Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2017, 10:48 PM   #1

Air compressor fitting? 2016 Evo by Forest River T2050

We're the new proud owners of an Evo by Forest River T2050, our first RV. I'm learning -- slowly, but I'm learning, and I'm excited to take our frequent camping to a whole new level this season.

While de-winterizing the trailer tonight I noticed a fitting midway down the right side of the trailer that looks for all the world like an air compressor fitting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170415_223329.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	158421

Is that for blowing out the lines for winterizing the trailer? Everything that I read about winterizing using compressed air calls for fitting the compressor to the city water inlet, so I'd appreciate any instruction as to how to use this fitting to winterize the trailer. Otherwise I'd love to know what it's for. The owner's manual is hopelessly generic and therefore essentially useless.

Thanks in advance! And I'm happy to join the forums.
FirstTracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #2

I'm thinking this is your aux out propane fitting for hooking up to a cook unit outside the coach. Keep it clean and lubed with WD-40. You may find it very useful in the near future.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post
I'm thinking this is your aux out propane fitting for hooking up to a cook unit outside the coach. Keep it clean and lubed with WD-40. You may find it very useful in the near future.

DTW
Oh, no kidding! So, the tee-valve I installed on one of my propane tanks is now useless. [emoji1]

So, that would be low pressure, right? Therefore no regulator needed in the line to the grill?
Old 04-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTracks View Post
Oh, no kidding! So, the tee-valve I installed on one of my propane tanks is now useless. [emoji1]

So, that would be low pressure, right? Therefore no regulator needed in the line to the grill?
On most of the connections I'm familiar with, yes it is after the regulator.
I've never seen an installed blowout for winterizing, normally you'd have to install that yourself, and it's just a fitting you screw onto the end of your hose, or directly into the water input on the trailer, (keep in mind you must keep your air pressure down to or below normal water pressure of 50PSI) Or you could burst water lines.

Lets discus winterizing later, and get you straight on your first questions.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:34 AM   #5

Quote:
I've never seen an installed blowout for winterizing, normally you'd have to install that yourself, and it's just a fitting you screw onto the end of your hose, or directly into the water input on the trailer, (keep in mind you must keep your air pressure down to or below normal water pressure of 50PSI) Or you could burst water lines.
Yes, that's consistent with what I've read, thanks for the verification. And since you pointed me on the right track, yes it does appear to be a low pressure propane supply line similar to ones that I now see on other coaches. I just ordered a hose to connect my grill, so I'll be able to verify in a few days when it arrives.

Quote:
Lets discus winterizing later, and get you straight on your first questions.
Fair enough, thankfully winterizing is many months off. I was just curious as to what that fitting was for, and now I think that you've shown me a great feature that I didn't realize was there.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:48 AM   #6

Confirmed now that I noticed the writing on the dust cap:

https://mbsturgis.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170415_223313.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	158428  

Tags