Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2005, 07:58 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Just gotta ask what what vittles are the favorite for the holiday. I'll be doing bbq wings with red beans & rice. I call my wings Daves 2 beer wings. Heat the grill, dust the wings with adobo (check my post at RV gournet) load the grill and pop a longneck. Halfway through the bottle turn the wings. Repeat. Wings should be done at the bottom of the 2nd beer. Always soak the wings in salted ice water for a while before cooking. One caveat, they may have to be called 3 or 4 beer wings with this crowd. My red bean recipe is also at Rv Gourmet. Happy Trails!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2005, 07:58 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Just gotta ask what what vittles are the favorite for the holiday. I'll be doing bbq wings with red beans & rice. I call my wings Daves 2 beer wings. Heat the grill, dust the wings with adobo (check my post at RV gournet) load the grill and pop a longneck. Halfway through the bottle turn the wings. Repeat. Wings should be done at the bottom of the 2nd beer. Always soak the wings in salted ice water for a while before cooking. One caveat, they may have to be called 3 or 4 beer wings with this crowd. My red bean recipe is also at Rv Gourmet. Happy Trails!!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sounds like pretty good wings there.

I'm thinking spicy Brats, slow grilled, with chopped green chile's over the top.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:13 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
i believe i'll check out some wings (and when i say check out that means i give Cordie a call at home and ask her if she knows how to make them )
For the life of me, I don't know how she became the BBQ'r of our family, don't the guy do that?? But hey, if every night when we're getting ready to burn some meat, if she elbows me out of the way, and tells me to just go have a beer and let her do the Q'ing, well what can I say???
And although that tri-tip idea was supreme, and although a Q'd steak is awesome,
well i have to say I am a burger man. You put a BBQ'd burger in my hand, and its like scratchin my hound's belly, HEAVEN.
Lets do get that right though,.. its ME the burger, my DOG the belly scratchin.

I am going to look into those wings though, darn that sounds good.
ohhhh, and did I mention a couple Buds too?
The King of Beer.
This is the most glorious of holidays !!!!!
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:18 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well Mike you've got it good. Cordie sweats over the grill you count the beers. Gawd, it just don't get mo better!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:42 PM   #6

uhhhhh, ..
...we had BBQ'd chicken with sweet corn tonite,
my brain and belly are a little slow on the go right now ...

this Fourth is a great time for every one of us here !
Old 07-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #7

I am gonna have momma grill up a few steaks and a couple of hot dogs for my two boys. Then we will open up a cold beer and watch the fire works from the ramp door of the TH. We will be sitting in the parking lot near Tempe town lake with three other TH's and about 6 families total. But before we do that I will raise a cold one to all the service men and women who cannot enjoy the celebrations because they are keeping our customs, holidays and most important all of us safe. I served my country and am proud to be an AMERICAN. God bless all of us and this great nation!!

Now I still need to get that blasted flag pole and mount it to the ladder of my TH and raise my RED WHITE and BLUE a lot higher. The little wooden staff my flag came with isn't near tall enough
Old 07-01-2005, 06:53 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....But before we do that I will raise a cold one to all the service men and women who cannot enjoy the celebrations because they are keeping our customs, holidays and most important all of us safe. I served my country and am proud to be an AMERICAN. God bless all of us and this great nation!!... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very few things said here over the years have caused me to sit back down so quick and quiet down ... reflect upon our heritage ..
.. that was one,
well said.
Mike
Old 07-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #9

We had take out chinese. Friday is the wifes don't cook day so we go out or order in.

The 4th has always been hot coals food of any type, gotta have some spud salad. I've aways been an easy one to feed for I am a garbage disposal. I love food period, Anything is good mixed with the right beverge.

This is the first 4th I can remember where we have absolutly no plans or family to vist.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....have some spud salad... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Griz, sometimes not having to visit folk and family is a good thing,
but at ALL times, spud salad is a good thing
.. and at some picnics people have regular 'tater salad, or red potatoe salad, or sweet potatoe salad, or tater salad with bacon bits, or apple bits, or ...
well i don't think I'd care if they put asparagus in there...
..'tater salad is just like real wooden rowboats, they are just fine !!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:04 PM   #11

FireRoster I'm with Fatdog. That was indeed said very well "Semper Fi" my friend. I had one of those moments a few days ago when I noticed everyone in the neighborhood had replaced their old faded Red White and Blue for nice new shiny and bold flags. It made me proud, can't help to think about my sister squadron that is their now dealing with the 120 degree heat. Let Freedom Ring......

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #12

I tell you what. The Lady across the street from us is 93 years old, still mows her own lawn and pulls her own weeds etc. She has a permanent flag pole in her front yard that ALWAYS has a bright and shiny flag waving in the breeze, she says she will never lower the flag while our troops are away from home and protecting us. My three year old son and I went over there last year and mounted a light that comes on during the night hours to keep that flag illuminated. My son everyday sees that flag and says "Daddy that is an American Flag" He is only three and I hope that he will continue to respect and love those colors. I hope that he never has to see war or take another human beings life. But I also hope he will stand tall and proud and defend what is "OURS" should the need arise.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #13

Thank you Don !
Thank you very much!

And an equal big thanks to your fellow squadron that is over there right now ...

The kind of feelings we all have of appreciation for your efforts are beyond words...

..Freedom Ring ...
Old 07-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....My three year old son and I went over there last year and mounted a light that comes on during the night hours to keep that flag illuminated. My son everyday sees that flag and says "Daddy that is an American Flag".... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
.. a 93 year old Lady, a FireFighter/Paramedic, and a three year old son...
... all working the Flag !
that is a beautiful thing buddy