Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #1

Advice on HENG's retrofit vent fan

I really want to replace the rattling noisy OEM fan in my bathroom.

Fantastic fans start at $110.00

There is a HENGs retrofit kit that is just the fan for $50.00, but very little information, no db rating etc.

Anyone ever use a HENGs retrofit kit and have any feedback OR any other lower cost replacement kit suggestions?

Thank you!

Smithers
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #2

I installed two of the single speed units. They do make more noise than the expensive brand. However I knew that they would if allowed to run full speed. I added a PWM to each fan with a reversing switch. Now I have full control of speed and direction, works great.

lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #3

I installed one in our bathroom.

Well worth the money. Yes not a quite as the fantastic fan. But still in the bathroom who cares. Now when we have a shower there is no condensation.

They have two models one that's just on off and the other has the variable speed and reverse. But if you are just doing the bathroom I would just do the standard one.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #4

I installed this kit in our toilet room, on off no speed control, 5 years & 40k miles ago. Less noise than the cheepo tiny rattly $3 fan we had originally but way more than the fantastic type. If you would like to run the fan for general ventilation, I'd bite the bullet & go for the better fan instead. If it's an occasional short duration run fan then this one is great. Good volume. I thought the plastic gear to raise the hatch would have worn out by now but it hasn't.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If you look on Amazon you'll find quite a few reviews. Maybe that'll help your decision.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, fan, vent