Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #29

Still pulling up more Congoleum. I used some wet newspaper to pull up the black glue is water soluble. The water helped pull up the paper-like backing and black glue really well. All I did after that was wash it down with bleach water and allow it to dry. No sanding!

I spray painted the front panel on the fridge and removed and am in the process of painting the old ugly range hood/vent. Talk about rust! I took the face it down to bare metal. Sprayed primer and the next day wet sanded before spraying it silver. It's a bit more bright than I would have liked but at least it will reflect light better. Today the fan and electrical shroud got scraped by hand and primed. Tomorrow... more silver.

I have most of the plates (tops and bottoms of the cushions) cut and welted. I made the welting too. And I just have 6 more plates to cut and all the sides with zippers to cut and install. But the weather is nice enough to work in and on the trailer so doing that first.

As a reminder... this is the fabric, floral is the main fabric, the striped stuff ended up being the welting and I have plenty of that and the spot-like cotton to make curtains, etc.

Tomorrow? Probably will remove the propane tanks and naval jelly the tongue and paint that white. Oh and while I'm doing all this? I'm still working on leather stuff. lol
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #30

trailer restoration

Good to see pictures and know you are coming along with your restoration. I am anxiously waiting for good weather to do a few small fixits on our HiLo.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
Good to see pictures and know you are coming along with your restoration. I am anxiously waiting for good weather to do a few small fixits on our HiLo.
I started doing the upholstery because I could do it while it was still chilly out. The past few days have been in the upper 60s and low 70s so I tackled some of the other stuff that needed doing. I didn't get the tongue scraped and prayed like I wanted but only because I was lazy and the weather was threatening a thunderstorm. lol

Today? We got a new 8gal 2 hp compressor.... so a tire got aired up.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #32

Wow! Hubby surprised me this morning by using his new plastic welder and repairing the black tank. It looks really good too.

I was going to share a picture but my silly camera has a low battery.