feeding from shorepower. There is no need to turn off the converter when using the inverter because you are only powering that one circuit and the converter will already be off as it is on another circuit. Just make sure the switch you get is "center off" so that it breaks the connection from one source before it makes the connection to another."

Here are my plans. The only change is putting in
a 200Amp circuit breaker instead of the 100Amp.
FOR A LARGER IMAGE...CLICK HERE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:42 PM   #32

Jeezus! And I thought women gabbed a lot! You guys win an award tonight!!!

Well, I'm taking the old engagement ring to the jewelers tomorrow to get an idea of what it's worth.... no, I'm kidding. I'm actually taking our daughter to the auction block ... no, no, that would never do.... I guess I could hock Grandma's silver. She's so old, she'll never notice it's gone. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I tell you, that LE is one fine rig!

Sandy Feet
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:45 PM   #33

56:

That's a good start, but I need professional help (as well as I see the rest of us do also!). I really need for you to take a picuture at every step...you'll need one heck of a web provider to show all those pictures! Oh...don't forget the camera...

Funny...the same time you were at Montclair, I was at Colton (25 miles apart) talking with my Giant salesguy about a whole bunch of things. Wheels/tires (going to 16's), inveters (still waiting to hear about the Equinox), batts (6v- 4 of 'em and how I'm gonna mount them), and many other things- we've got alot of things to do before the 6/4 'delivery'!

Great picture of your LE...now we're REALLY startin' to drool...
Old 04-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #34

SandyFeet!

It's just an engagement ring- there are more out there (if Nick really loved you, he'd have bought you a new LE- hard to put on your finger, but man! the bedroom is spacious!

As long as Daughter is contributing to the fam and therefore the new LE-keep 'er, so, yeap...grandma's silver (check to see if she has some gold- you won't have to work so hard!).

There are some things that'll never change- us guys haven't even scratched the surface on your comment!
Old 04-24-2005, 07:15 PM   #35

Hummmm...got pictures AND dialog... I'm printing this out! Thanks!

I'm surprised you're at the 'puter...I'd still be out oogling and drooling over the new rig! I assume you've already got its blankey and food 'n water- it's a new one, so it'll need alot've sleep tonight!

Speakin' of that...I'm just about outta here...again, kukos to you and the fabulous threads you helped us put together tonight! Hope to see 'ya soon...

Take care,
Sean
Old 04-25-2005, 06:27 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Christ, I take a day off to do yard work and you'all put 4 (yes, 4) pages together. Glad I wasn't here or it would have been 5 or more.

Congrats on the new rig 56, looks good.

Mike, Sean, you guy's need a project to keep your minds off those delivery dates, worse than a couple of expectant fathers. Sure glad I didn't start your way with a box of fiberglass and resin, woulda hated to have to turn around and you know, I think I still have a set of those external hooker headers and sidepipes left over from my switch from autocross to drags. Had to put the undercar's on for the short distance runs.

By the way 56, that truck is the only fitting way to pull a new WW, don't cha just love it!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:03 PM   #37

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Tom,
don't remind me of lawnwork. i had the nicest lawn until my two pooches decided that it was their lawn. there went three solid weekends of walking sod up 50 steps, no vehicle access, and laying it in 90 degree heat. gone. now i just throw pasture grass seed out there every March

your drag pipes have wide open, no restrict, for WOT pedal to the floor?
but the autocross pipes are more for what we call in our area: Bar-Bikes?,
meant for jammin' from this one to that one as fast as possible, but on city streets with stop signs, never hitting a WOT for more then maybe 50 yards. I have seen some bikes that probably never hit a freeway, with fat drag pipes with no muffs, and absoluely no lower end restriction. sounds cool, dumb move, not my problem
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:59 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
By the way Mike, been wanting to thank you for including me in your Calif Gold rush gang. I'm honored to be included in the group. Have no plans to come out that way anytime soon. Looks like SW New Mexico, maybe Moab, If I get lucky, will be as far as we make it West for awhile. Just have one for me everytime you'all get together.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:26 PM   #39

and thank you Tom,
and as every western GoldRushGang member would agree, the location is certainly part of it, but the fiber that makes up the person is what makes this outfit what it is !
Glad to have your company

AND,..... this is why even though '56 almost tricked all of us into driving 'cross the plains to work on his "broken" rig,
he is also still as solid as they come
(no harm in keepin' an eye on 'em though ...)

Hoss
Old 04-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #40

Tom:

Dittos from the this end...would love to see what we can do to make you coming out here a reality (love to see BT in person!). I'd venture to say, at least for Mike and myself, if you could find your way here, we'd find a way to make a extended weekend happen!

Mike: I 'm looking over my shoulder as we speak! That wascally wabbit 56...ya just don't know what he'll pull next!! (Moski, as well as I'm sure Cordie, had to take extra pain pills last night after she unloaded the truck- BTW...how was that show anyway?! )

Hey..and dialup here in CT isn't that bad- what's bad is this laptop's keyboard! If you sopt a typo (see!), just rack it up to that!
Hopefully our couple of weeks will only be intese during business hours, but I know better!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #41

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Moski, as well as I'm sure Cordie, had to take extra pain pills last night after she unloaded the truck- BTW...how was that show anyway?! ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i also was a little surprised at the grumbling from Cordie. Come on Cordie, we almost got to drive up I5 all night, up thru the Grapevine and then thru mile after miles of fertilized fields! They remind me of that 'Gotti Girls' show sometimes, they just don't know how good they got it.
And while you're out there in CT, what kind of toyhaulers are you seeing driving up and down those roads? You are our 'haulin Ambassador to the east coast. Theres gotta be a bunch of riders out there.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:37 PM   #42

Well...you know...a girl's gotta do what a girl does best [when our favorite show is on]. To quote my best friend (make sure Cordie's not seeing this right now because it CAN work both ways and I wouldn't want you to get trapped): "She'll either get over it, or she won't". Hey...Moski knows it word for word, and it has become that proverbial alligator. But what the heck...use it while you can!

Haven't had a bunch of time on the road (hotel is 3/4 mile from the airport), but I suspect these guys out here are just now having to thaw their rigs out. I was here in Feb in "oh my gawd" negative temps, and if they had any sense, they'd just either build a humongous bonfire 24/7 and create a sleep city around it, or get the heck outta the cold- like MOVE! But...I am at corporate, so I better mind my "p"s and "q"s...

Was your Monday at the saltmine any better than last week?