RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-13-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 43,326
2018 Lance 2375 TT?

My son has the RV bug and is looking at one of these TT's. I know nothing about TT's so can't help him much. Any opinions on these? Thanks!
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
keymastr's Avatar
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,359
I personally don't care for the low ceiling, flat roof, non-ducted AC and lighter weight materials. They have had a few issues with the front caps denting in. I don't know what the fix is but if it has that issue you will see it. They advertise a bunch about having Azdel siding but I have seen Azdel have issues also so maintenance is more important than material choice.

They are pretty expensive for what you get in my opinion, with all the weight saving and low profile being geared towards towing with a smaller less capable tow vehicle. I would prefer a heavier build and get a proper tow vehicle myself but they have a loyal following and you probably will get your money mostly back when you sell.
__________________
2020 F28 RKS Titanium
2017 Creekside 23 RBS
2016 F250 Super Crew XLT
keymastr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Barlow46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Coast Fl
Posts: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
I personally don't care for the low ceiling, flat roof, non-ducted AC and lighter weight materials. They have had a few issues with the front caps denting in. I don't know what the fix is but if it has that issue you will see it. They advertise a bunch about having Azdel siding but I have seen Azdel have issues also so maintenance is more important than material choice.

They are pretty expensive for what you get in my opinion, with all the weight saving and low profile being geared towards towing with a smaller less capable tow vehicle. I would prefer a heavier build and get a proper tow vehicle myself but they have a loyal following and you probably will get your money mostly back when you sell.


You need to look at better quality such as Arctic Fox by Northwood. Arched roof, heavy, in house frame, 4 seasons livability. Go to northwoodmfg.org to Northwood owners website and take a look.
__________________
2016 Arctic Fox 25Y (For Sale), 2016 F350 4x4 DRW, 6.7
2008 Mobile Suites RE3: Sold
2005 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV: Sold
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:35 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,586
A 2018 Lance is nicer than earlier years that had the filon front cap. I think every MFG had issue with the rolled filon caps at some point. Not all but many developed waves and bubbles because it was not attached, but rather just floating over the framing in the center.

Fit and finish on a Lance is top notch IMO. I've walked through many at RV shows over the years and with their CNC process every cabinet fits like a glove.

While Azdel may have an issue once in awhile, Luan is always susceptible to delam.
The only issue I have with Lance are the floor plans, which is purely subjective.
As far as the 2375 floor plan goes, my grips are that the kitchen counter is almost nonexistent and the rear recliners are very uncomfortable. Replacing them may be difficult since the rear living area is small. There's zero counter top space for food prep.

Again purely subjective. Overall Lance makes a solid TT that should last years longer than much of the run of the mill stuff out of Indiana.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:35 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 43,326
Thanks for your comments! I'll pass those along to my son!
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,380
2018 Lance 2375 TT?

We own a Lance 1995 for three years now, with zero issues. Installed a 3Ē inch lift and no issues going down back roads. It has a higher book value than what we paid for it.

They have their own forum which I am a member and not sure what the above post are talking about. Yes, they tried a PVC substrate material on the front cap back in 2018 that had issues, and Lance had to make repairs on them. The roof does have a slight curve, and uses a PVC roof which I love.

They use two layers of Azdel which is also a vapor barrier making it very beneficial when camping in cold temps. They donít use any cheap batten insulation like Northwoods.

The plumbing is crimped and very neatly ran with good support. The wiring is engineered to each specific floor plan, and is also neatly ran. I am OCD and personally cannot stand when materials are off, or thrown together.

They use high quality light weight materials including multi ply cabinet frames. Towing with a 1/2 ton truck there is no better option IMO.
__________________
Owners of a 2018 Lance 1995
St.George, UT
Former 02 Intrigue by Country Coach
bneukam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 43,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
We own a Lance 1995 for three years now, with zero issues. Installed a 3Ē inch lift and no issues going down back roads. It has a higher book value than what we paid for it.

They have their own forum which I am a member and not sure what the above post are talking about. Yes, they tried a PVC substrate material on the front cap back in 2018 that had issues, and Lance had to make repairs on them. The roof does have a slight curve, and uses a PVC roof which I love.

They use two layers of Azdel which is also a vapor barrier making it very beneficial when camping in cold temps. They donít use any cheap batten insulation like Northwoods.

The plumbing is crimped and very neatly ran with good support. The wiring is engineered to each specific floor plan, and is also neatly ran. I am OCD and personally cannot stand when materials are off, or thrown together.

They use high quality light weight materials including multi ply cabinet frames. Towing with a 1/2 ton truck there is no better option IMO.
How can we know if a unit has or has had this problem?
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:47 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 43,326
My son has an older F150, I think maybe a 2007-2008. I see that this TT has a GVWR of 7000 lbs. Not sure if his F150 could handle it.
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
My son has an older F150, I think maybe a 2007-2008. I see that this TT has a GVWR of 7000 lbs. Not sure if his F150 could handle it.
Check the federally mandated weight sticker in the tow vehicle driver's door frame. Calculate the remaining cargo capacity. Double the published tongue weight. Does he have enough.

Also, none of the other specifications may be exceeded including tire specs.
__________________
Paul Bristol
Kodiak Cub 176RD
Nissan Pathfinder 2015
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
How can we know if a unit has or has had this problem?


It was an expansion, contraction issue with the substrate, and fiberglass. It caused ripples to form. Nothing structural. Most that I know have been repaired. But the build dates were sometime in Jan thru Mar 2018.
__________________
Owners of a 2018 Lance 1995
St.George, UT
Former 02 Intrigue by Country Coach
bneukam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 43,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
It was an expansion, contraction issue with the substrate, and fiberglass. It caused ripples to form. Nothing structural. Most that I know have been repaired. But the build dates were sometime in Jan thru Mar 2018.
So you're saying that if no ripples are showing now then it should be OK?
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:30 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
So you're saying that if no ripples are showing now then it should be OK?


Yes, but some units during that three month time frame were repaired by dealer, and most were shipped back to Lance for repair. A few owners werenít happy with the dealer repairs.

Just to be clear it was only on certain units. If your looking at a build date close to that time frame you can call Lance as they should have the list of VIN that were affected.
__________________
Owners of a 2018 Lance 1995
St.George, UT
Former 02 Intrigue by Country Coach
bneukam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
wrvond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
My son has an older F150, I think maybe a 2007-2008. I see that this TT has a GVWR of 7000 lbs. Not sure if his F150 could handle it.
I pulled a 7000 lb. GVWR TT with a 2006 F150 with the Triton engine. 6.2L IIRC; killed that motor in very short order.
__________________
2014 Coachmen Catalina 253RKS
2017 F350 6.7L CCLB DRW Ruby Red
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:07 PM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 43,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I pulled a 7000 lb. GVWR TT with a 2006 F150 with the Triton engine. 6.2L IIRC; killed that motor in very short order.
Thanks for the heads-up!
__________________
Joe & Annette
Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits.....
2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lance 2375 With a Tundra FossilHunter Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 11 09-02-2020 10:43 AM
Lance 2375 With a Tundra FossilHunter Travel Trailer Discussion 6 08-27-2020 06:08 AM
Lance 2375 vs Winnebago Minnie 2500FL? Lstyles Travel Trailer Discussion 10 01-17-2019 07:15 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.