Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2021, 11:10 PM   #1

A/C leak

My colman mach iii
Needs to be re sealed in my trailer
Trailer is a 2018 coachman viking saga 17BH
The problem is the PO broke the factory seal to install the micro air kit which works super well and allows me to use a 15 amp circuit to run the AC. BUT They did a shoddy job sealing it back up. I have been putting a cover on the ac but it is a pain to have to climb up to put it on. I would like to remove the cover late may and reinstall at the end of the season.
What product would you recommend for this
It has nothing to do with the roof its the metal seams of the ac unit. Its rain that leaks not condensation.
Pdx camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I usually use a clear silicone sealant, for most sealing jobs. It remains flexible and waterproof in extreme temperatures.
Trekgrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdx camper View Post
My colman mach iii
Needs to be re sealed in my trailer
Trailer is a 2018 coachman viking saga 17BH
The problem is the PO broke the factory seal to install the micro air kit which works super well and allows me to use a 15 amp circuit to run the AC. BUT They did a shoddy job sealing it back up. I have been putting a cover on the ac but it is a pain to have to climb up to put it on. I would like to remove the cover late may and reinstall at the end of the season.
What product would you recommend for this
It has nothing to do with the roof its the metal seams of the ac unit. Its rain that leaks not condensation.
On a roof top AC unit there are 4 hold down bolts that come from the inside to the AC unit. The gasket under the AC unit should be compressed about 1/2 of the thickness of the gasket.
To get to the bolts on the inside you need to remove the inside cover on the ceiling. Then you should see the bolts, 1 at each corner. Make sure these are tight. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN the bolts it will result in the unit leaking when it rains.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak