Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I do and I don't trust the door sticker. On my f150 the sticker said 1896 but when I weighed it with me and full of gas it was only 1450. But yet on my F350 it went from 5850 to 5660. Just be aware.
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdf1982 View Post
Thank you for the tire tips. Has anyone had any luck negotiating better tires into the purchase with the dealer?

Also, having no experience with TT air conditioners, is Florida in the summer going to be bearable? If we leave the AC off during the day while we’re at the park, will it cool down once we get back?
You can try that as part of the deal for sure. And as I mentioned earlier, there are a few RVs coming out with the new Endurance from the factory. I believe Jayco, Airstream, and possibly Grand Design to name a few. If you plan to hit Florida during the summer, it will be hot and the A/C will have to run constantly to even try to keep up. I would request a shaded site if available when you reserve. Or, if possible with the kids school schedules, plan an Orlando run in the spring, fall, or even over the Christmas/New Years break. Going to southern, sunny Florida in the summer can be miserable. You'll quickly notice as you travel south, dozens of RVs passing you going north. They are the ones who have had enough, lol. We don't even go to our NC beaches during the summer because of the sweltering heat and crowds.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, cat