Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #29

Thank you Persistant, that is great info!
SurfColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2019, 06:45 AM   #30

I have been told by Dutchman that the heater will not work if the batteries are below 12.8 V. Has anyone had problems needing their heater while Boondocking and not having enough power to run it? Is there a way around this limit to make the heater work maybe down to say 12 V?
SurfColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #31

I’m not a battery expert but my fully charged AGMs come in around 12.8-12.9 volts. 12.0 volts indicate a 25% charge.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:07 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfColorado View Post
I have been told by Dutchman that the heater will not work if the batteries are below 12.8 V. Has anyone had problems needing their heater while Boondocking and not having enough power to run it? Is there a way around this limit to make the heater work maybe down to say 12 V?
There is a mistake in there some where. The furnace works fine to well below 12.0 volts. Maybe the dealer meant 11.8 volts.

The water heater uses very little 12 volt power. It is only used to run the thermostat and igniter. It works fine well below 12.0 volts. The dual gas/electric is propane / 115 volt shore power.

As I said in my previous post we have dry camped for 3 days in below freezing weather with plenty of reserve to run every thing.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #33

For those who are following this thread an update on my 2018 175BH. It had water leaks as shown in previous pictures. It has taken in for repair in October. Turns out there was a recall on the furnace and they couldn't look at the water leaks until the furnace recall was fixed. So that happened. Then the water leaks... long story short I received a phone call this week from Keystone RV's head office. They are replacing my entire trailer. I was kind of dumbfounded as I didn't know they did this. But hey! There was no screwing around, it was to the point. So thanks Keystone for standing behind your product. The new one is being built as we speak and is headed to their head office for an inspection before it makes it's way here. Should arrive beginning of May. I will let you all know how the Cub v2.0 works out! LOL
kodiakcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #34

Nor'easters Club
WOW that is a good way to fix the water leak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakcub View Post
Turns out there was a recall on the furnace and they couldn't look at the water leaks until the furnace recall was fixed.
Can you share any more info on the recall they had on the furnace? I suspect we have the same furnace.

thanks!
corum999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:41 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by corum999 View Post
WOW that is a good way to fix the water leak!

Can you share any more info on the recall they had on the furnace? I suspect we have the same furnace.

thanks!

I believe the "Service Campaign" was for the first year Cub's that had the larger fridge where the pantry used to be... the furnace is under the fridge and the furnace wiring harness was set on top of the exhaust tube - The "fix" was to put a heat shield around the wiring harness.
kodiakcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:05 PM   #36

Have been looking at the 175BH and came to the same conclusions in our comparisons with Passport, Jayco, etc on this thread. Problem is, now in 2020, they removed the window by the front bed, in addition to a roof vent. Huge loss in my opinion, as the other windows are not fully operable. So, now get to hunt for older models out-of-state. Love the layout since 2018+ and 2019. Looked at Passports and Retro's, but don't need huge waste of space for a TV, lack of cabinets, or even an oven.
Tonatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #37

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonatic View Post
Have been looking at the 175BH and came to the same conclusions in our comparisons with Passport, Jayco, etc on this thread. Problem is, now in 2020, they removed the window by the front bed, in addition to a roof vent. Huge loss in my opinion, as the other windows are not fully operable. So, now get to hunt for older models out-of-state. Love the layout since 2018+ and 2019. Looked at Passports and Retro's, but don't need huge waste of space for a TV, lack of cabinets, or even an oven.
Wow, I had not seen those changes for the 2020 model until you mentioned them so I took a look at the Kodiak Cub website. While the front cap looks nice (more like the higher end models) removing the over-the-bed window and roof vent seem like terrible ideas to me. I like having the window there so we can get a little breeze at night while sleeping.

They should be going the other way and ADDING a window on the other side by the door so you can get a cross breeze.

I still think the rest of the features and layout still makes the 175BH a winner, its just unfortunate that those changes were made.

Good luck on your search!
Old 06-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #38

Nor'easters Club
Just in case anyone else runs into this problem... Last fall one of the amber marker lights on the front side of our 175BH popped off while driving down the road.

It took a little searching but I was able to locate the same light with lens from e-Trailer for pretty cheap:
Optronics LED Clearance or Side Marker Light with Reflector - Amber Lens, Item # MCL0039ABB

I added a little silicon when I popped the new lens on this time so hopefully it will stay on better now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	175BH missing marker light.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	250308