Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #1

Aerolite 295RL

Good evening.

We've purchased a 2011 Aerolite 295RLGS. Interesting note is that the unit was built in 2011, but it is supposedly titled 2012. Clearly by the brochures its a 2011. Anyway, Had it camping for the first time. Learned quite a bit, but still more to learn.

2 questions;

1. Our grey and black tank lite indicators are stuck on 1/3 and 2/3, prior to travel and after dumping. So the sensors are soiled in some manner. The garage told me to get a bottle of RV sensor cleaner. Has anyone had any luck with this stuff?

2. Second question, the manual is very general. The next trip we may be using our onboard water tank since the campground does not have water to each site. I have found where to add the water, but cannot find where to drain the tank. Any help here as to where this drain is located would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Michael77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #2

Welcome.

Doesn't matter when it was built, what is the tenth character in the VIN? A "B" is a 2011 model, a "C" is a 2012.

The drain will be straight below the fresh water tank, it may just be a line with a cap on it or plug in it.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #3

It is a C, so 2012 it is then.

I looked below the fill line but couldn't find it, I'll look again tomorrow when it's light. Thank you
Old 09-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #4

I have had the best luck cleaning the sensors by flushing the tank. I put toilet Chems in and filling it letting soak if necessary then drain. Third time it is down to 1/3 and I call it good. After a few trips you will know how many days you can go on before it is time to empty so the sensors aren't that critical.

The drains: the fresh water tank typically has one drain. It is normally under the tank not the fill line as mentioned. Look for tubes or white caps or valves. You may also find a second set of drains which will be the low point drains. There will be a hot and cold drain for that.

Reminder to sanitize your fresh water tank/ system before using. Directions in the manual.

Welcome, you have found a great forum!
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:22 AM   #5

Thank you. I found the drain. It's smaller than I thought, and somewhat hidden behind the wheels.

Your right next thing is to sanitize.

Guess I'll try some sensor cleaner once or twice to see what happens
Old 09-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
We've purchased a 2011 Aerolite 295RLGS. Interesting note is that the unit was built in 2011, but it is supposedly titled 2012. Clearly by the brochures its a 2011. Anyway, Had it camping for the first time. Learned quite a bit, but still more to learn.
We have a titled 2013 Aerolite we ordered first week of Feb. 2012 and took ownership March 15 of 2012. We actually ordered a 2012, but were given a 2013. The dealer owner said when they run out of 2012 "frames". They start the next year's titled frames.

Quote:
1. Our grey and black tank lite indicators are stuck on 1/3 and 2/3, prior to travel and after dumping. So the sensors are soiled in some manner. The garage told me to get a bottle of RV sensor cleaner. Has anyone had any luck with this stuff?
Before you go on the next trip, dump 10- 20 pounds of ice cubes into the empty tank. and maybe bumpy roads may dislodge the gunk on the indicators. Also use a cap full of Calgon to help keep the tank insides slippery. Might want to get a back flush valve next time you have a full service site to maybe clean the tank good.

Quote:
2. Second question, the manual is very general. The next trip we may be using our onboard water tank since the campground does not have water to each site. I have found where to add the water, but cannot find where to drain the tank. Any help here as to where this drain is located would be appreciated.
This is our 2nd Aerolite (2013). On our 2005 Aerolite the tank drain was right near the edge of the trailer underneath. It was a little plastic valve. Since it was cheap looking, I always held the body of the valve in one hand and turned it to open with the other hand. Always feared breaking off the valve. On our 2013 the drain is between the axles more near the center of the trailer underneath. It's just a cap (no valve). I have to reach between the axle springs to be able to reach it with one hand. I have gotten good at doing it with one hand. Usually after we dump, I'll lay out a little plastic ground sheet and reach in to take the cap off to let the rest of the water out. We don't travel with water. If you find that you just have the cap, I would buy a 2nd one just to have it, in case it goes missing.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote