Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2006, 06:11 AM   #29

My cousing has xm on his rhino and we can park it in the middle of camp tune into the right station and everyone picks it up. Everybody in camp gets mad when the rhino leaves on a ride. You should be able to just tune in all the radios and be good to go. NO patch cable needed.

2004 Fleetwood Gearbox
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ha, I agree, you don't need a patch cable but besides the FM part, mine has a hookup for the cassette player and a direct hookup for the audio in which both is supposed to be better than using the FM xmitter part. I'm using the cassette adapter in the truck but the Terry has audio in plus the cassette so I figured I'd try it both ways. Until I change the stereo out in the Warrior it will have to be FM only for it. More fun than a barrel of monkeys!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #31
PDB

Sounds like they'll both be the same. Talking about merging.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well true as that may be or not, today they are not merged and with Howard helping them hemorage millions of dollars, why would XM want them?
I like Sirius for reasons that others might like XM and it's got nothing to do with Mr. Shock Jock what so ever.
A few reasons. I like NPR and NPR talk (gotta have the tappet brothers Click and Clack). It's on Sirius, not XM. I like some of the music programming better on Sirius than I do on XM. If you want to hear the difference listen to the music channels on Direct TV (it's really XM) and get a free trail at sirius.com and compare for yourself.
Like Nascar? Go to Sirius. Like the IRL? Go to XM. Like football? Go to Sirius. Like Baseball? Go to XM.
Sirius sat run in Ellipticle orbit around mother earth and sometimes can cause drop outs or fade outs if you don't have a perfect view of the sky. XM runs their sats in Geo sync and I've heard they have fewer drop outs.
Had enough? I might be able to scare up some otherwise useless info for you to make your decision with. ;-)
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Article taken from Land Line Magazine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">January 16, 2007

XM/Sirius merger talks prompt stock upgrades

Stock analysts with some of the nation's top investment firms are altering their ratings of XM Satellite Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio stock on speculation that the two companies may merge.

According to Forbes, analysts at JP Morgan and Bank of America made adjustments Tuesday one upward, and one downward.

Although there was no confirmation of a merger as of press time on Jan. 16, XM's management publicly endorsed a possible merger last week.

Top officials at Sirius have been talking about a merger for months.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">January 19, 2007
FCC head disparages satellite merger talks

The head of the Federal Communications Commission says XM and Sirius can't merge, because their licenses specifically prohibit the two satellite radio companies from joining together.

However, some industry experts are saying that the licenses can be modified.

Sirius officials have been talking merger for months, and recently, an XM official expressed possible interest.

"Land Line Now" currently airs daily on XM's Open Road Channel 171.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club

Added new information in my previous post.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks ChiefJohn for the update.

I hate to see them merge, I'm sure it'll hurt us consumers one way or another.

As long as they keep my one and only station, the reason I bought it anyway, I could give a Ra?? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, can you understand "rockabilly"!! and I don't care if the sp is wrong or not.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #36

Actually, a merger not be that bad...XM's got the right satellite, and Sirius seems to have all the good poop now. To Tom's point, now all we need is a new kid on the block to keep the charges in check!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote