Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2022, 06:22 PM   #1

Adding A Light Switch

We bought a new TT last year, a Tracer 260BSHLE. We absolutely love it, but there is one issue.
In the bathroom, the light switches are on the light fixtures on the ceiling. I watched a YouTube video where a guy added a light switch to the wall for his young daughter.
I want to do this for our grandkids and my mom will be staying with us for a week this coming summer.
I'm a DIY guy, but has anyone else done this? I'm looking for any and all info.
Thanks in advance!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2022, 06:31 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Google 12v wireless remote light switch.. I did this on my last MH.. Which had a light she couldn't reach.. Worked great!
Concord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 09:52 PM   #3

I did the the 12v wireless switch on the bedroom light in our old TT. Added a bit of Velcro and stuck it on the wall by the door. Much more convenient than a wired switch.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:57 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
https://www.amazon.com/12v-wireless-...control+switch

There's a couple to look at.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 11:55 AM   #5

We have the same type of switch in fixture in our bathroom that our kids can't reach. I bought a set of these touch lights linked below. I mounted it on the wall where a switch would go. Works great for them. I even use it if I have to go in the middle of the night because it's dimmable.

I put the other in our pantry to give us some light in there. The batteries seem to last forever.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
vtron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, switch