Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2017, 07:18 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalMama View Post
I just thought you all should know that I just got off the phone with a used car salesman. I was asking him about payloads on different F150's and he basically had to bow out of the conversation! lol He said "You are the first female or male for that matter who has ever asked me these kind of technical questions. Your parents should be proud." hahahaha!!

Thanks to you guys...

I am off to look at trucks and TT's

peace, Maria B, Bug n Bean
Kudos to you for taking the initiative to do some research. Most come on these forums after the fact with usually irreversible problems.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2017, 04:52 PM   #44

Quote:
I just thought you all should know that I just got off the phone with a used car salesman. I was asking him about payloads on different F150's and he basically had to bow out of the conversation! lol He said "You are the first female or male for that matter who has ever asked me these kind of technical questions. Your parents should be proud." hahahaha!!

Thanks to you guys...

I am off to look at trucks and TT's

peace, Maria B, Bug n Bean
You are doing it right, while I just got lucky. I didn't even know that I should be asking questions (yeah... I'm not actually stupid, just not always as foresighted as I might be ). I happened to be fortunate enough pick a truck and trailer combination that works well together. It helped that we weren't interested in anything very big, so the odds were with me. Had I known then what I do now about the 1000's of different F-150 possibilities, we might still be shopping, instead of already enjoying our new rig.

Sometimes ignorance IS bliss, as long as you remedy any potential issues before they turn tragic. Since we bought both last October, I had all winter to research and find out if I had what I needed or if I'd made a huge mistake. As I said, I got lucky. Good thing too, since I've come to love my F-150 and would give up the Camper before I'd let the truck go.
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #45

I am wondering what you guys think of this TT - it seems like a bargain, is in my price range and has 90% of what I am looking for!!!

I am feeling a trip to AZ coming up in my new truck...yes? no? They are willing to take an offer - what would be a good offer for this TT?

http://www.desertautoplex.com/defaul...=xAllInventory

Thank you in advance!

ps: I have not gotten my truck yet but I drove a Dodge Ram 1500 V8 with a 5.7L Hemi and I fell in love with driving it...I am leaning towards this truck and away from the F150's...and away from V6. The mpg on the Ram is better than my 3.5 L V6 Pilot! The max towing rating is 10,350 (not sure about payload) and the Nash is 7,000 GVWR...is that pushing it?

Ach!! Starting to freak out lol

Peace, maria B, B n B
MysticalMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #46

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I am wondering what you guys think of this TT - it seems like a bargain, is in my price range and has 90% of what I am looking for!!!

I am feeling a trip to AZ coming up in my new truck...yes? no? They are willing to take an offer - what would be a good offer for this TT?

Thank you in advance!

ps: I have not gotten my truck yet but I drove a Dodge Ram 1500 V8 with a 5.7L Hemi and I fell in love with driving it...I am leaning towards this truck and away from the F150's...and away from V6. The mpg on the Ram is better than my 3.5 L V6 Pilot! The max towing rating is 10,350 (not sure about payload) and the Nash is 7,000 GVWR...is that pushing it?

Ach!! Starting to freak out lol

Peace, maria B, B n B
My wife and I looked at the Nash 23 D a lot and really liked it. It is a solid, well built trailer. That price is pretty good but it is a 2016 so it has sat on the lot for a while. If you really like it throw $20,000 at them and see if they bite. Make sure it is new and not pre-owned. Some things to consider on that trailer. It doesn't have thermapane windows, not a deal breaker but it was an option on those. The Nash trailers are wood framed, not aluminum framed, again not a deal breaker just older technology. Make sure to keep up on your window and roof seals as wood can rot. I noticed it has the couch that converts to a bed in the front. At 6'3" I could not get comfortable in one of those and the fold in the middle was a deal breaker for me. I really liked the space the couch conversion provided but I couldn't make it a comfortable bed, if you are going to live in this trailer you want a comfortable bed. Have them turn it into a bed and lay down on it for 15 minutes. Try too take a nap, roll over, imagine being on it every night. I don't think you can trade out the mattress fold up deal for a conventional mattress if you decide you don't like it. You can order the Nash 23 D with a conventional bed. All in all the Nash is a solid trailer without a lot of fancy trim. Maintained properly it should give you years of service.

If I was buying this trailer I would feel better towing it with the F-150 with a tow package than the Ram 1500.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #47

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you're the type of person that can sleep on anything, than the "gaucho" style of bed will be OK for you. I am not that kind of person, so I made sure to have at least a real queen sized bed.

Nash is made by Northwood in Oregon. They also made my ORV 19B. The quality should be there.

