Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #1

Lady Di missed all the little, remote campgrounds that we used to stay with our old camper.
Last night I found one for her on Craigs List and we picked it up this afternoon. Even the graphics match the truck

That is one of the downsides of having a 30+ foot rig.

It's a plus, cause now I can go trout fishing along the American River,
Edison Lake and Florence Lake where you can't haul a trailer.

Yes...... we're keeping the WW for all the big trips and when we ride.

WHOOPS.....

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #2

Lady Di missed all the little, remote campgrounds that we used to stay with our old camper.
Last night I found one for her on Craigs List and we picked it up this afternoon. Even the graphics match the truck

That is one of the downsides of having a 30+ foot rig.

It's a plus, cause now I can go trout fishing along the American River,
Edison Lake and Florence Lake where you can't haul a trailer.

Yes...... we're keeping the WW for all the big trips and when we ride.

WHOOPS.....

Old 09-05-2006, 05:40 AM   #3

Well...well....good to here you're not forsaking us Howie! Man...nice setup...should work great for those little trips. Now you've got to get started with those umpteen mods you've got to do!

And I sure do remember that predicament you got yourself into with the LE...
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
You know, why is it that in everything we do, we need two to do it with. Corvettes, one to race and one to drive, trailers, one big one and one small one, boats, one large and one small....funny how that seems to work.

Sean, when are you getting your next one??? Darn, I forgot, think I saw a picture of your other one somewhere!

Boy, almost forgot, congrats on yer new toy there Howie!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #5

Nice TC congrats. It looks to be in great condition.

Wasn't it you at GC that was trying to convince me to upgrade to a larger TH? J/K

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Now you've got to get started with those umpteen mods you've got to do!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, I've already started......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
You know, why is it that in everything we do, we need two to do it with. Corvettes, one to race and one to drive, trailers, one big one and one small one, boats, one large and one small....funny how that seems to work.....
Boy, almost forgot, congrats on yer new toy there Howie! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tom! It's nice to have the best of both worlds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:

Wasn't it you at GC that was trying to convince me to upgrade to a larger TH? J/K </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Wes..... Sometimes bigger is better, but aren't we fortunate to be able to make all these choices? We had to get the camper as tenting is NOT an option anymore

Old 09-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We had to get the camper as tenting is NOT an option anymore </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, Shucks!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We had to get the camper as tenting is NOT an option anymore

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no doubt about that for us either. My ole back just isn't what it used to be.

Like Sean mentioned, I'll bet you already have the peeps on the TC forum all agog with your new mods.

Have fun, it looks great.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #9

My Dad has a mobile home park and years back, bringing new mobiles into spaces (replacements) we would either use jacks and blocks of wood and jack them up then push them off the jacks to move them over. One day it was just too much and got a guy with Multi-Tons to come over. He put a beam down on a slope downward in the direction he wanted to go then multi-tons on top of that then the jacks on top of the multi-tons. If it got moving too fast or something he just dropped the jacks until the tires hit. Worked like a charm.

You'ld have to have at least a couple multi-tons + at least a couple 6-ton or 12-ton bottle jacks and would be good to have an alum. beam to put the multi-tons on. Oh, and a few blocks of wood.

Anyways, I know it's a bit late but, maybe that would let you get around the corner on those tight spots.

That all being said, I think I'll stick to the spots I can get into without all that hassle.
DuneMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #10

Nice score on the TC Howie...so what mods are you making ?
dieseldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dieseldude:
Nice score on the TC Howie...so what mods are you making ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Steve,

Actually this Lance has just about everything dialed in.......solar, a 3600-watt propane generator, A/C, 3way refrig, 40gal water, electric jacks.

The only thing I need to do is install the stereo and speakers.

I probably should visit the TC forum for some ideas. We're looking forward to seeing you at Rasor and Spangler.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Now you've got to get started with those umpteen mods you've got to do! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First mod.... I had to install the Pollak heavy duty connection in the truck. Much better than the
stock Lance equipment.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #13

Howie,

Great looking TC you got there. I've thought about getting one for those times the big trailer won't fit, but with the son starting SLO this week, my wants are on the back burner. Besides, were having too much fun with the Alfa...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C.CARNEY:
Howie,

Great looking TC you got there. I've thought about getting one for those times the big trailer won't fit, but with the son starting SLO this week, my wants are on the back burner. Besides, were having too much fun with the Alfa...

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Clark,

Yup..... we're spending our kids inheritance. Its good to hear from you. Will you be able to make it to the Rasor or Spangler gatherings this year?

Howie