You could probably get the same trailer brand new 2017 out-the-door for the asking price of the 2016 you linked to. Make a lowball offer and be prepared to wheel and deal until you are either happy, or looking somewhere else.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:41 PM   #48

The Nash trailer looks quite nice but has some items I couldn't do. Would not want to have to convert my couch to a bed every night. That would be a PITA after a couple nights. At that point you have a dinette and bed to sit on which is unappealing. Doesnt seem to have a lot of storage either for a ful time unit. Over all, for me, it would be too small for me to live in permanently. Make sure you think long and hard about this.

On the truck: My personal truck is A Ram 2500 MC. While I drove a Ram 1500 for five years as a work truck I would have to go with the F150 if had to tow a "larger" travel trailer. You would absolutely want airbags under a Ram 1500. The F150 Ecoboost is no slouch when it comes to power and towing.
Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #49

Outdoors RV Owners Club
MM, I agree that the Nash is a good solid trailer and that the 23D is a nice floorplan - however the sit and sleep sofa is not a very popular option as most people want the full time bed and mattress as it is more comfortable as a bed and has storage underneath it. As for price, I think it is a bit high. Depending on the actual build date it could have been sitting since late 2015 - it could be ready for new tires and I would want the roof re-caulked. Here is one in CO with the real bed. https://www.lazydays.com/rvs/longmon...d-nash-1024918

one in NO CA https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...-23D-120916029

one in Oregon (Thunder is a great place to work with) 2017 Northwood Nash 23d For Sale - Thunder RV Dealership - Lagrande, Or 97850 -909689
Old 05-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #50

I think I am going to keep looking at TT's...I know the Nash is quality but also heavy for the length (it seems) and I really want a couch AND a bed AND a dinette. I have seen some floor plans where the bedroom is in the back with a curtain, the bathroom on the side, the slideout is the dinette, the couch is opposite and the kitchen is in the rear (or front) opposite the bed. I LOVE this idea. I could also do the couch in the far back (or front) and the kitchen opposite the dinette.

I am also going to test drive a F150 V8 and I def. have to look at the towing packages on the F150 again. In CA, the typical F150 is a 2.7L V6 Ecoboost 2wd and that is NOT my truck!

At least, I think I have narrowed my truck shopping down to pre-owned/certified at dealerships or Carmaxx or Autonation (which offer extended warranties). I am also considering upping my truck budget by 5,000 so up to 27K plus taxes and fees will bring me up to 30K.

I keep thinking about the money I can save once I buy my land and live in my TT in order to justify upping my budget and allowing my tiny house build to maybe come in pieces...

Happy Memorial Day to any of you who have lost service members. My thoughts are with you and your families on this day. My father was a 30 year disabled veteran who fought in WW2 and refused to let my brother enlist bc of his experience in the war.

Peace, Maria B, Bug and Bean
Old 05-30-2017, 01:13 PM   #51

In case you aren't confused enough . I haven't seen anyone mention the Lance trailer. They have a good reputation can come with generators and are 4 season. When I was looking I considered one ,but decided it was just a little small for me . while you are looking check them out.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #52
RPr

If you have never RVed before, do your self a favor and rent one similar to what you think you want. A week or ten days on the road, will tell you a lot before you spend the big bucks.
RPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:37 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobj616 View Post
In case you aren't confused enough . I haven't seen anyone mention the Lance trailer. They have a good reputation can come with generators and are 4 season. When I was looking I considered one ,but decided it was just a little small for me . while you are looking check them out.
I just bought a Lance (shown in my signature) and my wife and I both LOVE it! It is very well built and came with almost all the available options including solar. It is small to most people but it works well for just the two of us and a Golden Retriever. We have only had it out twice and the last time was for 2 nights "off grid". It is "four season" certified. And it's only 5200# fully loaded (not including personal items). Very happy with our purchase.
Lancealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:35 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
MM could see some of those in Paradise near her. I live in the area and have been juggling the same types of questions. Meeks in Lathrop has Lance also. The other brand I was curious about wood vs aluminum frames, the new Apexes have Azdel like Lance claim not to dry rot.
Unless a trailer has been stored insid's I have largely written off looking at 10-15 year old ones.

1993 Pace Arrow Diesel Allison 6 spd
Cummins 8.3C Oshkosh M chassis
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2017 EZ-Go Golf Cart
miwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #55

That was always part of the "plan" but I am running out of time. I have no place to live on July 1. if I can manage to secure housing somehow and keep researching, I will for sure. I did stay in a 21 foot TT for 4 days and 3 nights to see what it felt like to live in one and, while I will have to make a tone of concessions, I did like it. I just have not towed a TT yet!
Old 05-31-2017, 11:44 AM   #56

Opinions on Keystone Bullet? This floorplan is almost perfect. They have not given me a price yet. It is used but coming from AZ so I feel comfortable bc of the dry climate.

thanks - Peace, MM, BnB